I'm using the HD600 and I love them. Down the line however, when I have the cash for an upgrade, I'm really curious, how do these handle prog rock? I've heard the HD700 has a Grado sound to them in a way. I've seen a few reviews, but I'd like more opinions.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 4/10/15 at 12:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Grado SR80i Intro Thingy: I was wondering if I should even review the SR80i because Grado's e series cans came out not too long ago and I was thinking noone would heed my review 'cause the...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 366910/16/12 at 6:26pmpost #183 of 366910/16/12 at 8:12pm
I had Arcam rDAC for a while and fed the Schiit Lyr. As much as I wanted to love the rDAC, I found it too bright and endned up returning it. I found the Audioengine D1 much smoother with better lower extension. I'm thinking of picking up an Asgard for a second setup and pair it with the D1 or Dragonfly.post #184 of 366910/16/12 at 8:16pm
Really? Have you spent some time with them or just going off the graphs? I hate Grados (owned 2 sets) and absolutely love the HD700s. I find them smooth with great extension and superb bass. You really need to spend some time to appreciate them.Quote:Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi
The hd700 have lot of treble peaks:
- it can be fatiguing, and even induce trinnitus for some people
- it can give a fake sense of "more" details
- treble can sound harsh
- can still sound more "exciting" on some tracks, and depending of people taste
- so much treble peaks as such price, is a blasphemy for some.
That's surprising when you compare with the very smooth treble of hd800.
If you enjoy treble peaks, it seems you can spend less on other headphones, such like grados.post #185 of 366910/16/12 at 8:44pmpost #186 of 366910/16/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
I was just explaining the bashing trend, mostly based on graph I admit. I only heard the hd800.
Here's a brutal review of hd700 based on listening & graph:
http://www.bestheadphonesguide.com/2012/06/hd700-review/post #187 of 366910/16/12 at 11:25pmpost #188 of 366910/17/12 at 1:11ampost #189 of 366910/17/12 at 4:50ampost #190 of 366910/17/12 at 5:14ampost #191 of 366910/17/12 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
I had Arcam rDAC for a while and fed the Schiit Lyr. As much as I wanted to love the rDAC, I found it too bright and endned up returning it. I found the Audioengine D1 much smoother with better lower extension. I'm thinking of picking up an Asgard for a second setup and pair it with the D1 or Dragonfly.
Just ordered the Peachtree Dac it, thanks for the tip on the Arcam!post #192 of 366910/18/12 at 1:47pmpost #193 of 366910/18/12 at 2:50pm
This reminds me digitalversus that bashed the senn IE7/IE8 despite positive reviews everywhere else.
Digitalversus stated later in their french forum, that sennheiser contacted them, and told them , they might have got models from a defective batch.
It might be the same thing that happened with the hd700.
I think it's the job of sennheiser , to ensure that they are not sending to review, a flawed model.
Unless sennheiser wanted to stop the bad publicity asap, and reacted by correcting silently the hd700.
Frankly when I compare the measurements of the hd800 , to hd700 at innerfidelity , it seems the only true gap, is the THD measurements.post #194 of 366910/18/12 at 8:16pm
Here's the link - http://www.headfonia.com/ls-take-on-the-sennheiser-hd700/post #195 of 366910/21/12 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by prepromanQuote:
No point? Well, I think it is. All my amps are balanced. Also my preference. Both sounds good to me.
How about hard wiring?
Well yeah, you can hardwire it. More power to you.
I didn't mean balanced, I meant that cables can't make a massive difference in the sound.
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › IEM Advice - ~$60 9 seconds ago
- › Bluedio UFO 8 Drivers Bluetooth Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2