I'm looking for a new good pair of full headphones. I just tried my friend's Beats by Dre Pro headphones recently. To me, they sounded pretty decent, and looked really cool and slick, but for this price ($400 ), they should've sounded much better. I've been looking around on different forums for better headphones in the $200 or less area, and there seems to be a lot of choices that are better than the trendy Beats.
I've been reading similar posts on this forum (yes I know there are a lot of them), but there are so many choices that I wanted to make my own post to narrow my search further.
Here's essentially what I'm looking for...
I want headphones that...
1) ...excel in Hip-Hop beats.
2) ...will have satisfying bass when listening to EDM or dubstep.
3) ...have detail that will show me sounds of songs I've never noticed with lower-level headphones.
4) ...still look somewhat slick, as I will be mostly using these from class-to-class at my college.
5) ...prevent too much sound leaking. I'm not quite sure if this is the same as noise-cancellation? I just don't want everyone around me aware of what I'm tuning in to.
EDIT: It may be worth noting that I am looking for some headphones that sound do sound really good, but honestly will only be used while plugged into an iPhone when I'm out and a laptop when I'm sitting at my computer.
I mostly want headphones that have a very good range, not necessarily HUGE bass, but decent bass. This is because I'm not a go-hard basshead, and that I've read a lot of headphones in the $130-$200 range that have good bass lack in highs and mids.
Edited by orphodoop - 5/31/12 at 11:50am