If you have to iMod the 5th Gen iPod, can you use the FIIO LOD instead of the iMod V2 copper 18?
- productALO Audio TP OCC x Silver iMod LODtagged by System, 6/1/12
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/1/12
- productFiiO L3 Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 6/1/12
- productFiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 6/1/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/1/12
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 6/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Is an expensive LOD necessary? Last post on 6/16/12 at 10:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- 30GB iPod Video (5th generation) [please read details] Last post on 4/27/14 at 9:13am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Help me out, need some new headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 10:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO E11 3.5mm Male Connector Help? Last post on 10/13/12 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
- Hi End Cables
iMod V2 copper 18 and FIIO LOD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The only you can use the Fiio LOD if your AMPs has blackgate capicitors and if not then better go with iMod dock cable(has capicitors inside) because it will guarantee the best sound.
Yes, once you imod an ipod standard lods will not work, you need a special `for imods` lod.
Is my understanding.
Then of course you will also need a portable amp to plug the imod/lod into.
That cable is very good and much better than Fiio cables, it will improve the soundquality(copper cables widen the soundstage with punchy bass, crisp mids, and highs), BTW what AMPs you are using with your iMod? because it's highly depend on it in return(sound gain).
Edited by ZARIM - 5/31/12 at 12:09pm
- iMod V2 copper 18 and FIIO LOD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Stax SR-X MK3 Pro Extreme Rare 1 minute ago
- › Open back, over ear, ~$150 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › COMPARISON / REVIEW: A tale of two flagships (part deux) –... 5 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 5 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)