- 4,139 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 102post #1516 of 18362/15/13 at 9:16pmStill burn them in and see what happens to the sound, use heavy bass track to burn them in.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1517 of 18362/16/13 at 9:38amQuote:
I haven't noticed that.
I'm hearing the type of change in sound from these two model one would imagine if they shared the same drivers and one being closed and one being vented, with the FXD70 having more bass impact. To my ears the FXD70 is better sounding as well. If they where priced the opposite I have my doubt if some here would pick the FXD80 over the FXD70...
Cheaper and better sounding and just so slightly more comfortable having a tiny bit smaller and smoother body. No brainer to me which one of these you should buy.
Even more important than choosing any of these models over each other is having the right tips.
These foam tips really make it possible to wear them for hours without any discomfort whilst possibly changing the sound for the better if you had problem getting perfect fit with the stock tips.post #1518 of 18362/16/13 at 1:08pmpost #1519 of 18362/16/13 at 1:28pm
I sold the FXZ100 and kept the FXD70.
Soundstage and imaging was too poor with the FXZ100 as well as fit. The FXZ100 sucked in regards to fit.
Edited by Sweden - 2/16/13 at 1:31pmpost #1520 of 18362/16/13 at 3:09pmpost #1521 of 18362/21/13 at 1:09am
What tips are you all using with your fxd60/70/80? The stock ones don't work for me, can't get a decent seal.
I jammed my sony hybrids on and they certainly sound better but they aren't the right size for the 80's and they're stretching a fair bit over the nozzle so I don't think they're a long term option.
I might buy some complies but they're a bit pricey so wondering what other options are a good bet...post #1522 of 18362/21/13 at 6:40ampost #1523 of 18362/21/13 at 7:01ampost #1524 of 18362/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #1525 of 18363/7/13 at 12:04pm
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like my FXD80's sound is becoming progressively boring. The bass has really tightened up and the high-end is very tame but pleasantly sparkly after 200 or so hours, however perhaps it's just that I'm getting too used to the sound and all music seems so predictable with these IEMs. I'm yearning for a warmer bass signature instead of the cold linearity these IEMs show, perhaps like an ATH M50 sound without the piercing treble. I do love the instrumental separation and the larger soundstage which to my ears is great. I wonder if the S500 would be suitable for me if I'm looking for a larger mid-range similar to something 40mm drivers would possess.post #1526 of 18363/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #1527 of 18363/8/13 at 9:06pmpost #1528 of 18363/9/13 at 7:34ampost #1529 of 18363/9/13 at 10:35amImo, they are both great, but completely different beasts. It really depends on what you are looking for. For music like trance where the bass response is often very important, the s500 satisfies.post #1530 of 18363/9/13 at 11:03amQuote:
Yeppp, what WAYNE said. The FXD70s is great if you like a more balanced flatter sound, but without it being too analytical. It's still fun but without that warm bassy kinda fun, JVCs sound to me is very "linear" like another poster said, so there is just not enough atmosphere in it it seems. This was the impression i got when i heard the ATH ES7s and my JVC S500s, the ES7s just have a kinda refined warmth sound to them that makes these JVC seems kinda cold in it's presentation. It's not like the typical bassy kinda warmth sound but i dunno, can't really put my fingers on it. This is similar to what i heard from my fxd70s and the sony MH1Cs as well, though with the MH1C IT IS THAT traditional kinda bassy warmth. hmmmmmmmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Open vs Closed: A Review and Comparison of the AKG K712 Pro and the... 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 6 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)