I'm using the HD600 and I love them. Down the line however, when I have the cash for an upgrade, I'm really curious, how do these handle prog rock? I've heard the HD700 has a Grado sound to them in a way. I've seen a few reviews, but I'd like more opinions.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 5/27/14 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 8/1/13 at 3:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 198810/16/12 at 6:26pmpost #183 of 198810/16/12 at 8:12pm
I had Arcam rDAC for a while and fed the Schiit Lyr. As much as I wanted to love the rDAC, I found it too bright and endned up returning it. I found the Audioengine D1 much smoother with better lower extension. I'm thinking of picking up an Asgard for a second setup and pair it with the D1 or Dragonfly.post #184 of 198810/16/12 at 8:16pm
Really? Have you spent some time with them or just going off the graphs? I hate Grados (owned 2 sets) and absolutely love the HD700s. I find them smooth with great extension and superb bass. You really need to spend some time to appreciate them.Quote:Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi
The hd700 have lot of treble peaks:
- it can be fatiguing, and even induce trinnitus for some people
- it can give a fake sense of "more" details
- treble can sound harsh
- can still sound more "exciting" on some tracks, and depending of people taste
- so much treble peaks as such price, is a blasphemy for some.
That's surprising when you compare with the very smooth treble of hd800.
If you enjoy treble peaks, it seems you can spend less on other headphones, such like grados.post #185 of 198810/16/12 at 8:44pmpost #186 of 198810/16/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
I was just explaining the bashing trend, mostly based on graph I admit. I only heard the hd800.
Here's a brutal review of hd700 based on listening & graph:
http://www.bestheadphonesguide.com/2012/06/hd700-review/post #187 of 198810/16/12 at 11:25pmpost #188 of 198810/17/12 at 1:11ampost #189 of 198810/17/12 at 4:50ampost #190 of 198810/17/12 at 5:14ampost #191 of 198810/17/12 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
I had Arcam rDAC for a while and fed the Schiit Lyr. As much as I wanted to love the rDAC, I found it too bright and endned up returning it. I found the Audioengine D1 much smoother with better lower extension. I'm thinking of picking up an Asgard for a second setup and pair it with the D1 or Dragonfly.
Just ordered the Peachtree Dac it, thanks for the tip on the Arcam!post #192 of 198810/18/12 at 1:47pmpost #193 of 198810/18/12 at 2:50pm
This reminds me digitalversus that bashed the senn IE7/IE8 despite positive reviews everywhere else.
Digitalversus stated later in their french forum, that sennheiser contacted them, and told them , they might have got models from a defective batch.
It might be the same thing that happened with the hd700.
I think it's the job of sennheiser , to ensure that they are not sending to review, a flawed model.
Unless sennheiser wanted to stop the bad publicity asap, and reacted by correcting silently the hd700.
Frankly when I compare the measurements of the hd800 , to hd700 at innerfidelity , it seems the only true gap, is the THD measurements.post #194 of 198810/18/12 at 8:16pm
Here's the link - http://www.headfonia.com/ls-take-on-the-sennheiser-hd700/post #195 of 198810/21/12 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by prepromanQuote:
No point? Well, I think it is. All my amps are balanced. Also my preference. Both sounds good to me.
How about hard wiring?
Well yeah, you can hardwire it. More power to you.
I didn't mean balanced, I meant that cables can't make a massive difference in the sound.
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Positional audio for new guys. 6 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 23 seconds ago
- › What equipment do I need to add to obtain maximum sound quality? 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 6 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 10 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-07-30 11 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)