Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 101

post #1501 of 1814

anyone knows where i can see some graphs and measurements of the fxd70?

 

i've seen the graphs from sonove for fxd80, now i am finding measurements for fxd70.

 

i am also looking for info on output impedance of upcoming smartphones, more specifically 2013 android smartphones.

 

 

 

*cant wait for my fxd70 to arrive :)


Edited by pokpokgei - 2/1/13 at 5:30pm
post #1502 of 1814

how do the fxd compare to the fxt 90?

post #1503 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesoonkyu View Post

how do the fxd compare to the fxt 90?

Search this thread, there's literally tons of comparison impressions done already.

 

What's a comparable full-size headphone that has a similar sound signature to the FXD80, something that rivals its instrumental separation, high black levels and great sound stage? For a similar price as well?

post #1504 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinari-kun View Post

Search this thread, there's literally tons of comparison impressions done already.

 

What's a comparable full-size headphone that has a similar sound signature to the FXD80, something that rivals its instrumental separation, high black levels and great sound stage? For a similar price as well?

The JVC HA-S500s have a similar sound, but I think they're WAY better. They are portables, but the HM5 pads (which are over-ear) fit on them fine. These headphones are also a little cheaper than the FXD80s. The sound stage isn't as wide. It has more depth and 3Dness, and is much more intimate. The mids are also a little more forward and there is more bass.

post #1505 of 1814

I have the S500 and the FXD70 /  80 and I feel the opposite as the FXD70 is superior in sound quality to the S500 according to my ears. FXD70 is also better than the 80 with a more focused sound and less defused sound. I do however use software to make the in-ear have a better sense of space and out of head experience.

 

The difference is pretty minor though and I would be very surprised if these two didn't share the same drivers and the only different being that the FXD80 is vented creating just the type of difference I would imagine with just a tad more bass impact on the FXD70 for example. 

 

The S500 have a grainy and slightly harsher sound compared to the in-ears. 

post #1506 of 1814

I probably have about 200 or more hours on my FXD80s now. They sound insanely good and are extremely versatile. The mids have really warmed up compared to before, bass is very well pronounced but very controlled and tight. Highs are perfect and sparkly clean without being harsh at all. It's really difficult for me to describe the sound of my FXD80s as they are, one really has to listen to these to realize how great they sound.

post #1507 of 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post

I have the S500 and the FXD70 /  80 and I feel the opposite as the FXD70 is superior in sound quality to the S500 according to my ears. FXD70 is also better than the 80 with a more focused sound and less defused sound. I do however use software to make the in-ear have a better sense of space and out of head experience.

 

The difference is pretty minor though and I would be very surprised if these two didn't share the same drivers and the only different being that the FXD80 is vented creating just the type of difference I would imagine with just a tad more bass impact on the FXD70 for example. 

 

The S500 have a grainy and slightly harsher sound compared to the in-ears. 

 

 

Same thing with me, i like the 70's over the 80's and S500.

post #1508 of 1814

just received the fxd70 and burning them in now.

 

initial impression:

 

pros:

good clarity, generally not sibilant, not piercing.

very good microphonics, no wind sound, very little cable sound even though worn straight down. (should be good for train rides and noisy places)

almost no background hiss when no music is playing.
male vocals good.
 

cons:

very little, almost no midbass, subbass. (already stuffed them in as much as they can go, so there is no fit issue)

small, in your head kind of soundstage

high pitch female vocals wee bit sibilant at higher volumes.

 

would be perfect with a larger quantity bass. soundstage wise, i dont really care as much but sound quality matters.


Edited by pokpokgei - 2/8/13 at 10:43pm
post #1509 of 1814

Sounds like the FXD80 would suit you better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokpokgei View Post

just received the fxd70 and burning them in now.

 

initial impression:

 

pros:

good clarity, generally not sibilant, not piercing.

very good microphonics, no wind sound, very little cable sound even though worn straight down. (should be good for train rides and noisy places)

almost no background hiss when no music is playing.
male vocals good.
 

cons:

very little, almost no midbass, subbass. (already stuffed them in as much as they can go, so there is no fit issue)

small, in your head kind of soundstage

high pitch female vocals wee bit sibilant at higher volumes.

 

would be perfect with a larger quantity bass. soundstage wise, i dont really care as much but sound quality matters.

post #1510 of 1814

I got to try these out. I was very impressed with them. I'm not sure if theyre worth buying though. They arent expensive but for the same price I think I could get some better quality.

post #1511 of 1814
I don't think you'll find any thing better for the price biggrin.gif and yes I have got them.
post #1512 of 1814

 

Just got my FXD80's in. The metal on them is darker than I was expecting, looks really nice. They have a nice heft to them which I like also.

 

Havn't listened to them yet but I'm expecting good things! :)

post #1513 of 1814
Give them bad boy a good 300hr of burn-in using heavy bass music on full blast on repeat, they'll truely shine after. So don't be quick to judge from open box. biggrin.gif
post #1514 of 1814

since so many people claim that these carbon nanotubes require extra long burn in time, i shall burn them in for 200 hours without listening.

 

then i'll come back and judge the sound quality of my fxd70. especially the bass which seems non existent right now.


Edited by pokpokgei - 2/15/13 at 11:09am
post #1515 of 1814
The fxd70 is the mostly neutral of the group. The fxd80 are the one you should get if your looking for better sub bass smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60