If you have to iMod the 5th Gen iPod, can you use the FIIO LOD instead of the iMod V2 copper 18?
- productALO Audio TP OCC x Silver iMod LODtagged by System, 6/1/12
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/1/12
- productFiiO L3 Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 6/1/12
- productFiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 6/1/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/1/12
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 6/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Is an expensive LOD necessary? Last post on 6/16/12 at 10:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Help me out, need some new headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 10:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Yesterday at 11:04 pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO E11 3.5mm Male Connector Help? Last post on 10/13/12 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Well my Fiio L3 crapped out, are more expensive line out's worth it? Last post on 9/25/12 at 5:54pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
- Hi End Cables
iMod V2 copper 18 and FIIO LOD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The only you can use the Fiio LOD if your AMPs has blackgate capicitors and if not then better go with iMod dock cable(has capicitors inside) because it will guarantee the best sound.
Yes, once you imod an ipod standard lods will not work, you need a special `for imods` lod.
Is my understanding.
Then of course you will also need a portable amp to plug the imod/lod into.
That cable is very good and much better than Fiio cables, it will improve the soundquality(copper cables widen the soundstage with punchy bass, crisp mids, and highs), BTW what AMPs you are using with your iMod? because it's highly depend on it in return(sound gain).
Edited by ZARIM - 5/31/12 at 12:09pm
- iMod V2 copper 18 and FIIO LOD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 28 seconds ago
- › Looking for 3.5mm Trrs balance cable to match with 1964 ears V8 and... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 2 minutes ago
- › Blue Murder Sale 2014 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob