If you have to iMod the 5th Gen iPod, can you use the FIIO LOD instead of the iMod V2 copper 18?
- productALO Audio TP OCC x Silver iMod LODtagged by System, 6/1/12
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/1/12
- productFiiO L3 Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 6/1/12
- productFiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 6/1/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/1/12
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 6/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Is an expensive LOD necessary? Last post on 6/16/12 at 10:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- 30GB iPod Video (5th generation) [please read details] Last post on 4/27/14 at 9:13am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Help me out, need some new headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 10:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Today at 7:42 pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO E11 3.5mm Male Connector Help? Last post on 10/13/12 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share if it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
- Hi End Cables
iMod V2 copper 18 and FIIO LOD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The only you can use the Fiio LOD if your AMPs has blackgate capicitors and if not then better go with iMod dock cable(has capicitors inside) because it will guarantee the best sound.
Yes, once you imod an ipod standard lods will not work, you need a special `for imods` lod.
Is my understanding.
Then of course you will also need a portable amp to plug the imod/lod into.
That cable is very good and much better than Fiio cables, it will improve the soundquality(copper cables widen the soundstage with punchy bass, crisp mids, and highs), BTW what AMPs you are using with your iMod? because it's highly depend on it in return(sound gain).
Edited by ZARIM - 5/31/12 at 12:09pm
- iMod V2 copper 18 and FIIO LOD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 26 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 32 seconds ago
- › 598 vs 518 - The $100 difference really worth? (open to suggestions) 1 minute ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Bottle Head Crack 240V custom build 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)