- 7,583 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting as...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 102post #1516 of 19272/15/13 at 9:16pmStill burn them in and see what happens to the sound, use heavy bass track to burn them in.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1517 of 19272/16/13 at 9:38amQuote:
I haven't noticed that.
I'm hearing the type of change in sound from these two model one would imagine if they shared the same drivers and one being closed and one being vented, with the FXD70 having more bass impact. To my ears the FXD70 is better sounding as well. If they where priced the opposite I have my doubt if some here would pick the FXD80 over the FXD70...
Cheaper and better sounding and just so slightly more comfortable having a tiny bit smaller and smoother body. No brainer to me which one of these you should buy.
Even more important than choosing any of these models over each other is having the right tips.
These foam tips really make it possible to wear them for hours without any discomfort whilst possibly changing the sound for the better if you had problem getting perfect fit with the stock tips.post #1518 of 19272/16/13 at 1:08pmpost #1519 of 19272/16/13 at 1:28pm
I sold the FXZ100 and kept the FXD70.
Soundstage and imaging was too poor with the FXZ100 as well as fit. The FXZ100 sucked in regards to fit.
Edited by Sweden - 2/16/13 at 1:31pmpost #1520 of 19272/16/13 at 3:09pmpost #1521 of 19272/21/13 at 1:09am
What tips are you all using with your fxd60/70/80? The stock ones don't work for me, can't get a decent seal.
I jammed my sony hybrids on and they certainly sound better but they aren't the right size for the 80's and they're stretching a fair bit over the nozzle so I don't think they're a long term option.
I might buy some complies but they're a bit pricey so wondering what other options are a good bet...post #1522 of 19272/21/13 at 6:40ampost #1523 of 19272/21/13 at 7:01ampost #1524 of 19272/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #1525 of 19273/7/13 at 12:04pm
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like my FXD80's sound is becoming progressively boring. The bass has really tightened up and the high-end is very tame but pleasantly sparkly after 200 or so hours, however perhaps it's just that I'm getting too used to the sound and all music seems so predictable with these IEMs. I'm yearning for a warmer bass signature instead of the cold linearity these IEMs show, perhaps like an ATH M50 sound without the piercing treble. I do love the instrumental separation and the larger soundstage which to my ears is great. I wonder if the S500 would be suitable for me if I'm looking for a larger mid-range similar to something 40mm drivers would possess.post #1526 of 19273/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #1527 of 19273/8/13 at 9:06pmpost #1528 of 19273/9/13 at 7:34ampost #1529 of 19273/9/13 at 10:35amImo, they are both great, but completely different beasts. It really depends on what you are looking for. For music like trance where the bass response is often very important, the s500 satisfies.post #1530 of 19273/9/13 at 11:03amQuote:
Yeppp, what WAYNE said. The FXD70s is great if you like a more balanced flatter sound, but without it being too analytical. It's still fun but without that warm bassy kinda fun, JVCs sound to me is very "linear" like another poster said, so there is just not enough atmosphere in it it seems. This was the impression i got when i heard the ATH ES7s and my JVC S500s, the ES7s just have a kinda refined warmth sound to them that makes these JVC seems kinda cold in it's presentation. It's not like the typical bassy kinda warmth sound but i dunno, can't really put my fingers on it. This is similar to what i heard from my fxd70s and the sony MH1Cs as well, though with the MH1C IT IS THAT traditional kinda bassy warmth. hmmmmmmmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 24 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 52 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend me an AMP/DAC for the DT 880 (250 ohm) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...