+1. IMO cables are very good.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
I am really disappointed with these cans. I have a Koss Porta Pro and I was waiting at least a closer quality compared to this. My AKG K420 sounds much better, with much more detail. These cans are...
This is a review of the LZ A4 IEM’s. First of all I’d like to thank LZ for sending me a review sample of the LZ A4. The retail price of the LA A4 is $195. The LZ A4 is available from both AK Audio...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 107post #1591 of 19275/15/13 at 4:13am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 19275/15/13 at 6:19am
After a few serious outings with the things (I got a little sidetracked after receiving them), I will give the cables a few points back, but still say that they're not great for my needs. Primarily in that they have some memory issues which, after being coiled up, make them a bit difficult to keep out of my way. If microphonics are a concern, I can see why people are impressed with the cable, and I can see how it's relative lack of flexibility could prove useful. It just doesn't really cut it for me...post #1593 of 19275/20/13 at 4:49amQuote:
+1post #1594 of 19276/30/13 at 12:51pmHi guys, I have to buy a new headset because my Fischer eterna died 2 days ago. After reading on the forum a lot of reviews, finally I decided to buy one from those models: fdr80, vsonic gr06 or mee a161p. They cost to me, 55Euro, 60Eo or 90. What do you think about? My chose is for the JVC, but my fear is for bass, too flat. My old eternal were great in bass, but too much in effect. I like good bass, and a scene more large than eterna, with more extended treble than eterna. I usually listen metal, heavy metal, dubstep and classical music. Has the JVC this features?post #1595 of 19276/30/13 at 1:40pmpost #1596 of 19277/1/13 at 12:33pmpost #1597 of 19277/1/13 at 1:16pmpost #1598 of 19277/1/13 at 2:05pmpost #1599 of 19277/24/13 at 11:23am
I just got my JVC-FXD80 today :)
First impressions : I am no audiophile but they sound phenomenal. I am coming from Shure SE215 and these have way more detail. I am hearning a lot of detail which was absent earlier. Music itself sounds more fun and energetic..
I was worried that the base would be boomy but so far it's quality over quantity.
The instruments especially guitar and violin sound really good. Even the vocals sound better more forward compared to the SE215.
Negatives: So far, the only thing that concerns me is the cable quality . Coming from SE215 which had a sturdy cable , this seems very fragile. The cables are thinner and I am not sure how they would hold up to abuse. Can someone reassure me that the cable with hold up to longterm use ?
The best part is that these sound great out of the box. The stock tips that was in the earphone gave me a perfect seal and I am loving them the more I listen to them.
In contrast when I got my shure's , I had to spend around 5 hrs with all the tips to get the proper seal.
So far, I am really happy with my purchase, will update this thread with further impressions.
PS : Do the FXD80's need a burn in ?
Edited by Malazan - 7/24/13 at 11:24ampost #1600 of 19277/24/13 at 11:39am
I find the cable of pretty good quality. It's not exactly kevlar reinforced but I think they can take a bit of abuse.
Have used mine for over a year and it looks to be in exactly the same shape as a year ago.
Still I have a lot of different in-ears and the FXD series have not gotten used daily. Used them a lot at the gym though.
To anyone owning these, buy these cheap foam tips.
It really helps the fit, isolation and sound. The comfort is so much better. IMO almost a must buy.
These tips do have a tendency to get stuck in the ear when worn with a deep fit. To combat this annoyance cut thin pieces of tape and wrap them around the front piece.post #1601 of 19277/24/13 at 12:15pm
Thanks Sweden, it's reassuring to see that even after a year they hold up well. I will be using them daily but mostly during commute and with my laptop so I won't be abusing them much.
Thanks for the link, I will def. look those up. I still have the tips from my SE215 , I will look them up first then try the memory foam tips.
Also a lot of users keep talking about comply tips..it is worth the cost to upgrade to those tips compared to the stock tips and the foam tips ?
Thanks.post #1602 of 19277/24/13 at 12:27pmpost #1603 of 19277/24/13 at 3:52pm
Has anyone else had weird fit issues? Maybe I just have narrow ear canals, but even with the smallest ear tips I couldn't get a comfortable fit. Shame because I really liked the sound.post #1604 of 19277/24/13 at 3:55pmQuote:
I did on the FXC80 and the FXD60, and I also have very narrow ear canals. The tip-mounted driver does require a larger than normal nozzle. If you want to try, put a little bit of sticky tac around the nozzle tip instead of using a silicon tip, and gently twist the housing as you insert the IEMs to get a seal. Worked for me.post #1605 of 19277/24/13 at 5:12pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by jekostas
I did on the FXC80 and the FXD60, and I also have very narrow ear canals. The tip-mounted driver does require a larger than normal nozzle. If you want to try, put a little bit of sticky tac around the nozzle tip instead of using a silicon tip, and gently twist the housing as you insert the IEMs to get a seal. Worked for me.
It's interesting how different IEMs fit well in some ears and terribly in others. The FXD80s sealed in my ears better than any earphones I've ever used.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex THX00 Mahogany + ZMF Ori pads + Detachable Cable Mod By... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 2 minutes ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 3 minutes ago
- › Vinshine Audio DAC R2R-REF w/ soekris 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear