to put it in a few words the HD700 sounds like a brighter more refined HD598.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 9/8/14 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 8/1/13 at 3:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/26/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 11/26/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 36post #526 of 22057/29/13 at 7:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #527 of 22058/1/13 at 10:48am
Hi Folks, I drive my HD700 by a Fiio E07k and never use more than 40% of the volume. Actually 40% volume is too loud. I'm satisfied of my HD700’s SQ but I’ve never used a high-end Amp to drive it.
Does anyone have experience of driving a HD700 by an E17 or E07? Should I expect a better SQ if I use a better Amp?
Edited by pdrm360 - 8/1/13 at 11:53ampost #528 of 22058/1/13 at 11:19ampost #529 of 22058/1/13 at 11:20amQuote:
I agree with you, I found it definitely an upgrade from HD598. I don’t think HD650 or HD600 are a good upgrade from HD598.post #530 of 22058/1/13 at 2:52pmQuote:
Yep, it's more of a trade off than a solid upgrade really when moving to the HD650, soundstage airyness and width or soundstage accuracy and overall refinement and detail.post #531 of 22058/2/13 at 4:00amQuote:
I have an HD555 with the 555-595(8) mod that I've listened to quite a bit. When I got my HD580 (same drivers as the HD600) I thought they blew my 555's out of the water in every way. I haven't heard the HD700, but I disagree that the HD600 isn't a good upgrade from the 598.post #532 of 22058/2/13 at 4:02ampost #533 of 22058/2/13 at 5:04am
I think streetdragon & pdrm360 meant that the hd700 are more in the original spirit of the hd598, taking a particular presentation , and improving the sound quality. Hence if you love the hd598 , it would be more logical to update to the hd700, rather than the hd600.
Similarly, I felt that the hd800 is a kind of "mega hd595", somehow relaxed presentation , but improved in sound quality.
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 8/2/13 at 5:41ampost #534 of 22058/5/13 at 9:49pm
it's fun to see the difference of opinion among user of hd800 and the rest of senn hd.
For me, I never get to enjoy hd800 at all, even after mod, change cable, change amp you name it. it just doesn't sound right especially mid and lower bass freq. I listen to all types and genre except classical.
I just came back from headphone festival in singapore, and I try again those headphones I sold away with CLAS + RX3B combo that I enjoy with my HD600. Well, I come back to the same conclusion. To me, HD800 is still the worse I have audited :p
I have try HD600, HD650, HD700, HD800, T1, top end open back shure (forgot the model), fostex 900, I find HD700 still better.post #535 of 22058/23/13 at 10:16pmpost #536 of 22058/23/13 at 10:38pmpost #537 of 22058/26/13 at 1:36pmpost #538 of 22058/26/13 at 10:01pmQuote:
I really don’t know why some people do hate on HD700.
Edited by pdrm360 - 8/27/13 at 10:13ampost #539 of 22058/27/13 at 6:56am
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Sennheiser HD598 Amazon Black Friday deal $99.99! 35 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 47 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Moving from speakers to headphones. Not easy to be an audiophile... 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 5 minutes ago
- › Wyred4Sound Dac-2 7 minutes ago
- › Black Friday Deals for Audiophiles 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 rev1 + Leather Headband 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Guarding oneself against insurance fraud
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3