Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 140

post #2086 of 2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflowerz View Post
 

Hello all

 

I caved and got the HD700 new from Amazon. Currently listening to them and find them very smooth, no fatiguing treble or harsh "ssss" as of yet. I like the sound.

 

However, the build is a little poor considering the price. I've already slightly dented the grill on one cup as I was trying to get it on my head. The grills scuff and dent too easily. The build quality is not up to scratch compared with Ultrasone and Beyerdynamic.

 

Apart from that, enjoying these thus far and will run them in for a while.

 

You just have to be a bit more delicate with them!  Mine are still mint. They are a precision instrument, not something to manhandle...

post #2087 of 2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingreason View Post
 

 

You just have to be a bit more delicate with them!  Mine are still mint. They are a precision instrument, not something to manhandle...

 

All I did was try to put them on my head; I lost control with one hand and my fingernail hit the grill. I can actually see the grills easily becoming dented with any slight knock, even a pencil could be damaging. Such a shame really since spending so much money the last thing I want to worry about is handling my headphones with white latex gloves and bubble wrap (obviously I'm exaggerating here but you get my point).

 

I'm kind of tempted to return them, and then buy them again (later) just so I can have it all mint again.

post #2088 of 2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflowerz View Post

 

 

I'm kind of tempted to return them, and then buy them again (later) just so I can have it all mint again.

 

Why should the reseller or next customer in line be responsible for your mistake?

post #2089 of 2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
 

 

Why should the reseller or next customer in line be responsible for your mistake?


Okay Okay Hodgiy, I won't do it.

 

Just for your info, Amazon would resell it at a discounted cost under the Warehouse deals so the "next in line" would be making a saving from my "mistake".

post #2090 of 2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflowerz View Post
 


Okay Okay Hodgiy, I won't do it.

 

Just for your info, Amazon would resell it at a discounted cost under the Warehouse deals so the "next in line" would be making a saving from my "mistake".

 

But then Amazon doesn't make as much money through no fault of their own.

post #2091 of 2094
Pull the ear cup foam out and massage the metal mesh screen back to shape. Other than appearance, it doesn't change anything.
post #2092 of 2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
 

 

But then Amazon doesn't make as much money through no fault of their own.

 

I'm sure they will survive and continue with their healthy turnover come end of the year...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Pull the ear cup foam out and massage the metal mesh screen back to shape. Other than appearance, it doesn't change anything.

 

Sure this won't avoid warranty? I'll search for some dismantling instructions after dinner. Cheers.

post #2093 of 2094
I don't know actually. Makes me wonder if changing ear pads does. But all you need to do is pinch the ear cup foam and pull it out. Very simple.
post #2094 of 2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflowerz View Post
 

 

I'm sure they will survive and continue with their healthy turnover come end of the year...

 

 

Sure this won't avoid warranty? I'll search for some dismantling instructions after dinner. Cheers.

Plus if they have trouble selling them they can always inflate the prices of another product and make their money back, I would not worry, if they take them back and resell them good for them. Customer comes first in those situations usually. Also, I would probably be one of those people who would buy it for cheaper due to having hard time affording higher gear. I am okay with that, any comparisons on how they sound compared to other headphones you owned? I was thinking about sell some of my headphones and getting the HE-560 or these....but now I am selling my gear to fix my car, alas...life

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread