Looks like my HD700s should be here today...really hoping it shares a similar sound sig to the HD800s...can't wait to compare it to my other phones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 11/12/16 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 218post #3256 of 71284/1/15 at 7:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3257 of 71284/1/15 at 8:36am
I've been looking at HD700, HE-560, EL-8. Mainly listen to electronic music, but am not a bass, I actually like neutral sound. HD700 is much cheaper than the other two for me, which would you recommend for electronic?post #3258 of 71284/1/15 at 8:38amQuote:
Ha! We're getting ours on the same day.post #3259 of 71284/1/15 at 8:42ampost #3260 of 71284/1/15 at 9:01amQuote:
I will get mine sometime in the next five hours...and you already have far better headphones than I...so yes, you win.post #3261 of 71284/1/15 at 9:39am
My personal experience with the HD700 is that if I had gone by my first impressions, first week impressions, first 2 week impressions, I would have sold them. At this point, I am happy I have not. They sound so dynamic and although just a touch brighter than I typically prefer, they have grown on me. Only one can remain, EL8 or HD700... EL8 being delivered on Monday.post #3262 of 71284/1/15 at 10:13ampost #3263 of 71284/1/15 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by caracara08
My personal experience with the HD700 is that if I had gone by my first impressions, first week impressions, first 2 week impressions, I would have sold them. At this point, I am happy I have not. They sound so dynamic and although just a touch brighter than I typically prefer, they have grown on me. Only one can remain, EL8 or HD700... EL8 being delivered on Monday.
So do you think it was brain burn-in, mechanical burn-in, or just being able to hear it with more music?
Got it! Gonna listen for awhile, then post impressions.post #3264 of 71284/1/15 at 11:53amQuote:
Brain. Giving myself time to get used to the signature. My long time headphone was the HD650 so the signatures were very different. After the month and giving myself time to get used to the HD700, I sold the HD650 because I felt they just werent compatible. I am sure if I went back to the HD650 and gave it time, I would get used to that sound as well.
That is also why I typically no longer take "first impressions" from posters very seriously.post #3265 of 71284/1/15 at 12:02pm
Strongly agree, had the same experience coming from another warmer hp and the HD700 sounded so boring at the beginning.
The smart thing is to get used to the most comfortable headphone you can find, the brain won't help much with that :Ppost #3266 of 71284/1/15 at 12:06pm
Same here...right now I just have it connected to an AudioEngine D1...probably not the best match for the Senns, and right now they're sounding really thin. I'm pretty confident that once I introduce them to the Meier stack, that'll change. I'm expecting a pretty significant difference.post #3267 of 71284/1/15 at 12:48pmQuote:
I would get the HD700 if its "much" cheaper than the HE-560 and EL8. Just remember that the HD-700 is on the bright side so pair it with a warm amp (I use a Project Ember with Bugle Boy tube or Lyr2 with Mullards) to keep the highs from becoming harsh, also, the HD-700 is the most comfortable of the three. I don't have much electronic music but do have some EDM/techno if that's considered the same.
The HE-560 presents a more balanced/neutral sound than the HD-700 and works better for a wider range of music and is less sensitive to different amps.
The EL8 that I have is open back and its a strange headphone in that it doesn't scale much, sound great out of my Galaxy S5 and Fiio X1 or X3. It doesn't have highs like the HD-700 and HE-560 and its a little to mellow for dance/techno to me.
Hope this helpspost #3268 of 71284/1/15 at 12:58pmpost #3269 of 71284/1/15 at 1:16pmpost #3270 of 71284/1/15 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Focker
Same here...right now I just have it connected to an AudioEngine D1...probably not the best match for the Senns, and right now they're sounding really thin. I'm pretty confident that once I introduce them to the Meier stack, that'll change. I'm expecting a pretty significant difference.
I'm interested in what the HD-700's sound like with the Meier stack? A few months ago I was visiting my friend on the big island and heard his HE-560 out of a Meier daccord/corda classic and the sound didn't impress much compared to my HE-560 paired with my Project Ember (Telefunken tube) and Teac UD-301 DAC. The HE-560 from my setup was so much more dynamic, bass going lower with body, highs extend and smooth, mids just right. He came to visit last week and also noticed the difference so he was going to sell his Meier gear and get the same setup as me.
Since he is going to sell his Meier gear cheap ($300) I was wondering if it would go with the HD-700 or some of my other headphones?
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 3 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 54 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Something new from Earsonics, the Earsonics ES3 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear