I'm using the HD600 and I love them. Down the line however, when I have the cash for an upgrade, I'm really curious, how do these handle prog rock? I've heard the HD700 has a Grado sound to them in a way. I've seen a few reviews, but I'd like more opinions.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 4/10/15 at 12:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 394310/16/12 at 6:26pmpost #183 of 394310/16/12 at 8:12pm
I had Arcam rDAC for a while and fed the Schiit Lyr. As much as I wanted to love the rDAC, I found it too bright and endned up returning it. I found the Audioengine D1 much smoother with better lower extension. I'm thinking of picking up an Asgard for a second setup and pair it with the D1 or Dragonfly.post #184 of 394310/16/12 at 8:16pm
Really? Have you spent some time with them or just going off the graphs? I hate Grados (owned 2 sets) and absolutely love the HD700s. I find them smooth with great extension and superb bass. You really need to spend some time to appreciate them.Quote:Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi
The hd700 have lot of treble peaks:
- it can be fatiguing, and even induce trinnitus for some people
- it can give a fake sense of "more" details
- treble can sound harsh
- can still sound more "exciting" on some tracks, and depending of people taste
- so much treble peaks as such price, is a blasphemy for some.
That's surprising when you compare with the very smooth treble of hd800.
If you enjoy treble peaks, it seems you can spend less on other headphones, such like grados.post #185 of 394310/16/12 at 8:44pmpost #186 of 394310/16/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
I was just explaining the bashing trend, mostly based on graph I admit. I only heard the hd800.
Here's a brutal review of hd700 based on listening & graph:
http://www.bestheadphonesguide.com/2012/06/hd700-review/post #187 of 394310/16/12 at 11:25pmpost #188 of 394310/17/12 at 1:11ampost #189 of 394310/17/12 at 4:50ampost #190 of 394310/17/12 at 5:14ampost #191 of 394310/17/12 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
I had Arcam rDAC for a while and fed the Schiit Lyr. As much as I wanted to love the rDAC, I found it too bright and endned up returning it. I found the Audioengine D1 much smoother with better lower extension. I'm thinking of picking up an Asgard for a second setup and pair it with the D1 or Dragonfly.
Just ordered the Peachtree Dac it, thanks for the tip on the Arcam!post #192 of 394310/18/12 at 1:47pmpost #193 of 394310/18/12 at 2:50pm
This reminds me digitalversus that bashed the senn IE7/IE8 despite positive reviews everywhere else.
Digitalversus stated later in their french forum, that sennheiser contacted them, and told them , they might have got models from a defective batch.
It might be the same thing that happened with the hd700.
I think it's the job of sennheiser , to ensure that they are not sending to review, a flawed model.
Unless sennheiser wanted to stop the bad publicity asap, and reacted by correcting silently the hd700.
Frankly when I compare the measurements of the hd800 , to hd700 at innerfidelity , it seems the only true gap, is the THD measurements.post #194 of 394310/18/12 at 8:16pm
Here's the link - http://www.headfonia.com/ls-take-on-the-sennheiser-hd700/post #195 of 394310/21/12 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by prepromanQuote:
No point? Well, I think it is. All my amps are balanced. Also my preference. Both sounds good to me.
How about hard wiring?
Well yeah, you can hardwire it. More power to you.
I didn't mean balanced, I meant that cables can't make a massive difference in the sound.
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The Vero Revolutionary Headphone Cabling System by MIT 29 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok vs Violectric V281 vs Bakoon HPA-21 1 minute ago
- › BlueTooth Sports In-Ears Recommendations 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allocation of $1k+ Budget b/w Headphones, Amp, and DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand + Appreciation 8 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2