I'm using the HD600 and I love them. Down the line however, when I have the cash for an upgrade, I'm really curious, how do these handle prog rock? I've heard the HD700 has a Grado sound to them in a way. I've seen a few reviews, but I'd like more opinions.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 8/1/13 at 3:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 305110/16/12 at 6:26pmpost #183 of 305110/16/12 at 8:12pm
I had Arcam rDAC for a while and fed the Schiit Lyr. As much as I wanted to love the rDAC, I found it too bright and endned up returning it. I found the Audioengine D1 much smoother with better lower extension. I'm thinking of picking up an Asgard for a second setup and pair it with the D1 or Dragonfly.post #184 of 305110/16/12 at 8:16pm
Really? Have you spent some time with them or just going off the graphs? I hate Grados (owned 2 sets) and absolutely love the HD700s. I find them smooth with great extension and superb bass. You really need to spend some time to appreciate them.Quote:Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi
The hd700 have lot of treble peaks:
- it can be fatiguing, and even induce trinnitus for some people
- it can give a fake sense of "more" details
- treble can sound harsh
- can still sound more "exciting" on some tracks, and depending of people taste
- so much treble peaks as such price, is a blasphemy for some.
That's surprising when you compare with the very smooth treble of hd800.
If you enjoy treble peaks, it seems you can spend less on other headphones, such like grados.post #185 of 305110/16/12 at 8:44pmpost #186 of 305110/16/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
I was just explaining the bashing trend, mostly based on graph I admit. I only heard the hd800.
Here's a brutal review of hd700 based on listening & graph:
http://www.bestheadphonesguide.com/2012/06/hd700-review/post #187 of 305110/16/12 at 11:25pmpost #188 of 305110/17/12 at 1:11ampost #189 of 305110/17/12 at 4:50ampost #190 of 305110/17/12 at 5:14ampost #191 of 305110/17/12 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
I had Arcam rDAC for a while and fed the Schiit Lyr. As much as I wanted to love the rDAC, I found it too bright and endned up returning it. I found the Audioengine D1 much smoother with better lower extension. I'm thinking of picking up an Asgard for a second setup and pair it with the D1 or Dragonfly.
Just ordered the Peachtree Dac it, thanks for the tip on the Arcam!post #192 of 305110/18/12 at 1:47pmpost #193 of 305110/18/12 at 2:50pm
This reminds me digitalversus that bashed the senn IE7/IE8 despite positive reviews everywhere else.
Digitalversus stated later in their french forum, that sennheiser contacted them, and told them , they might have got models from a defective batch.
It might be the same thing that happened with the hd700.
I think it's the job of sennheiser , to ensure that they are not sending to review, a flawed model.
Unless sennheiser wanted to stop the bad publicity asap, and reacted by correcting silently the hd700.
Frankly when I compare the measurements of the hd800 , to hd700 at innerfidelity , it seems the only true gap, is the THD measurements.post #194 of 305110/18/12 at 8:16pm
Here's the link - http://www.headfonia.com/ls-take-on-the-sennheiser-hd700/post #195 of 305110/21/12 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by prepromanQuote:
No point? Well, I think it is. All my amps are balanced. Also my preference. Both sounds good to me.
How about hard wiring?
Well yeah, you can hardwire it. More power to you.
I didn't mean balanced, I meant that cables can't make a massive difference in the sound.
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › I love minidisc - is that weird? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 1 v2.0 great condition and low use 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2