or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 388

post #5806 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
 

 

If you ever catch me paying €2000 for an amp/dac you have my permission to punch me square in the face.

 

I'll be picking up the HD700 soon, just need to listen with my little E10K to decide if I want something more powerful or whether that's me retired from this hobby for 10 years.  Wishful thinking..

I have the E12 amp, and it was nice to use it with my iPOD's at home and away from home.  The FiiO X7 was loud enough without an external amp, so I also used it at home and away.  Now, I have given the E12 to wifey, and sold the FiiO X7.  The headphone base station amp is now the Sony PHA3, while the Onkyo will be used everywhere, and without an external amp attached.  I feel kind of funny paying a price like that for an all-in-one unit, but still turn around and piggy-back an external amp...  ..and then, you know, too me, if you work to earn extra toy money, and the necessities have been met, then there is nothing wrong with paying too much, or throwing some money away to have fun :-)  ..but I believe if a person does not have the funds, and they are going to undercut the living necessities in life, then there may be a problem.


Edited by Hitec - 2/8/16 at 11:02pm
post #5807 of 6226

Returned to the store today with some lossless audio files.  Still really liked what I heard.  The decision is now whether to pay $530~ or hold station for a European Amazon to run a deal.  They seem to have done it towards the end of the year for the last few years, which doesn't bode well for my patience/bank account.

 

You guys who spent $1000 on these are probably flipping me the bird right about now.. :tongue_smile:.  In truth, it's only the reduction in price that allows me to even consider these.

post #5808 of 6226
post #5809 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
 

Returned to the store today with some lossless audio files.  Still really liked what I heard.  The decision is now whether to pay $530~ or hold station for a European Amazon to run a deal.  They seem to have done it towards the end of the year for the last few years, which doesn't bode well for my patience/bank account.

 

You guys who spent $1000 on these are probably flipping me the bird right about now.. :tongue_smile:.  In truth, it's only the reduction in price that allows me to even consider these.

 

Welp my patience lasted less than 3 hours. €470.19/$530.92 delivery in < 48 hours.

post #5810 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
 

 

Welp my patience lasted less than 3 hours. €470.19/$530.92 delivery in < 48 hours.



That's better than a lot of people on this site. 

 

Post impressions when you've got 'em...

post #5811 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
 

 

Welp my patience lasted less than 3 hours. €470.19/$530.92 delivery in < 48 hours.

I think that is still a great price, I paid $575 a year and a half ago and though that was a bargain.

post #5812 of 6226

Yea, I paid $444 for mine a couple of weeks ago, through they was only used for for 10hours from the person I bought it from, But looked new. I glad it did took a price dive over the years, As I would had never got it if it didn't.

post #5813 of 6226

Just don't mess up the cable, it still costs over $300 to get a new one from Sennheiser.

post #5814 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizek View Post
 

Just don't mess up the cable, it still costs over $300 to get a new one from Sennheiser.

would never get the stock cable, always kinking up, for $300 you can get some really nice aftermarket cables, not that I believe they make a difference, but this is just me.  Easy to build your own, connectors + plug + cable $50, just need to solder 7 places and you're done, making it look nice is a little more work but well worth it for me.  For the $300 you could get a soldering station, shrink tubing, wire strippers, helping hands station and solder/rosin and all the parts to build a cable.

post #5815 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
 

would never get the stock cable, always kinking up, for $300 you can get some really nice aftermarket cables, not that I believe they make a difference, but this is just me.  Easy to build your own, connectors + plug + cable $50, just need to solder 7 places and you're done, making it look nice is a little more work but well worth it for me.  For the $300 you could get a soldering station, shrink tubing, wire strippers, helping hands station and solder/rosin and all the parts to build a cable.

 

Ya, I was joking about how ridiculous Sennheiser's prices were for this thing, especially now that the headophone sells for only $150 more than the cable by itself. 

post #5816 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizek View Post
 

 

Ya, I was joking about how ridiculous Sennheiser's prices were for this thing, especially now that the headphone sells for only $150 more than the cable by itself. 

 

Amazon (US) has the HD 700's for $466 right now.  I bought an aftermarket cable out of China that works perfectly fine for me and received it in less than a week - pretty good service, IMHO.  If interested...

 

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Audio-upgrade-Sennheiser-Headphones/dp/B00KBBR8T4/ref=pd_sim_23_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41uW1NVcgzL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=104K584CG1TMN4NNTPZ0

post #5817 of 6226

@GumbyDammit223, I also got one of those before I started to build my own, really good cable for the price, but my dog also liked it :cool:

post #5818 of 6226

Got the same one, a little short and not up to the quality of the stock cable.  It is a little thick and kinky, but if you let the cable hang straight for a day, the kinks come out fine.

post #5819 of 6226

The one I actually got was 2m but it looks like they don't offer it anymore which for my setup works great.  It's funny - I've had the Senn cable hanging for almost a month now and it's still as folded up as ever, even after going through reverse-coiling it.  Ya gotta love companies who can't use standard parts so they can make "special" cables for "special" prices. :cool:

post #5820 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by connieflyer View Post
 

Got the same one, a little short and not up to the quality of the stock cable.  It is a little thick and kinky, but if you let the cable hang straight for a day, the kinks come out fine.

Had my stock cable stretched out for a month and it still kinked up, even tried with a heat gun but it didn't help either.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread