Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 11

post #151 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

hmm question: in general are cheap headphones or expensive headphones more durable?

 

Well you really have to have both HD700 and HD800 in front of you to judge, I found HD800 lot sturdy and well built than HD700, so in this case higher priced headphone will probably more durable.  Keep in mind that HD700 is pretty new headphone, we will have to wait before seeing any failure reports.

 

As for HD800, there is a problem with the grey paint gradually starts to chip away, or aka "Paint Chipping Problem".

 

In Canada, HD800 $1599, HD700 $1199, $400 differences.  Based on that price I am not so sure HD700 will sell a lot.

post #152 of 1988

By the way guys, I went to Bay Bloor Radio they have both HD700 and HD800 demo headphones.

And left driver of HD700 failed but HD800 is still working :) 

post #153 of 1988

hmm... $30 HD202 vs $1500 HD800?
HD202 is built quite like a tank from my personal experience:p

post #154 of 1988

Hope I have better luck. I bought my HD700 from Bay Bloor Radio. eek.gif

We'll see about the durability thing. I love mine and use the daily but do already have a bump on the mesh on the outside of the right driver.  Disappointing because  I really baby them.

 

I do have to say that my $200 vModa M80, from a quality and sturdiness perspective, completely blow away the HD700.

Absolutely love the sound and fit of the HD700. From that perspective, it's the best headphone that I've owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

By the way guys, I went to Bay Bloor Radio they have both HD700 and HD800 demo headphones.

And left driver of HD700 failed but HD800 is still working :) 


Edited by MickeyVee - 9/15/12 at 7:17am
post #155 of 1988

I'd take the Ultrasone Pro 2900..  I'd smash it against the HD700....

 

And I dont think the HD700 will survive.

 

I think I'll be able todo that with the ATH M50s as well..  LOL.

post #156 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post

 but do already have a bump on the mesh on the outside of the right driver. 

If you pull the pad and cup foam off you'll see the mesh is right there.  Push, massage, work it back out.  But maybe use an absolutely clean hand or a cloth between your finger and the mesh, I think it soaks in oils really easy.  Could be my imagination, but I think it's happened on both the 800 and 700 of mine.  A super slight discoloration.

 

 

 

 

Unless you mean the mesh in the center, the 3/4" circle?  Neither will matter, really.

post #157 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post

Hope I have better luck. I bought my HD700 from Bay Bloor Radio. eek.gif

We'll see about the durability thing. I love mine and use the daily but do already have a bump on the mesh on the outside of the right driver.  Disappointing because  I really baby them.

 

I do have to say that my $200 vModa M80, from a quality and sturdiness perspective, completely blow away the HD700.

Absolutely love the sound and fit of the HD700. From that perspective, it's the best headphone that I've owned.

 

I think Bay Bloor Rario gives you good warranty so you should be fine :)

 

I usually don't buy from Bay Bloor Radio cause it's overpriced, same item can be purchased for a couple of hundred dollars less at other GTA local stores. :) I mainly go there to test headphones..

post #158 of 1988

Sweet, thanks! That worked.

BTW.. when you have red rubber, mine black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

If you pull the pad and cup foam off you'll see the mesh is right there.  Push, massage, work it back out.  But maybe use an absolutely clean hand or a cloth between your finger and the mesh, I think it soaks in oils really easy.  Could be my imagination, but I think it's happened on both the 800 and 700 of mine.  A super slight discoloration.

 

 

 

 

Unless you mean the mesh in the center, the 3/4" circle?  Neither will matter, really.

post #159 of 1988

Actually, I didn't pay even close to list at BBR plus when it didn't come with a 1/4-1/8 adaptor, they took care of that. I've been dealing with the same guy for 15 years, even before he was at BBR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

 

I think Bay Bloor Rario gives you good warranty so you should be fine :)

 

I usually don't buy from Bay Bloor Radio cause it's overpriced, same item can be purchased for a couple of hundred dollars less at other GTA local stores. :) I mainly go there to test headphones..

post #160 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post

Sweet, thanks! That worked.

BTW.. when you have red rubber, mine black.

Good.

 

I added red Creatology foam to mine.  I like what it did to my HD 800s (the Anax mod), so I tried it with these also.

post #161 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Good.

 

I added red Creatology foam to mine.  I like what it did to my HD 800s (the Anax mod), so I tried it with these also.

Could you add some details as to how the mod has affected the sound - specifically on your 700's? :)

post #162 of 1988

I am aware that the HD700 has some great features: warmth, imaging, soundstage...

 

However I have heard that the FR is extremely unnatural and steely. Can someone clarify this? 

post #163 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysan View Post

Could you add some details as to how the mod has affected the sound - specifically on your 700's? :)

Sure, but it's gonna be brief! 

 

Knocked down the sibilance a bit.  Noticeable, but not drastic.  Same overall character remains.

 

The end.  

 

I was trying to replicate the Anax mod for the HD 800s.

post #164 of 1988
Had a really good listening session yesterday with the Asus E1 I swapped out the stock (LM49990) opamps and really like the additional detailed sound. I am really enjoying my HD700 thoroughly along with Rush new ClockWork Angels album.
Edited by Dionysus - 9/16/12 at 11:50am
post #165 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

I am aware that the HD700 has some great features: warmth, imaging, soundstage...

 

However I have heard that the FR is extremely unnatural and steely. Can someone clarify this? 

Hello?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread