- 5,567 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 102post #1516 of 18912/15/13 at 9:16pmStill burn them in and see what happens to the sound, use heavy bass track to burn them in.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1517 of 18912/16/13 at 9:38amQuote:
I haven't noticed that.
I'm hearing the type of change in sound from these two model one would imagine if they shared the same drivers and one being closed and one being vented, with the FXD70 having more bass impact. To my ears the FXD70 is better sounding as well. If they where priced the opposite I have my doubt if some here would pick the FXD80 over the FXD70...
Cheaper and better sounding and just so slightly more comfortable having a tiny bit smaller and smoother body. No brainer to me which one of these you should buy.
Even more important than choosing any of these models over each other is having the right tips.
These foam tips really make it possible to wear them for hours without any discomfort whilst possibly changing the sound for the better if you had problem getting perfect fit with the stock tips.post #1518 of 18912/16/13 at 1:08pmpost #1519 of 18912/16/13 at 1:28pm
I sold the FXZ100 and kept the FXD70.
Soundstage and imaging was too poor with the FXZ100 as well as fit. The FXZ100 sucked in regards to fit.
Edited by Sweden - 2/16/13 at 1:31pmpost #1520 of 18912/16/13 at 3:09pmpost #1521 of 18912/21/13 at 1:09am
What tips are you all using with your fxd60/70/80? The stock ones don't work for me, can't get a decent seal.
I jammed my sony hybrids on and they certainly sound better but they aren't the right size for the 80's and they're stretching a fair bit over the nozzle so I don't think they're a long term option.
I might buy some complies but they're a bit pricey so wondering what other options are a good bet...post #1522 of 18912/21/13 at 6:40ampost #1523 of 18912/21/13 at 7:01ampost #1524 of 18912/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #1525 of 18913/7/13 at 12:04pm
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like my FXD80's sound is becoming progressively boring. The bass has really tightened up and the high-end is very tame but pleasantly sparkly after 200 or so hours, however perhaps it's just that I'm getting too used to the sound and all music seems so predictable with these IEMs. I'm yearning for a warmer bass signature instead of the cold linearity these IEMs show, perhaps like an ATH M50 sound without the piercing treble. I do love the instrumental separation and the larger soundstage which to my ears is great. I wonder if the S500 would be suitable for me if I'm looking for a larger mid-range similar to something 40mm drivers would possess.post #1526 of 18913/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #1527 of 18913/8/13 at 9:06pmpost #1528 of 18913/9/13 at 7:34ampost #1529 of 18913/9/13 at 10:35amImo, they are both great, but completely different beasts. It really depends on what you are looking for. For music like trance where the bass response is often very important, the s500 satisfies.post #1530 of 18913/9/13 at 11:03amQuote:
Yeppp, what WAYNE said. The FXD70s is great if you like a more balanced flatter sound, but without it being too analytical. It's still fun but without that warm bassy kinda fun, JVCs sound to me is very "linear" like another poster said, so there is just not enough atmosphere in it it seems. This was the impression i got when i heard the ATH ES7s and my JVC S500s, the ES7s just have a kinda refined warmth sound to them that makes these JVC seems kinda cold in it's presentation. It's not like the typical bassy kinda warmth sound but i dunno, can't really put my fingers on it. This is similar to what i heard from my fxd70s and the sony MH1Cs as well, though with the MH1C IT IS THAT traditional kinda bassy warmth. hmmmmmmmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015 impressions 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › How many pairs of headphones do you own? 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 10 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2