If you have to iMod the 5th Gen iPod, can you use the FIIO LOD instead of the iMod V2 copper 18?
- productALO Audio TP OCC x Silver iMod LODtagged by System, 6/1/12
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/1/12
- productFiiO L3 Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 6/1/12
- productFiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 6/1/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/1/12
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 6/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Is an expensive LOD necessary? Last post on 6/16/12 at 10:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- 30GB iPod Video (5th generation) [please read details] Last post on 4/27/14 at 9:13am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Help me out, need some new headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 10:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Today at 5:22 pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO E11 3.5mm Male Connector Help? Last post on 10/13/12 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: Today
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
- Hi End Cables
iMod V2 copper 18 and FIIO LOD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The only you can use the Fiio LOD if your AMPs has blackgate capicitors and if not then better go with iMod dock cable(has capicitors inside) because it will guarantee the best sound.
Yes, once you imod an ipod standard lods will not work, you need a special `for imods` lod.
Is my understanding.
Then of course you will also need a portable amp to plug the imod/lod into.
That cable is very good and much better than Fiio cables, it will improve the soundquality(copper cables widen the soundstage with punchy bass, crisp mids, and highs), BTW what AMPs you are using with your iMod? because it's highly depend on it in return(sound gain).
Edited by ZARIM - 5/31/12 at 12:09pm
- iMod V2 copper 18 and FIIO LOD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 11 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio 20 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 56 seconds ago
- › Need help in planning speaker set-up. (New in speakers..) 2 minutes ago
- › What headphones have the strongest and relatively cleanest bass? 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-ZX310 sound? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2