- 2,391 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 1/2/14 at 8:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 102post #1516 of 17592/15/13 at 9:16pmStill burn them in and see what happens to the sound, use heavy bass track to burn them in.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1517 of 17592/16/13 at 9:38amQuote:
I haven't noticed that.
I'm hearing the type of change in sound from these two model one would imagine if they shared the same drivers and one being closed and one being vented, with the FXD70 having more bass impact. To my ears the FXD70 is better sounding as well. If they where priced the opposite I have my doubt if some here would pick the FXD80 over the FXD70...
Cheaper and better sounding and just so slightly more comfortable having a tiny bit smaller and smoother body. No brainer to me which one of these you should buy.
Even more important than choosing any of these models over each other is having the right tips.
These foam tips really make it possible to wear them for hours without any discomfort whilst possibly changing the sound for the better if you had problem getting perfect fit with the stock tips.post #1518 of 17592/16/13 at 1:08pmpost #1519 of 17592/16/13 at 1:28pm
I sold the FXZ100 and kept the FXD70.
Soundstage and imaging was too poor with the FXZ100 as well as fit. The FXZ100 sucked in regards to fit.
Edited by Sweden - 2/16/13 at 1:31pmpost #1520 of 17592/16/13 at 3:09pmpost #1521 of 17592/21/13 at 1:09am
What tips are you all using with your fxd60/70/80? The stock ones don't work for me, can't get a decent seal.
I jammed my sony hybrids on and they certainly sound better but they aren't the right size for the 80's and they're stretching a fair bit over the nozzle so I don't think they're a long term option.
I might buy some complies but they're a bit pricey so wondering what other options are a good bet...post #1522 of 17592/21/13 at 6:40ampost #1523 of 17592/21/13 at 7:01ampost #1524 of 17592/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #1525 of 17593/7/13 at 12:04pm
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like my FXD80's sound is becoming progressively boring. The bass has really tightened up and the high-end is very tame but pleasantly sparkly after 200 or so hours, however perhaps it's just that I'm getting too used to the sound and all music seems so predictable with these IEMs. I'm yearning for a warmer bass signature instead of the cold linearity these IEMs show, perhaps like an ATH M50 sound without the piercing treble. I do love the instrumental separation and the larger soundstage which to my ears is great. I wonder if the S500 would be suitable for me if I'm looking for a larger mid-range similar to something 40mm drivers would possess.post #1526 of 17593/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #1527 of 17593/8/13 at 9:06pmpost #1528 of 17593/9/13 at 7:34ampost #1529 of 17593/9/13 at 10:35amImo, they are both great, but completely different beasts. It really depends on what you are looking for. For music like trance where the bass response is often very important, the s500 satisfies.post #1530 of 17593/9/13 at 11:03amQuote:
Yeppp, what WAYNE said. The FXD70s is great if you like a more balanced flatter sound, but without it being too analytical. It's still fun but without that warm bassy kinda fun, JVCs sound to me is very "linear" like another poster said, so there is just not enough atmosphere in it it seems. This was the impression i got when i heard the ATH ES7s and my JVC S500s, the ES7s just have a kinda refined warmth sound to them that makes these JVC seems kinda cold in it's presentation. It's not like the typical bassy kinda warmth sound but i dunno, can't really put my fingers on it. This is similar to what i heard from my fxd70s and the sony MH1Cs as well, though with the MH1C IT IS THAT traditional kinda bassy warmth. hmmmmmmmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Why is Amazon (and other vendors) screwing Canadian headphone buyers? 1 second ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 23 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 28 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › $2.50 CD player sounds better than my iPod. 3 minutes ago
- › Atlanta, GA - A-VCOA Presents May 4th Portable Audio Jam 3 minutes ago
- › Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? 4 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM similar AD700 4 minutes ago
- › Dog-fi 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob