- 7,004 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Hi guys, I'm surprised this little gizmo isn't more discussed here on head-fi and I happen to be having a lot of fun with it so I figured a brief review in order to build a discussion here would...
I've been listening with K-10 Customs a year now. Because of the almost total isolation I only use them when flying. They are the best sounding IEM I've ever encountered. IMO, they are really as...
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 102post #1516 of 19222/15/13 at 9:16pmStill burn them in and see what happens to the sound, use heavy bass track to burn them in.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1517 of 19222/16/13 at 9:38amQuote:
I haven't noticed that.
I'm hearing the type of change in sound from these two model one would imagine if they shared the same drivers and one being closed and one being vented, with the FXD70 having more bass impact. To my ears the FXD70 is better sounding as well. If they where priced the opposite I have my doubt if some here would pick the FXD80 over the FXD70...
Cheaper and better sounding and just so slightly more comfortable having a tiny bit smaller and smoother body. No brainer to me which one of these you should buy.
Even more important than choosing any of these models over each other is having the right tips.
These foam tips really make it possible to wear them for hours without any discomfort whilst possibly changing the sound for the better if you had problem getting perfect fit with the stock tips.post #1518 of 19222/16/13 at 1:08pmpost #1519 of 19222/16/13 at 1:28pm
I sold the FXZ100 and kept the FXD70.
Soundstage and imaging was too poor with the FXZ100 as well as fit. The FXZ100 sucked in regards to fit.
Edited by Sweden - 2/16/13 at 1:31pmpost #1520 of 19222/16/13 at 3:09pmpost #1521 of 19222/21/13 at 1:09am
What tips are you all using with your fxd60/70/80? The stock ones don't work for me, can't get a decent seal.
I jammed my sony hybrids on and they certainly sound better but they aren't the right size for the 80's and they're stretching a fair bit over the nozzle so I don't think they're a long term option.
I might buy some complies but they're a bit pricey so wondering what other options are a good bet...post #1522 of 19222/21/13 at 6:40ampost #1523 of 19222/21/13 at 7:01ampost #1524 of 19222/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #1525 of 19223/7/13 at 12:04pm
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like my FXD80's sound is becoming progressively boring. The bass has really tightened up and the high-end is very tame but pleasantly sparkly after 200 or so hours, however perhaps it's just that I'm getting too used to the sound and all music seems so predictable with these IEMs. I'm yearning for a warmer bass signature instead of the cold linearity these IEMs show, perhaps like an ATH M50 sound without the piercing treble. I do love the instrumental separation and the larger soundstage which to my ears is great. I wonder if the S500 would be suitable for me if I'm looking for a larger mid-range similar to something 40mm drivers would possess.post #1526 of 19223/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #1527 of 19223/8/13 at 9:06pmpost #1528 of 19223/9/13 at 7:34ampost #1529 of 19223/9/13 at 10:35amImo, they are both great, but completely different beasts. It really depends on what you are looking for. For music like trance where the bass response is often very important, the s500 satisfies.post #1530 of 19223/9/13 at 11:03amQuote:
Yeppp, what WAYNE said. The FXD70s is great if you like a more balanced flatter sound, but without it being too analytical. It's still fun but without that warm bassy kinda fun, JVCs sound to me is very "linear" like another poster said, so there is just not enough atmosphere in it it seems. This was the impression i got when i heard the ATH ES7s and my JVC S500s, the ES7s just have a kinda refined warmth sound to them that makes these JVC seems kinda cold in it's presentation. It's not like the typical bassy kinda warmth sound but i dunno, can't really put my fingers on it. This is similar to what i heard from my fxd70s and the sony MH1Cs as well, though with the MH1C IT IS THAT traditional kinda bassy warmth. hmmmmmmmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Pioneer's First Portable Amp XPA-700 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA2 and WA22 Comparisons...finally finished...whew. 2 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs CIEMS? 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...