I'm using the HD600 and I love them. Down the line however, when I have the cash for an upgrade, I'm really curious, how do these handle prog rock? I've heard the HD700 has a Grado sound to them in a way. I've seen a few reviews, but I'd like more opinions.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 11/12/16 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 12/28/16 at 6:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 768010/16/12 at 6:26pmpost #183 of 768010/16/12 at 8:12pm
I had Arcam rDAC for a while and fed the Schiit Lyr. As much as I wanted to love the rDAC, I found it too bright and endned up returning it. I found the Audioengine D1 much smoother with better lower extension. I'm thinking of picking up an Asgard for a second setup and pair it with the D1 or Dragonfly.post #184 of 768010/16/12 at 8:16pm
Really? Have you spent some time with them or just going off the graphs? I hate Grados (owned 2 sets) and absolutely love the HD700s. I find them smooth with great extension and superb bass. You really need to spend some time to appreciate them.Quote:Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi
The hd700 have lot of treble peaks:
- it can be fatiguing, and even induce trinnitus for some people
- it can give a fake sense of "more" details
- treble can sound harsh
- can still sound more "exciting" on some tracks, and depending of people taste
- so much treble peaks as such price, is a blasphemy for some.
That's surprising when you compare with the very smooth treble of hd800.
If you enjoy treble peaks, it seems you can spend less on other headphones, such like grados.post #185 of 768010/16/12 at 8:44pmpost #186 of 768010/16/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
I was just explaining the bashing trend, mostly based on graph I admit. I only heard the hd800.
Here's a brutal review of hd700 based on listening & graph:
http://www.bestheadphonesguide.com/2012/06/hd700-review/post #187 of 768010/16/12 at 11:25pmpost #188 of 768010/17/12 at 1:11ampost #189 of 768010/17/12 at 4:50ampost #190 of 768010/17/12 at 5:14ampost #191 of 768010/17/12 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
I had Arcam rDAC for a while and fed the Schiit Lyr. As much as I wanted to love the rDAC, I found it too bright and endned up returning it. I found the Audioengine D1 much smoother with better lower extension. I'm thinking of picking up an Asgard for a second setup and pair it with the D1 or Dragonfly.
Just ordered the Peachtree Dac it, thanks for the tip on the Arcam!post #192 of 768010/18/12 at 1:47pmpost #193 of 768010/18/12 at 2:50pm
This reminds me digitalversus that bashed the senn IE7/IE8 despite positive reviews everywhere else.
Digitalversus stated later in their french forum, that sennheiser contacted them, and told them , they might have got models from a defective batch.
It might be the same thing that happened with the hd700.
I think it's the job of sennheiser , to ensure that they are not sending to review, a flawed model.
Unless sennheiser wanted to stop the bad publicity asap, and reacted by correcting silently the hd700.
Frankly when I compare the measurements of the hd800 , to hd700 at innerfidelity , it seems the only true gap, is the THD measurements.post #194 of 768010/18/12 at 8:16pm
Here's the link - http://www.headfonia.com/ls-take-on-the-sennheiser-hd700/post #195 of 768010/21/12 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by prepromanQuote:
No point? Well, I think it is. All my amps are balanced. Also my preference. Both sounds good to me.
How about hard wiring?
Well yeah, you can hardwire it. More power to you.
I didn't mean balanced, I meant that cables can't make a massive difference in the sound.
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hungry for a taste of better sound, sub-$100 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › Got the Blues? 2 minutes ago
- › iTunes playback settings (please help me understand this once and... 2 minutes ago
- › B&O Beoplay H4 announced 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Benchmark DAC3 HGC (w/ ESS Sabre 9028PRO) 4 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear