Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 87

post #1291 of 1839

The 200s are pretty irresistable...but $280 USD when converted from JPY? Hmm...

post #1292 of 1839
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Now if you are going by better meaning one is more 3-D, then the D80 wins easily.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I wouldn't call the D70 better than the D80. At this point I would actually call them equals but with different sound signatures.

 

I can't decide which one to get the D70 or D80. As of right now I think I'm leaning more towards the D70. Which one would you guys recommend me on getting for primarily hip hop listening (ex: A Tribe Called Quest and etc)? At about a $20 difference between the two which one would you guys get? Thanks.

post #1293 of 1839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intake View Post



I can't decide which one to get the D70 or D80. As of right now I think I'm leaning more towards the D70. Which one would you guys recommend me on getting for primarily hip hop listening (ex: A Tribe Called Quest and etc)? At about a $20 difference between the two which one would you guys get? Thanks.

Hi intake, for hiphop i would suggest the 80's. Imo.
post #1294 of 1839
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post


Hi intake, for hiphop i would suggest the 80's. Imo.

 

Thanks for the response, just out of curiosity is there any particular reason why you think the 80's would be better for hip hop?

post #1295 of 1839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intake View Post

 

Thanks for the response, just out of curiosity is there any particular reason why you think the 80's would be better for hip hop?

I don't own the 80s but everyone says it has bigger bass/ soundstage compared to the 70s, so the 80s is direct upgrade to the FX40s. 

post #1296 of 1839
Just got my D80's in the mail yesterday. First impressions: upper-mids are slightly bumped up a bit, bass impact and sub-bass is superb, treble is crisp and delicate, really sparkles. Mids are recessed, especially going from a full-sounding very warm Sony EX500. After about 10 hours of break-in, the sound did open up a little. These CNT drivers are so fast it's unbelievable, instrumental separation is also excellent.

What does a 200hr burn-in actually do to these IEMs? I know each IEM burns-in differently to a different final sound signature, how do they sound in terms of bass mids and highs when comparing unburned to burned?
post #1297 of 1839

Got the 70's finally. Sounding good! Doing some a-b'ing between them (out of box) and the burned in Brainwavz R1's. The R1's have a lot more bass, and an overall warmer sound, but as a great man recently said, the 70's have "great clarity, transparency and a more neutral sound":

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-sony-mh1c-are-for-real-pg-283-the-sony-mdr-xb90ex-danny-bs-take-pg-182/4425#post_8830249

 

I kind of like the bassy warm "fun" sound of the R1's, and they do sound good - they remind me of my PX100-ii's. But just like how I got addicted to the mids and details of my modded ksc75's, I can see myself getting addicted to the mids and details of the 70's. It will be interesting to see how the sound changes with burn in - hopefully the treble will be tamed a bit (I never could get the treble of the fx40's tamed enough for me via burn in). So let the burn in begin!

 

Regarding the build quality, I do like the build quality of the 70's. Nice. But they sure do seem like little franken-bolts jutting out of the ears lol!

 

I am not so sure about the tips. I think the middle sized tips fit best, but they still don't feel super secure in the ears - not sure. I really like the R1's foam tips, and I liked the foam tips that came with the fx40's - I wonder why they didn't supply any with the 70's? Maybe I could find some foam tips for the 70's as well (the R1's foam tips won't fit). I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread already, so I will look (but if any of you have recommendations, let me know).

 

Anyway, I can already tell that these are pretty amazing iem's, especially for the price!

beerchug.gif

post #1298 of 1839

Get a good 60 hours burn in and you will begin to hear some significant change in 70, WAYNENUMM.  They will get better and better, I promise, and the treble should calm down some.

post #1299 of 1839
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Goodbye driver flex!

 

Stock tips vs. backwards comply t-400:

 

IMG_20120717_191511.jpg

 

 

Auvio tips vs. backwards comply t-400:

 

IMG_20120717_191606.jpg

 

 

Another Auvio vs. comply:

 

IMG_20120717_191635.jpg

 

This looks like it might work! Would these be the medium sized Comply T400 tips that I might be looking for?:

http://www.amazon.ca/Comply-Foam-T-400-Medium-Tips/dp/B002NUJ2RM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1351826830&sr=1-1

 

I can't say that I'm too impressed with that price! This is looking better:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Comply-T400-Foam-Tips-Ultimate-Ears-T-400-Medium-BLACK-/330453732152?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4cf093cb38

 

Shipping is from Toronto, so I probably wouldn't have toooo long.

 

Any other tips for the 70's that people have been happy with?

post #1300 of 1839
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Get a good 60 hours burn in and you will begin to hear some significant change in 70, WAYNENUMM.  They will get better and better, I promise, and the treble should calm down some.

 

Awesome. I had just read "200 hours" a few times, and not really relishing having to wait over a week. So 60 hours is good (but I will continue burning in those nano-tubies after that.. possibly forever lol!).

post #1301 of 1839

Radiohead's "In Rainbows" album does not suck on the 70's biggrin.gif

 

post #1302 of 1839

I'm using Ultimate Ears' silicone ear cushions and they fit perfectly. Simply took them off from my UE350s.

post #1303 of 1839
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

This looks like it might work! Would these be the medium sized Comply T400 tips that I might be looking for?:
http://www.amazon.ca/Comply-Foam-T-400-Medium-Tips/dp/B002NUJ2RM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1351826830&sr=1-1

I can't say that I'm too impressed with that price! This is looking better:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Comply-T400-Foam-Tips-Ultimate-Ears-T-400-Medium-BLACK-/330453732152?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4cf093cb38


Shipping is from Toronto, so I probably wouldn't have toooo long.

Any other tips for the 70's that people have been happy with?

You might need 500's. The 400's were quite difficult to get on.
post #1304 of 1839
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

You might need 500's. The 400's were quite difficult to get on.

Thanks gnarlsagan! I also appreciate you posting that "tips" tip and photos :-)
post #1305 of 1839

Hey what you know. It sounds like you are warming up to their sound..

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60