Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 109

post #1621 of 1886

can anyone here compare the sound of the 60 from the 80? I took the plunge on buying the 60 (FRD version though) since there was  a new one posted on Ebay, and got it for only $21.50 including shipping.biggrin.gif 

 

also, is the 60 better than MH1c? If yes, in what regards? Thanks!

 

post #1622 of 1886

i thinking of getting the FXD80 but a little worried of the fit...

has anyone encountered fit issues with the handle/strain relief?

post #1623 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitl View Post

i thinking of getting the FXD80 but a little worried of the fit...

has anyone encountered fit issues with the handle/strain relief?

These don't go deep enough for the rubber pieces to touch your ear. Personally, I find these seal easier than any IEM I've ever used. I literally just put them in my ear and they seal completely, I don't own any other earphones that do that. My friend who owns them feels the same way (he uses smalls and I use mediums).

post #1624 of 1886

thanks for commenting!

i see you like heavy metal...are these suitable male-vocal-metal?
 

post #1625 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleG View Post

can anyone here compare the sound of the 60 from the 80? I took the plunge on buying the 60 (FRD version though) since there was  a new one posted on Ebay, and got it for only $21.50 including shipping.biggrin.gif 

 

also, is the 60 better than MH1c? If yes, in what regards? Thanks!

 

 

The FX/FRD 60 and the MH1C are kind of difficult to compare as they have very different sound sigs.

 

The 60 is a V-shaped signature and probably has more absolute detail in the mids/highs but can be a little harsh (not nearly as bad as earlier JVC microdrivers, though).  They can also sound a bit cold.  The harshness will probably even out a little bit with time.

 

The MH1C has better (WAY better) bass extension and is smoother but doesn't have the clarity of the 60s.

 

The 60 is way, way more usable even with the bigger nozzles.  Better built and way better cable.  Both isolate to about the same degree.

post #1626 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekostas View Post

 

The FX/FRD 60 and the MH1C are kind of difficult to compare as they have very different sound sigs.

 

The 60 is a V-shaped signature and probably has more absolute detail in the mids/highs but can be a little harsh (not nearly as bad as earlier JVC microdrivers, though).  They can also sound a bit cold.  The harshness will probably even out a little bit with time.

 

The MH1C has better (WAY better) bass extension and is smoother but doesn't have the clarity of the 60s.

 

The 60 is way, way more usable even with the bigger nozzles.  Better built and way better cable.  Both isolate to about the same degree.

I can't comment on the 60s, but for the 80s the cold and harsh sound is definitely tamed with burn in. They were almost un-listenable to me at a point because the sound was so cold.

post #1627 of 1886

what player are you using there in that screen shot??? i have a nexus 4, you're EQ looks the same but i dont have the tone and dial options...

post #1628 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovee View Post

what player are you using there in that screen shot??? i have a nexus 4, you're EQ looks the same but i dont have the tone and dial options...

Who are you referring to?

post #1629 of 1886

Tempted by these, but I already have a pair of FXT90's... what should I do?

post #1630 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPICFAILXD View Post

Tempted by these, but I already have a pair of FXT90's... what should I do?

Stick with the FXT90. The FXD80 is more exciting at first but it's a lot less accurate. It's basically a more extreme V-shaped sound signature.
post #1631 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


Stick with the FXT90. The FXD80 is more exciting at first but it's a lot less accurate. It's basically a more extreme V-shaped sound signature.

Wait... so the FXT90's are a lot less accurate?

post #1632 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPICFAILXD View Post
 

Wait... so the FXT90's are a lot less accurate?

No, the FXD80s are less accurate.

post #1633 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post
 

No, the FXD80s are less accurate.

Oops, my bad... So what earphones at this price point sound as good as the FXT90?

post #1634 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPICFAILXD View Post
 

Oops, my bad... So what earphones at this price point sound as good as the FXT90?

I've never heard the FXT90s, but I sure do love my CKN70s.

post #1635 of 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post
 

I've never heard the FXT90s, but I sure do love my CKN70s.

Sorry, but I'd prefer not having a J-cord. Thanks though! Btw I see you like A7X :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60