it depends on the PC's sound card, It's not very fine straight from my laptop.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 11/27/13 at 10:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 8/1/13 at 3:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread - Page 47post #691 of 163311/18/13 at 1:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 163311/18/13 at 2:33pm
Very true. I didn't even like mine much from the dragonfly, unless I put the dac on line-out and ran it to another amp. The Fiio E11 sounded a bit better than the built in amp in the dragonfly. I just received my centrance dacmini today, and boy did that make a difference with these things. Brought them right to life. I suspect that similar to the HD800s, these scale very well depending on source quality and amp quality. Maybe not quite as evident as the HD800s, but I noticed substantial differences running the HD700's between my laptop, rsa shadow (which is quite underpowered for the HD700's), Fiio E11, Dragonfly, and now the DacMini. I am looking forward to the next head-fi meet (but my wallet's not...) to try various DAC's and amps with these cans.post #693 of 163311/18/13 at 2:40pmpost #694 of 163311/19/13 at 11:35amQuote:
I agree, but sometimes I pair them with “Bifrost Uber > FiiO E12”, they’re magic too.post #695 of 163311/19/13 at 11:37amQuote:
Damn, that's what I wanted to hear ! My E12 should arrive this week. Sooo looking forward on sound difference.post #696 of 163311/19/13 at 11:45amQuote:
Let us know. They also have a good bass boost!post #697 of 163311/19/13 at 12:14pmpost #698 of 163311/19/13 at 12:22pm
That's pretty much what I wanted to know, lol.
I'm not upgrading from my uS until there is something similar sized under $400 that can come close to my favorite combo I've heard yet, my Asgaard and the Music Streamer HD, so I guess the HD700 is a ways off for me yet.
Quote:post #699 of 163311/19/13 at 12:33pm
Wow really? Maybe I should look into a portable amp to pair with the microstreamer...something with a bass boost would be nice, the uS is kinda wimpy.
Quote:post #700 of 163311/19/13 at 12:41pmpost #701 of 163311/19/13 at 12:51pmpost #702 of 163311/21/13 at 4:14ampost #703 of 163311/22/13 at 2:38pm
Man these are $649 right now.
I have the Bifrost + Lyr combo with HE-500s.
Trying to give myself reason not to buy these.
I know there are comparisons between the two but does anyone have an updated opinion between the HD700s and HE-500s.post #704 of 163311/22/13 at 4:57pmQuote:
FWIW: I started out with the HE-500, but decided I wanted to move up the ladder. So I got an HD-800. From the first moment I heard the HD800, I knew I would never listen to the HE-500 again. Now, I am looking for another phone for a secondary system and am auditioning the HD700 (as well as the Audeze X). The 700 comes pretty darn close to the clarity and soundstage I love in the HD800. And it is more comfortable. The HD700 is even giving the X a very strong challenge, and the X is much better than my memory of the 500. I almost didn't even bother with the HD700 because of all the bad noise out there. I'm glad I actually listened to it. Very pleasantly surprised.post #705 of 163311/22/13 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by JeffA
FWIW: I started out with the HE-500, but decided I wanted to move up the ladder. So I got an HD-800. From the first moment I heard the HD800, I knew I would never listen to the HE-500 again. Now, I am looking for another phone for a secondary system and am auditioning the HD700 (as well as the Audeze X). The 700 comes pretty darn close to the clarity and soundstage I love in the HD800. And it is more comfortable. The HD700 is even giving the X a very strong challenge, and the X is much better than my memory of the 500. I almost didn't even bother with the HD700 because of all the bad noise out there. I'm glad I actually listened to it. Very pleasantly surprised.
Thank you for your impressions.
I just picked up the HD700 for a total of $733 CAD brand new.
Is on sale at razordog for $649 but I would have to pay for shipping and customs.
Price matched at NCIX to avoid shipping costs and will pick up in store.
- Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
- › Need DAC Advice 30 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 53 seconds ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › PSOLD] Tralucent ORIGINAL 1Plus2 (Version 1) with 5N OCC SPC Custom... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob