or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 80

post #1186 of 7115
Sennheiser should put steel on that part.

I feel the sound of 700 is great, some said it's treble is too bright and not nature. Any compare with hd800 here?
post #1187 of 7115
Quote:
Originally Posted by truelies View Post

Sennheiser should put steel on that part.

I feel the sound of 700 is great, some said it's treble is too bright and not nature. Any compare with hd800 here?
I'll let someone who currently owns both answer, but I've never had any treble issues with the HD700. It seems very dependent on the person. Comparing the stock sounds, the HD800 has an overall brighter signature to me.
post #1188 of 7115

^^ The HD800s are brighter but they also have smoother and cleaner highs, the HD700s have more grainy trebles, IMO.


Edited by pdrm360 - 1/21/14 at 9:04am
post #1189 of 7115
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

^^ The HD800s are brighter but they also have smoother and cleaner highs, the HD700s have more grainy trebles, IMO.


Was listening to Kathleen Battle's album "Grace" this morning on with HD700s and if there was to be any grain to be heard in the treble this recording would have revealed it, but the the extension and purity of her voice hitting those high extended notes was just silky smooth and sublime.

 


Edited by Rob80b - 1/21/14 at 9:14am
post #1190 of 7115
I listen 'jazz at pawnshop', the treble is really beautiful.
post #1191 of 7115
Quote:
Originally Posted by truelies View Post

Sennheiser should put steel on that part.

 

Aluminium would have been nice and the screens can be dented very easily so duribility could be an issue over time.

post #1192 of 7115
I had a huge dent in one of mine. Like, whoa that's bad. Little inner and outer massage job brought it back to 95%. My 800s have been massaged back a few times, too. I gotta stop throwing all my stuff in a bag I guess. Maybe use those boxes they came in…
post #1193 of 7115
But that box is huge.
post #1194 of 7115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

I had a huge dent in one of mine. Like, whoa that's bad. Little inner and outer massage job brought it back to 95%. My 800s have been massaged back a few times, too. I gotta stop throwing all my stuff in a bag I guess. Maybe use those boxes they came in…

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by truelies View Post

But that box is huge.


Someone posted this up a handful of pages back.  Apparently, it fits the HD700 pretty dang good.  I saved it in case I decide I want to start bringing mine to the office one day or something.

http://www.amazon.com/Slappa-Sized-HardBody-Headphone-SL-HP-07/dp/B009NE7B06

post #1195 of 7115
I also found the sound of hd700 is very similar to my b&w 703 speaker.
post #1196 of 7115
I'm not sure where the treble criticism comes from. There was some slight sibilance at the beginning, but after 200 hours of burn in, everything sounds as great as the demo unit that originally made me swoon.
post #1197 of 7115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob80b View Post
 


Was listening to Kathleen Battle's album "Grace" this morning on with HD700s and if there was to be any grain to be heard in the treble this recording would have revealed it, but the the extension and purity of her voice hitting those high extended notes was just silky smooth and sublime.

 

It depends to the music genre, if you listen to Metallica's Black album then you will know what I'm talking about. 

post #1198 of 7115

I do like the HD700 for classical, new-age, jazz, acoustic and some rock music, but they're not good for some genres such as metal.  

post #1199 of 7115
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

 

It depends to the music genre, if you listen to Metallica's Black album then you will know what I'm talking about. 


Then it's the music not the phones as I did put a lot a lot of modern opera from Germany on from the likes of Rammstein. :D

post #1200 of 7115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob80b View Post
 


Then it's the music not the phones as I did put a lot a lot of modern opera from Germany on from the likes of Rammstein. :D

 

Guess what!  I found the HD700 is one of the best for Rammstein's Alter Mann, a lot better than the HD800 and HE-500. :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread