I thought of moving into something decent and start by buying my self a ATM-M50 and at first i was thinking of going with the HRT Music Streamer II but recently i read somewhere that it does not do good when it comes to music with really fast dynamics. I listen to a lot of Metal so now i am in doubt to go with the HRT. and few days back i came across the TubeMagic D2 DAC and its backed up by some good reviews. seems like it performs well for a DAC which costs around $200. so what do you guys think? it would be awesome if you guys could recommend me something nice below $200. currently im using an amp based on a single NE5532P and have plans to use it with the DAC im gonna buy and the M50 till i upgrade to something exciting in the future ( not anytime soon though) would be nice to get recommendations on good amps below $200 as well (additional $200 apart from what im hoping to pay for the DAC). thanks
- productAudio Poutine Objective2 Amptagged by System, 6/13/12
- productAudio Poutine ODACtagged by System, 6/13/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/2/12
- brandEmotivatagged by System, 6/13/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 6/2/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/13/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 6/13/12
- productMusical Fidelity V-DAC Upsampling Digital to Analog Audio Convertertagged by System, 6/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Questions about DAC for DT990 Last post on 12/7/12 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Whats a good amp/ usb DAC for DT990 pro 60ohms? Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:35pm in Computer Audio
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need help Last post on 9/23/12 at 6:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asgard + Which DAC? Need advice on decent pairing Last post on 8/22/12 at 3:28pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
BACKGROUND I enjoyed my Superlux HD-330 for several months. I always had a closed pair, an open pair, and earbuds at any given situation to cover all my needs – isolated listening, awareness of...
Best DAC under $200 ???post #1 of 255/31/12 at 3:08amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 255/31/12 at 1:20pm
check the first version of Musical Fidelity V-DAC. You can find very informative STEREOPHILE review,post #3 of 255/31/12 at 11:28pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by mimat777
check the first version of Musical Fidelity V-DAC. You can find very informative STEREOPHILE review,
Looks nice mate, i will read through right away...post #4 of 256/3/12 at 8:17pmpost #5 of 256/4/12 at 7:06amThread Starter
thanks dude, the ODAC is awesome. i realy like the combination between the O2 amp and the ODAC, specially whats offered by JDS labs.post #6 of 256/4/12 at 4:06pmpost #7 of 256/4/12 at 4:45pmThread Starterpost #8 of 256/4/12 at 6:34pmpost #9 of 256/4/12 at 6:42pmpost #10 of 256/4/12 at 7:32pmpost #11 of 256/5/12 at 1:35amThread StarterQuote:
yes but the enclosure, interface and output (3.5 mm/RCA) differs from each other some timespost #12 of 256/5/12 at 1:41ampost #13 of 256/9/12 at 5:32pmThread Starterpost #14 of 256/11/12 at 9:09pm
- Best DAC under $200 ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 26 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 58 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear