+1. IMO cables are very good.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I begin, I want to thank @H20Fidelity for providing me this review sample. Also want to thank Fidue for creating such a great product. I did not purchase the Fidue A71 but I will not let...
These have been part of my set-up for about 2 months. The set-up has consisted mainly of: Phonitor 2 fed by a Mdac or Dacmagic (Main Rig) Portable use saw it used with a NuForce Udac Gaming...
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 107post #1591 of 18885/15/13 at 4:13am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 18885/15/13 at 6:19am
After a few serious outings with the things (I got a little sidetracked after receiving them), I will give the cables a few points back, but still say that they're not great for my needs. Primarily in that they have some memory issues which, after being coiled up, make them a bit difficult to keep out of my way. If microphonics are a concern, I can see why people are impressed with the cable, and I can see how it's relative lack of flexibility could prove useful. It just doesn't really cut it for me...post #1593 of 18885/20/13 at 4:49amQuote:
+1post #1594 of 18886/30/13 at 12:51pmHi guys, I have to buy a new headset because my Fischer eterna died 2 days ago. After reading on the forum a lot of reviews, finally I decided to buy one from those models: fdr80, vsonic gr06 or mee a161p. They cost to me, 55Euro, 60Eo or 90. What do you think about? My chose is for the JVC, but my fear is for bass, too flat. My old eternal were great in bass, but too much in effect. I like good bass, and a scene more large than eterna, with more extended treble than eterna. I usually listen metal, heavy metal, dubstep and classical music. Has the JVC this features?post #1595 of 18886/30/13 at 1:40pmpost #1596 of 18887/1/13 at 12:33pmpost #1597 of 18887/1/13 at 1:16pmpost #1598 of 18887/1/13 at 2:05pmpost #1599 of 18887/24/13 at 11:23am
I just got my JVC-FXD80 today :)
First impressions : I am no audiophile but they sound phenomenal. I am coming from Shure SE215 and these have way more detail. I am hearning a lot of detail which was absent earlier. Music itself sounds more fun and energetic..
I was worried that the base would be boomy but so far it's quality over quantity.
The instruments especially guitar and violin sound really good. Even the vocals sound better more forward compared to the SE215.
Negatives: So far, the only thing that concerns me is the cable quality . Coming from SE215 which had a sturdy cable , this seems very fragile. The cables are thinner and I am not sure how they would hold up to abuse. Can someone reassure me that the cable with hold up to longterm use ?
The best part is that these sound great out of the box. The stock tips that was in the earphone gave me a perfect seal and I am loving them the more I listen to them.
In contrast when I got my shure's , I had to spend around 5 hrs with all the tips to get the proper seal.
So far, I am really happy with my purchase, will update this thread with further impressions.
PS : Do the FXD80's need a burn in ?
Edited by Malazan - 7/24/13 at 11:24ampost #1600 of 18887/24/13 at 11:39am
I find the cable of pretty good quality. It's not exactly kevlar reinforced but I think they can take a bit of abuse.
Have used mine for over a year and it looks to be in exactly the same shape as a year ago.
Still I have a lot of different in-ears and the FXD series have not gotten used daily. Used them a lot at the gym though.
To anyone owning these, buy these cheap foam tips.
It really helps the fit, isolation and sound. The comfort is so much better. IMO almost a must buy.
These tips do have a tendency to get stuck in the ear when worn with a deep fit. To combat this annoyance cut thin pieces of tape and wrap them around the front piece.post #1601 of 18887/24/13 at 12:15pm
Thanks Sweden, it's reassuring to see that even after a year they hold up well. I will be using them daily but mostly during commute and with my laptop so I won't be abusing them much.
Thanks for the link, I will def. look those up. I still have the tips from my SE215 , I will look them up first then try the memory foam tips.
Also a lot of users keep talking about comply tips..it is worth the cost to upgrade to those tips compared to the stock tips and the foam tips ?
Thanks.post #1602 of 18887/24/13 at 12:27pmpost #1603 of 18887/24/13 at 3:52pm
Has anyone else had weird fit issues? Maybe I just have narrow ear canals, but even with the smallest ear tips I couldn't get a comfortable fit. Shame because I really liked the sound.post #1604 of 18887/24/13 at 3:55pmQuote:
I did on the FXC80 and the FXD60, and I also have very narrow ear canals. The tip-mounted driver does require a larger than normal nozzle. If you want to try, put a little bit of sticky tac around the nozzle tip instead of using a silicon tip, and gently twist the housing as you insert the IEMs to get a seal. Worked for me.post #1605 of 18887/24/13 at 5:12pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by jekostas
I did on the FXC80 and the FXD60, and I also have very narrow ear canals. The tip-mounted driver does require a larger than normal nozzle. If you want to try, put a little bit of sticky tac around the nozzle tip instead of using a silicon tip, and gently twist the housing as you insert the IEMs to get a seal. Worked for me.
It's interesting how different IEMs fit well in some ears and terribly in others. The FXD80s sealed in my ears better than any earphones I've ever used.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 2 seconds ago
- › AKG new N90Q 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Review and comparison of DUNU DN-1000, DN-2000, & JVC HA-FX850 2 minutes ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-300a and RE-300h Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › The headphones for movies thread 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3