- 8,189 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 102post #1516 of 19272/15/13 at 9:16pmStill burn them in and see what happens to the sound, use heavy bass track to burn them in.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1517 of 19272/16/13 at 9:38amQuote:
I haven't noticed that.
I'm hearing the type of change in sound from these two model one would imagine if they shared the same drivers and one being closed and one being vented, with the FXD70 having more bass impact. To my ears the FXD70 is better sounding as well. If they where priced the opposite I have my doubt if some here would pick the FXD80 over the FXD70...
Cheaper and better sounding and just so slightly more comfortable having a tiny bit smaller and smoother body. No brainer to me which one of these you should buy.
Even more important than choosing any of these models over each other is having the right tips.
These foam tips really make it possible to wear them for hours without any discomfort whilst possibly changing the sound for the better if you had problem getting perfect fit with the stock tips.post #1518 of 19272/16/13 at 1:08pmpost #1519 of 19272/16/13 at 1:28pm
I sold the FXZ100 and kept the FXD70.
Soundstage and imaging was too poor with the FXZ100 as well as fit. The FXZ100 sucked in regards to fit.
Edited by Sweden - 2/16/13 at 1:31pmpost #1520 of 19272/16/13 at 3:09pmpost #1521 of 19272/21/13 at 1:09am
What tips are you all using with your fxd60/70/80? The stock ones don't work for me, can't get a decent seal.
I jammed my sony hybrids on and they certainly sound better but they aren't the right size for the 80's and they're stretching a fair bit over the nozzle so I don't think they're a long term option.
I might buy some complies but they're a bit pricey so wondering what other options are a good bet...post #1522 of 19272/21/13 at 6:40ampost #1523 of 19272/21/13 at 7:01ampost #1524 of 19272/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #1525 of 19273/7/13 at 12:04pm
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like my FXD80's sound is becoming progressively boring. The bass has really tightened up and the high-end is very tame but pleasantly sparkly after 200 or so hours, however perhaps it's just that I'm getting too used to the sound and all music seems so predictable with these IEMs. I'm yearning for a warmer bass signature instead of the cold linearity these IEMs show, perhaps like an ATH M50 sound without the piercing treble. I do love the instrumental separation and the larger soundstage which to my ears is great. I wonder if the S500 would be suitable for me if I'm looking for a larger mid-range similar to something 40mm drivers would possess.post #1526 of 19273/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #1527 of 19273/8/13 at 9:06pmpost #1528 of 19273/9/13 at 7:34ampost #1529 of 19273/9/13 at 10:35amImo, they are both great, but completely different beasts. It really depends on what you are looking for. For music like trance where the bass response is often very important, the s500 satisfies.post #1530 of 19273/9/13 at 11:03amQuote:
Yeppp, what WAYNE said. The FXD70s is great if you like a more balanced flatter sound, but without it being too analytical. It's still fun but without that warm bassy kinda fun, JVCs sound to me is very "linear" like another poster said, so there is just not enough atmosphere in it it seems. This was the impression i got when i heard the ATH ES7s and my JVC S500s, the ES7s just have a kinda refined warmth sound to them that makes these JVC seems kinda cold in it's presentation. It's not like the typical bassy kinda warmth sound but i dunno, can't really put my fingers on it. This is similar to what i heard from my fxd70s and the sony MH1Cs as well, though with the MH1C IT IS THAT traditional kinda bassy warmth. hmmmmmmmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Starting Point Systems portable NOS DAC 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 2 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: Shure SE846 (Black Preferably) 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 6 minutes ago
- › The Best audiophile tracks to test equipment 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear