Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 11/27/13 at 10:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 8/1/13 at 3:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread - Page 100
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1487 of 14883/8/14 at 11:51am
If you think the headphone is indeed harsh in the treble frequencies then you don't want silver in all likelihood. Personally I don't find the HD 700s harsh and could see using silver somewhere in the cable. I think you really have to spend some time with the stock cable which I think is all copper. I am actually trying out an OCC replacement cable available on ebay. I am not sure it represents any meaningful sonic improvement over stock. If anything is gained it is that the stock cable is somewhat thick and clumsy compared with the sleeker replacement.post #1488 of 14883/8/14 at 4:22pm
I've recently purchased a pair of HD 700 headphones for use with Graham Slee Solo SRGII with PSU1. My idea was to replace my HD 650s with Cardas cable and Bravo Ocean tube amplifier. While the sound stage and separation of the HD 700s is noticeably wider than the 650s I'm concerned about the treble peak. (I have moderate tinnitus which may affect my appreciation of these headphones and possibly my hearing range.) The treble peak (which I'm sure has been discussed) is experienced by me as boosting sibilance already in recordings such as Acrylic Afternoons by Pulp and various Lisa Stansfield tracks.
Instead of the lisping sibilance with the HD25-I II, the HD 700s emphasises 's' or 'z' sounds to the point where they can sound (to me at least) as a high pitched squeal and this quickly becomes fatiguing. I tried listening to Slow by Kylie Minogue which is known to be a slightly sibilant recording and the high pitched 's' was almost painful to listen to. This is sad as the HD 700s sound much more like my Stax SRS-2020 (used with my PC) electrostatic headphones and to me less veiled than my HD 650s. Incidentally, the sibilance is still revealed by the Stax headphones but isn't as prominent as the HD 700s. What is especially confusing is that my brother auditioned both the HD 650s and 700s to help me decide which to keep and recommended the 700s but wasn't bothered by the high pitched 's' especially with female singers.
I would be grateful for some advice - should I try a better valve amplifier with the HD 700s? Alternatively, I could sell both the Sennheisers with the amplifiers and get a Stax SRS-2170 or 3170.
- Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
- › love marriage vashikaran all+91-9001340118 40 seconds ago
- › how to remove black magic+91-9001340118 48 seconds ago
- › love vashikaran solution +91-9001340118 53 seconds ago
- › Magic of Spell Vashikaran+91-9001340118 56 seconds ago
- › vashikaran mantra for love back+91-9001340118 1 minute ago
- › Dunu 23-Landmine for sale 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser 558, akg 550-701, v-moda 100, beyerdynamic... 2 minutes ago
- › Madlib Headphone Identification 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude