Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 4

post #46 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

If the cheapo FX40 is any indicator of the new Carbon Nanotubes and what JVC is doing with them. I am all about these. Can't wait. As much as I was impressed with the FX40 I hope these FXD80s will scale up nicely SQ per dollar. Fingers crossed. All signs point to catastrophic like proportions of awesomeness.!!  

Your enthusiasm is very infectious LOL.


Just so you know, Dsnuts, Master IEM reviewer |joker| has the FX40 in his "in progress" list and the Tt Isurus in his "planned" list. I just almost have a fit laughing at that.


Edited by jgray91 - 6/2/12 at 5:22pm
post #47 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekostas View Post

 

Yeah, cheap for you.  They're still $50 for us poor bastards to the north.


Sorry to hear that. Well maybe that is a good thing considering all of us have to import these FXD80s when they come out. You might as well skip the cheaper JVCs and go for these instead.. 

post #48 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

If the cheapo FX40 is any indicator of the new Carbon Nanotubes and what JVC is doing with them. I am all about these. Can't wait. As much as I was impressed with the FX40 I hope these FXD80s will scale up nicely SQ per dollar. Fingers crossed. All signs point to catastrophic like proportions of awesomeness.!!  

 

 

The FXT90 was the first to use the Carbon Nanotube technology as far as I know and that would be a better indicator of what the FXD80 would sound like imo.  The FXT90 hasn't been one of my IEM's that I really could get into but they're starting to grow on me more and more as of late.  They sound the best amp'ed with my E6 so I wonder if the FXD80 is going to be the same way because the FXT90 unamp'ed doesn't right to me.

post #49 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


Sorry to hear that. Well maybe that is a good thing considering all of us have to import these FXD80s when they come out. You might as well skip the cheaper JVCs and go for these instead.. 

 

Perhaps.  Until that time I'm rocking a pair of headphones that look like someone took the microdriver from an FXC80 Black Series and stuck it in an Atrio MG7 body.

post #50 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Your enthusiasm is very infectious LOL.


Just so you know, Dsnuts, Master IEM reviewer |joker| has the FX40 in his "in progress" list and the Tt Isurus in his "planned" list. I just almost have a fit laughing at that.


We will see how Joker sees them earphones. I just hope he burns them FX40s in for 100 hours before he reviews them. I might have to send him a message about the burn in time required for them to sound right.

 

In fact I am certain these FXD80s will require a big burn in also. Carbon Nanotubes need a good beat down to make them sound correct..


Edited by Dsnuts - 6/2/12 at 6:55pm
post #51 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

 

 

The FXT90 was the first to use the Carbon Nanotube technology as far as I know and that would be a better indicator of what the FXD80 would sound like imo.  The FXT90 hasn't been one of my IEM's that I really could get into but they're starting to grow on me more and more as of late.  They sound the best amp'ed with my E6 so I wonder if the FXD80 is going to be the same way because the FXT90 unamp'ed doesn't right to me.

To your ears, how does the E6 affect the sound? Just curious.

post #52 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaed View Post

To your ears, how does the E6 affect the sound? Just curious.

 

 

With the FXT90 it makes them sound much more cohesive and helps the imaging also.  When I listen to the unamp'ed they sounded cluttered and didn't seem like they had the same amount of detail.  It also helps them not sound so airy, now I like an airy presentation but the FXT90 sounded just to air but amp'ed it seems to even them out much more, they actually sound quaite good to me know.  

 

When I amp any of my IEM's the biggest thing to change is the soundstage and its always positive making them sound fuller with more width and depth.

post #53 of 1886
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

[/]

In fact I am certain these FXD80s will require a big burn in also. Carbon Nanotubes need a good beat down to make them sound correct..

 

That's a little counter-intuitive to me...

 

carbon nanotube kiteki.gif

post #54 of 1886

The FX40s needed at least a 100 hours of aggressive burn before they balanced out.  All jvcs I have ever heard all needed good burns before they sounded right. The FXC51, FX1X, FX40, FX101. I am sure these new FXD60-80s will also need an aggressive burn.

post #55 of 1886

Well they should be able to handle the volume and stress, I'll make a burn-in file with lots of noise up to 96kHz.

 

kiteki spider silk.jpg

post #56 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

To be honest using forwarding services from Japan can be a hassle, for example your official new address will be in Tokyo as far as Amazon.jp is concerned. =p

That's ok, I have always wanted a pied a terre in Tokyo!biggrin.gif
post #57 of 1886
All funniness aside, I am going the tenso route and you all are making me a wee bit nervous!
post #58 of 1886

Are you in Sicily?  I know a lot of ebay sellers won't sell to Italy.  I think you should go with Tenso, it'll be fine. =)

post #59 of 1886
I am stateside currently, but if it's cheaper and easier I do have contacts in Japan should I bother them to ems them to me here? Would it be worth it?
post #60 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian0 View Post

I am stateside currently, but if it's cheaper and easier I do have contacts in Japan should I bother them to ems them to me here? Would it be worth it?

You could at least ask them about it. Then you can compare to other methods to acquire them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60