If you have to iMod the 5th Gen iPod, can you use the FIIO LOD instead of the iMod V2 copper 18?
- productALO Audio TP OCC x Silver iMod LODtagged by System, 6/1/12
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/1/12
- productFiiO L3 Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 6/1/12
- productFiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhonetagged by System, 6/1/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/1/12
- productRed Wine Audio Super iMod 120GBtagged by System, 6/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Is an expensive LOD necessary? Last post on 6/16/12 at 10:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Help me out, need some new headphones Last post on 12/11/12 at 10:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Today at 8:54 pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO E11 3.5mm Male Connector Help? Last post on 10/13/12 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Well my Fiio L3 crapped out, are more expensive line out's worth it? Last post on 9/25/12 at 5:54pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
- Hi End Cables
iMod V2 copper 18 and FIIO LOD
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The only you can use the Fiio LOD if your AMPs has blackgate capicitors and if not then better go with iMod dock cable(has capicitors inside) because it will guarantee the best sound.
Yes, once you imod an ipod standard lods will not work, you need a special `for imods` lod.
Is my understanding.
Then of course you will also need a portable amp to plug the imod/lod into.
That cable is very good and much better than Fiio cables, it will improve the soundquality(copper cables widen the soundstage with punchy bass, crisp mids, and highs), BTW what AMPs you are using with your iMod? because it's highly depend on it in return(sound gain).
Edited by ZARIM - 5/31/12 at 12:09pm
- iMod V2 copper 18 and FIIO LOD
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 13 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 20 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 20 seconds ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 23 seconds ago
- › ~$100-$175 IEMs 32 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 40 seconds ago
- › Help With First Real Headphones! 1 minute ago
- › New HD 800 very different than the old HD 800 1 minute ago
- › Headphones recommendation for <$200 (more details inside) 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi