+1. IMO cables are very good.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
Commercial brands are pretty much like IT girls: should one of them flash her bare belly in the street, the next day the whole town would follow to vast enjoyment of the «other half of mankind»,...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 107post #1591 of 19275/15/13 at 4:13am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 19275/15/13 at 6:19am
After a few serious outings with the things (I got a little sidetracked after receiving them), I will give the cables a few points back, but still say that they're not great for my needs. Primarily in that they have some memory issues which, after being coiled up, make them a bit difficult to keep out of my way. If microphonics are a concern, I can see why people are impressed with the cable, and I can see how it's relative lack of flexibility could prove useful. It just doesn't really cut it for me...post #1593 of 19275/20/13 at 4:49amQuote:
+1post #1594 of 19276/30/13 at 12:51pmHi guys, I have to buy a new headset because my Fischer eterna died 2 days ago. After reading on the forum a lot of reviews, finally I decided to buy one from those models: fdr80, vsonic gr06 or mee a161p. They cost to me, 55Euro, 60Eo or 90. What do you think about? My chose is for the JVC, but my fear is for bass, too flat. My old eternal were great in bass, but too much in effect. I like good bass, and a scene more large than eterna, with more extended treble than eterna. I usually listen metal, heavy metal, dubstep and classical music. Has the JVC this features?post #1595 of 19276/30/13 at 1:40pmpost #1596 of 19277/1/13 at 12:33pmpost #1597 of 19277/1/13 at 1:16pmpost #1598 of 19277/1/13 at 2:05pmpost #1599 of 19277/24/13 at 11:23am
I just got my JVC-FXD80 today :)
First impressions : I am no audiophile but they sound phenomenal. I am coming from Shure SE215 and these have way more detail. I am hearning a lot of detail which was absent earlier. Music itself sounds more fun and energetic..
I was worried that the base would be boomy but so far it's quality over quantity.
The instruments especially guitar and violin sound really good. Even the vocals sound better more forward compared to the SE215.
Negatives: So far, the only thing that concerns me is the cable quality . Coming from SE215 which had a sturdy cable , this seems very fragile. The cables are thinner and I am not sure how they would hold up to abuse. Can someone reassure me that the cable with hold up to longterm use ?
The best part is that these sound great out of the box. The stock tips that was in the earphone gave me a perfect seal and I am loving them the more I listen to them.
In contrast when I got my shure's , I had to spend around 5 hrs with all the tips to get the proper seal.
So far, I am really happy with my purchase, will update this thread with further impressions.
PS : Do the FXD80's need a burn in ?
Edited by Malazan - 7/24/13 at 11:24ampost #1600 of 19277/24/13 at 11:39am
I find the cable of pretty good quality. It's not exactly kevlar reinforced but I think they can take a bit of abuse.
Have used mine for over a year and it looks to be in exactly the same shape as a year ago.
Still I have a lot of different in-ears and the FXD series have not gotten used daily. Used them a lot at the gym though.
To anyone owning these, buy these cheap foam tips.
It really helps the fit, isolation and sound. The comfort is so much better. IMO almost a must buy.
These tips do have a tendency to get stuck in the ear when worn with a deep fit. To combat this annoyance cut thin pieces of tape and wrap them around the front piece.post #1601 of 19277/24/13 at 12:15pm
Thanks Sweden, it's reassuring to see that even after a year they hold up well. I will be using them daily but mostly during commute and with my laptop so I won't be abusing them much.
Thanks for the link, I will def. look those up. I still have the tips from my SE215 , I will look them up first then try the memory foam tips.
Also a lot of users keep talking about comply tips..it is worth the cost to upgrade to those tips compared to the stock tips and the foam tips ?
Thanks.post #1602 of 19277/24/13 at 12:27pmpost #1603 of 19277/24/13 at 3:52pm
Has anyone else had weird fit issues? Maybe I just have narrow ear canals, but even with the smallest ear tips I couldn't get a comfortable fit. Shame because I really liked the sound.post #1604 of 19277/24/13 at 3:55pmQuote:
I did on the FXC80 and the FXD60, and I also have very narrow ear canals. The tip-mounted driver does require a larger than normal nozzle. If you want to try, put a little bit of sticky tac around the nozzle tip instead of using a silicon tip, and gently twist the housing as you insert the IEMs to get a seal. Worked for me.post #1605 of 19277/24/13 at 5:12pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by jekostas
I did on the FXC80 and the FXD60, and I also have very narrow ear canals. The tip-mounted driver does require a larger than normal nozzle. If you want to try, put a little bit of sticky tac around the nozzle tip instead of using a silicon tip, and gently twist the housing as you insert the IEMs to get a seal. Worked for me.
It's interesting how different IEMs fit well in some ears and terribly in others. The FXD80s sealed in my ears better than any earphones I've ever used.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 26 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 41 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 54 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 3 minutes ago
- › What are your source components? 3 minutes ago
- › Onkyo E900M 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...