to put it in a few words the HD700 sounds like a brighter more refined HD598.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 4/10/15 at 12:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 36post #526 of 43367/29/13 at 7:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #527 of 43368/1/13 at 10:48am
Hi Folks, I drive my HD700 by a Fiio E07k and never use more than 40% of the volume. Actually 40% volume is too loud. I'm satisfied of my HD700’s SQ but I’ve never used a high-end Amp to drive it.
Does anyone have experience of driving a HD700 by an E17 or E07? Should I expect a better SQ if I use a better Amp?
Edited by pdrm360 - 8/1/13 at 11:53ampost #528 of 43368/1/13 at 11:19ampost #529 of 43368/1/13 at 11:20amQuote:
I agree with you, I found it definitely an upgrade from HD598. I don’t think HD650 or HD600 are a good upgrade from HD598.post #530 of 43368/1/13 at 2:52pmQuote:
Yep, it's more of a trade off than a solid upgrade really when moving to the HD650, soundstage airyness and width or soundstage accuracy and overall refinement and detail.post #531 of 43368/2/13 at 4:00amQuote:
I have an HD555 with the 555-595(8) mod that I've listened to quite a bit. When I got my HD580 (same drivers as the HD600) I thought they blew my 555's out of the water in every way. I haven't heard the HD700, but I disagree that the HD600 isn't a good upgrade from the 598.post #532 of 43368/2/13 at 4:02ampost #533 of 43368/2/13 at 5:04am
I think streetdragon & pdrm360 meant that the hd700 are more in the original spirit of the hd598, taking a particular presentation , and improving the sound quality. Hence if you love the hd598 , it would be more logical to update to the hd700, rather than the hd600.
Similarly, I felt that the hd800 is a kind of "mega hd595", somehow relaxed presentation , but improved in sound quality.
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 8/2/13 at 5:41ampost #534 of 43368/5/13 at 9:49pm
it's fun to see the difference of opinion among user of hd800 and the rest of senn hd.
For me, I never get to enjoy hd800 at all, even after mod, change cable, change amp you name it. it just doesn't sound right especially mid and lower bass freq. I listen to all types and genre except classical.
I just came back from headphone festival in singapore, and I try again those headphones I sold away with CLAS + RX3B combo that I enjoy with my HD600. Well, I come back to the same conclusion. To me, HD800 is still the worse I have audited :p
I have try HD600, HD650, HD700, HD800, T1, top end open back shure (forgot the model), fostex 900, I find HD700 still better.post #535 of 43368/23/13 at 10:16pmpost #536 of 43368/23/13 at 10:38pmpost #537 of 43368/26/13 at 1:36pmpost #538 of 43368/26/13 at 10:01pmQuote:
I really don’t know why some people do hate on HD700.
Edited by pdrm360 - 8/27/13 at 10:13ampost #539 of 43368/27/13 at 6:56am
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 24 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 3 minutes ago
- › Bricasti M1 DAC impressions. 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)