to put it in a few words the HD700 sounds like a brighter more refined HD598.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 11/27/13 at 10:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 8/1/13 at 3:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread - Page 36post #526 of 14867/29/13 at 7:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #527 of 14868/1/13 at 10:48am
Hi Folks, I drive my HD700 by a Fiio E07k and never use more than 40% of the volume. Actually 40% volume is too loud. I'm satisfied of my HD700’s SQ but I’ve never used a high-end Amp to drive it.
Does anyone have experience of driving a HD700 by an E17 or E07? Should I expect a better SQ if I use a better Amp?
Edited by pdrm360 - 8/1/13 at 11:53ampost #528 of 14868/1/13 at 11:19ampost #529 of 14868/1/13 at 11:20amQuote:
I agree with you, I found it definitely an upgrade from HD598. I don’t think HD650 or HD600 are a good upgrade from HD598.post #530 of 14868/1/13 at 2:52pmQuote:
Yep, it's more of a trade off than a solid upgrade really when moving to the HD650, soundstage airyness and width or soundstage accuracy and overall refinement and detail.post #531 of 14868/2/13 at 4:00amQuote:
I have an HD555 with the 555-595(8) mod that I've listened to quite a bit. When I got my HD580 (same drivers as the HD600) I thought they blew my 555's out of the water in every way. I haven't heard the HD700, but I disagree that the HD600 isn't a good upgrade from the 598.post #532 of 14868/2/13 at 4:02ampost #533 of 14868/2/13 at 5:04am
I think streetdragon & pdrm360 meant that the hd700 are more in the original spirit of the hd598, taking a particular presentation , and improving the sound quality. Hence if you love the hd598 , it would be more logical to update to the hd700, rather than the hd600.
Similarly, I felt that the hd800 is a kind of "mega hd595", somehow relaxed presentation , but improved in sound quality.
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 8/2/13 at 5:41ampost #534 of 14868/5/13 at 9:49pm
it's fun to see the difference of opinion among user of hd800 and the rest of senn hd.
For me, I never get to enjoy hd800 at all, even after mod, change cable, change amp you name it. it just doesn't sound right especially mid and lower bass freq. I listen to all types and genre except classical.
I just came back from headphone festival in singapore, and I try again those headphones I sold away with CLAS + RX3B combo that I enjoy with my HD600. Well, I come back to the same conclusion. To me, HD800 is still the worse I have audited :p
I have try HD600, HD650, HD700, HD800, T1, top end open back shure (forgot the model), fostex 900, I find HD700 still better.post #535 of 14868/23/13 at 10:16pm
I finally got the HD700 in for review. Man, I like this headphone. Compared it to HD600 which I throughly enjoyed, but the HD700 is a whole another level big open sound. I'm buying one for sure! Now if I only had a Woo WA7 too. :Dpost #536 of 14868/23/13 at 10:38pmpost #537 of 14868/26/13 at 1:36pmpost #538 of 14868/26/13 at 10:01pmQuote:
I really don’t know why some people do hate on HD700.
Edited by pdrm360 - 8/27/13 at 10:13ampost #539 of 14868/27/13 at 6:56am
After you hear the HD-700 and go back to HD-600, it's a huge difference. I never thought the HD-600 as being veiled, but in comparison to HD-700, it does sound that way. I'm buying a pair of HD-700 for sure!
- Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 59 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Any albums where you love EVERY song 2 minutes ago
- › BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives) 2 minutes ago
- › CAL! 2 vs ATH-M50x 5 minutes ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 6 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 6 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude