to put it in a few words the HD700 sounds like a brighter more refined HD598.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 4/10/15 at 12:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 36post #526 of 35877/29/13 at 7:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #527 of 35878/1/13 at 10:48am
Hi Folks, I drive my HD700 by a Fiio E07k and never use more than 40% of the volume. Actually 40% volume is too loud. I'm satisfied of my HD700’s SQ but I’ve never used a high-end Amp to drive it.
Does anyone have experience of driving a HD700 by an E17 or E07? Should I expect a better SQ if I use a better Amp?
Edited by pdrm360 - 8/1/13 at 11:53ampost #528 of 35878/1/13 at 11:19ampost #529 of 35878/1/13 at 11:20amQuote:
I agree with you, I found it definitely an upgrade from HD598. I don’t think HD650 or HD600 are a good upgrade from HD598.post #530 of 35878/1/13 at 2:52pmQuote:
Yep, it's more of a trade off than a solid upgrade really when moving to the HD650, soundstage airyness and width or soundstage accuracy and overall refinement and detail.post #531 of 35878/2/13 at 4:00amQuote:
I have an HD555 with the 555-595(8) mod that I've listened to quite a bit. When I got my HD580 (same drivers as the HD600) I thought they blew my 555's out of the water in every way. I haven't heard the HD700, but I disagree that the HD600 isn't a good upgrade from the 598.post #532 of 35878/2/13 at 4:02ampost #533 of 35878/2/13 at 5:04am
I think streetdragon & pdrm360 meant that the hd700 are more in the original spirit of the hd598, taking a particular presentation , and improving the sound quality. Hence if you love the hd598 , it would be more logical to update to the hd700, rather than the hd600.
Similarly, I felt that the hd800 is a kind of "mega hd595", somehow relaxed presentation , but improved in sound quality.
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 8/2/13 at 5:41ampost #534 of 35878/5/13 at 9:49pm
it's fun to see the difference of opinion among user of hd800 and the rest of senn hd.
For me, I never get to enjoy hd800 at all, even after mod, change cable, change amp you name it. it just doesn't sound right especially mid and lower bass freq. I listen to all types and genre except classical.
I just came back from headphone festival in singapore, and I try again those headphones I sold away with CLAS + RX3B combo that I enjoy with my HD600. Well, I come back to the same conclusion. To me, HD800 is still the worse I have audited :p
I have try HD600, HD650, HD700, HD800, T1, top end open back shure (forgot the model), fostex 900, I find HD700 still better.post #535 of 35878/23/13 at 10:16pmpost #536 of 35878/23/13 at 10:38pmpost #537 of 35878/26/13 at 1:36pmpost #538 of 35878/26/13 at 10:01pmQuote:
I really don’t know why some people do hate on HD700.
Edited by pdrm360 - 8/27/13 at 10:13ampost #539 of 35878/27/13 at 6:56am
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Three Word Story 50 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 4 minutes ago
- › Where to buy T1 replacement ear pads 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2