- 5,129 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
At fist, a warning: it seems that the Bose Soundlink On-Ear have compatibility problems with iOS devices, which cause intermittent connectivity and skipping music. It is not clear to me if this...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 102post #1516 of 18882/15/13 at 9:16pmStill burn them in and see what happens to the sound, use heavy bass track to burn them in.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1517 of 18882/16/13 at 9:38amQuote:
I haven't noticed that.
I'm hearing the type of change in sound from these two model one would imagine if they shared the same drivers and one being closed and one being vented, with the FXD70 having more bass impact. To my ears the FXD70 is better sounding as well. If they where priced the opposite I have my doubt if some here would pick the FXD80 over the FXD70...
Cheaper and better sounding and just so slightly more comfortable having a tiny bit smaller and smoother body. No brainer to me which one of these you should buy.
Even more important than choosing any of these models over each other is having the right tips.
These foam tips really make it possible to wear them for hours without any discomfort whilst possibly changing the sound for the better if you had problem getting perfect fit with the stock tips.post #1518 of 18882/16/13 at 1:08pmpost #1519 of 18882/16/13 at 1:28pm
I sold the FXZ100 and kept the FXD70.
Soundstage and imaging was too poor with the FXZ100 as well as fit. The FXZ100 sucked in regards to fit.
Edited by Sweden - 2/16/13 at 1:31pmpost #1520 of 18882/16/13 at 3:09pmpost #1521 of 18882/21/13 at 1:09am
What tips are you all using with your fxd60/70/80? The stock ones don't work for me, can't get a decent seal.
I jammed my sony hybrids on and they certainly sound better but they aren't the right size for the 80's and they're stretching a fair bit over the nozzle so I don't think they're a long term option.
I might buy some complies but they're a bit pricey so wondering what other options are a good bet...post #1522 of 18882/21/13 at 6:40ampost #1523 of 18882/21/13 at 7:01ampost #1524 of 18882/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #1525 of 18883/7/13 at 12:04pm
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like my FXD80's sound is becoming progressively boring. The bass has really tightened up and the high-end is very tame but pleasantly sparkly after 200 or so hours, however perhaps it's just that I'm getting too used to the sound and all music seems so predictable with these IEMs. I'm yearning for a warmer bass signature instead of the cold linearity these IEMs show, perhaps like an ATH M50 sound without the piercing treble. I do love the instrumental separation and the larger soundstage which to my ears is great. I wonder if the S500 would be suitable for me if I'm looking for a larger mid-range similar to something 40mm drivers would possess.post #1526 of 18883/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #1527 of 18883/8/13 at 9:06pmpost #1528 of 18883/9/13 at 7:34ampost #1529 of 18883/9/13 at 10:35amImo, they are both great, but completely different beasts. It really depends on what you are looking for. For music like trance where the bass response is often very important, the s500 satisfies.post #1530 of 18883/9/13 at 11:03amQuote:
Yeppp, what WAYNE said. The FXD70s is great if you like a more balanced flatter sound, but without it being too analytical. It's still fun but without that warm bassy kinda fun, JVCs sound to me is very "linear" like another poster said, so there is just not enough atmosphere in it it seems. This was the impression i got when i heard the ATH ES7s and my JVC S500s, the ES7s just have a kinda refined warmth sound to them that makes these JVC seems kinda cold in it's presentation. It's not like the typical bassy kinda warmth sound but i dunno, can't really put my fingers on it. This is similar to what i heard from my fxd70s and the sony MH1Cs as well, though with the MH1C IT IS THAT traditional kinda bassy warmth. hmmmmmmmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › Bass IEM addict recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 840 vs denon adh2000 vs demon adh600 vs Ath-50x 6 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for iPhone 5 DAC/AMP setup 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3