- 5,487 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 102post #1516 of 18912/15/13 at 9:16pmStill burn them in and see what happens to the sound, use heavy bass track to burn them in.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1517 of 18912/16/13 at 9:38amQuote:
I haven't noticed that.
I'm hearing the type of change in sound from these two model one would imagine if they shared the same drivers and one being closed and one being vented, with the FXD70 having more bass impact. To my ears the FXD70 is better sounding as well. If they where priced the opposite I have my doubt if some here would pick the FXD80 over the FXD70...
Cheaper and better sounding and just so slightly more comfortable having a tiny bit smaller and smoother body. No brainer to me which one of these you should buy.
Even more important than choosing any of these models over each other is having the right tips.
These foam tips really make it possible to wear them for hours without any discomfort whilst possibly changing the sound for the better if you had problem getting perfect fit with the stock tips.post #1518 of 18912/16/13 at 1:08pmpost #1519 of 18912/16/13 at 1:28pm
I sold the FXZ100 and kept the FXD70.
Soundstage and imaging was too poor with the FXZ100 as well as fit. The FXZ100 sucked in regards to fit.
Edited by Sweden - 2/16/13 at 1:31pmpost #1520 of 18912/16/13 at 3:09pmpost #1521 of 18912/21/13 at 1:09am
What tips are you all using with your fxd60/70/80? The stock ones don't work for me, can't get a decent seal.
I jammed my sony hybrids on and they certainly sound better but they aren't the right size for the 80's and they're stretching a fair bit over the nozzle so I don't think they're a long term option.
I might buy some complies but they're a bit pricey so wondering what other options are a good bet...post #1522 of 18912/21/13 at 6:40ampost #1523 of 18912/21/13 at 7:01ampost #1524 of 18912/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #1525 of 18913/7/13 at 12:04pm
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like my FXD80's sound is becoming progressively boring. The bass has really tightened up and the high-end is very tame but pleasantly sparkly after 200 or so hours, however perhaps it's just that I'm getting too used to the sound and all music seems so predictable with these IEMs. I'm yearning for a warmer bass signature instead of the cold linearity these IEMs show, perhaps like an ATH M50 sound without the piercing treble. I do love the instrumental separation and the larger soundstage which to my ears is great. I wonder if the S500 would be suitable for me if I'm looking for a larger mid-range similar to something 40mm drivers would possess.post #1526 of 18913/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #1527 of 18913/8/13 at 9:06pmpost #1528 of 18913/9/13 at 7:34ampost #1529 of 18913/9/13 at 10:35amImo, they are both great, but completely different beasts. It really depends on what you are looking for. For music like trance where the bass response is often very important, the s500 satisfies.post #1530 of 18913/9/13 at 11:03amQuote:
Yeppp, what WAYNE said. The FXD70s is great if you like a more balanced flatter sound, but without it being too analytical. It's still fun but without that warm bassy kinda fun, JVCs sound to me is very "linear" like another poster said, so there is just not enough atmosphere in it it seems. This was the impression i got when i heard the ATH ES7s and my JVC S500s, the ES7s just have a kinda refined warmth sound to them that makes these JVC seems kinda cold in it's presentation. It's not like the typical bassy kinda warmth sound but i dunno, can't really put my fingers on it. This is similar to what i heard from my fxd70s and the sony MH1Cs as well, though with the MH1C IT IS THAT traditional kinda bassy warmth. hmmmmmmmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 32 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 43 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM tips? 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 4 minutes ago
- › A week ago, I discovered I have Tinnitus, only from my right ear... 5 minutes ago
- › Will HD518 be an improvement over PX100 ii? 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2