to put it in a few words the HD700 sounds like a brighter more refined HD598.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 11/12/16 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 12/28/16 at 6:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 36post #526 of 76807/29/13 at 7:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #527 of 76808/1/13 at 10:48am
Hi Folks, I drive my HD700 by a Fiio E07k and never use more than 40% of the volume. Actually 40% volume is too loud. I'm satisfied of my HD700’s SQ but I’ve never used a high-end Amp to drive it.
Does anyone have experience of driving a HD700 by an E17 or E07? Should I expect a better SQ if I use a better Amp?
Edited by pdrm360 - 8/1/13 at 11:53ampost #528 of 76808/1/13 at 11:19ampost #529 of 76808/1/13 at 11:20amQuote:
I agree with you, I found it definitely an upgrade from HD598. I don’t think HD650 or HD600 are a good upgrade from HD598.post #530 of 76808/1/13 at 2:52pmQuote:
Yep, it's more of a trade off than a solid upgrade really when moving to the HD650, soundstage airyness and width or soundstage accuracy and overall refinement and detail.post #531 of 76808/2/13 at 4:00amQuote:
I have an HD555 with the 555-595(8) mod that I've listened to quite a bit. When I got my HD580 (same drivers as the HD600) I thought they blew my 555's out of the water in every way. I haven't heard the HD700, but I disagree that the HD600 isn't a good upgrade from the 598.post #532 of 76808/2/13 at 4:02ampost #533 of 76808/2/13 at 5:04am
I think streetdragon & pdrm360 meant that the hd700 are more in the original spirit of the hd598, taking a particular presentation , and improving the sound quality. Hence if you love the hd598 , it would be more logical to update to the hd700, rather than the hd600.
Similarly, I felt that the hd800 is a kind of "mega hd595", somehow relaxed presentation , but improved in sound quality.
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 8/2/13 at 5:41ampost #534 of 76808/5/13 at 9:49pm
it's fun to see the difference of opinion among user of hd800 and the rest of senn hd.
For me, I never get to enjoy hd800 at all, even after mod, change cable, change amp you name it. it just doesn't sound right especially mid and lower bass freq. I listen to all types and genre except classical.
I just came back from headphone festival in singapore, and I try again those headphones I sold away with CLAS + RX3B combo that I enjoy with my HD600. Well, I come back to the same conclusion. To me, HD800 is still the worse I have audited :p
I have try HD600, HD650, HD700, HD800, T1, top end open back shure (forgot the model), fostex 900, I find HD700 still better.post #535 of 76808/23/13 at 10:16pmpost #536 of 76808/23/13 at 10:38pmpost #537 of 76808/26/13 at 1:36pmpost #538 of 76808/26/13 at 10:01pmQuote:
I really don’t know why some people do hate on HD700.
Edited by pdrm360 - 8/27/13 at 10:13ampost #539 of 76808/27/13 at 6:56am
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 seconds ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 21 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 22 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo mint (free shipping) 24 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 31 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear