I'm looking for a neutral, comfortable, closed headphone to be used for music production and listening through a macbook pro and virus ti2 synthesizer. I really like the idea of the SRH 940, but I'm open to other options. Have any suggestions in the $200+ range?
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT250tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best all rounders Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest a price-range sweet spot for someone who likes the sound of HD600 Last post on 5/27/11 at 1:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphone for 500$ including shipping to Sweden Last post on 9/17/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are over-ear head phone suppose to actualy be over the ear? Last post on 9/3/13 at 2:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations on next headphone? Last post on 8/17/13 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/21/14
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
SRH 940 Alternatives
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wearing it this way looks really stupid though. Besides, it is still uncomfortable no matter what you do. This is why I got rid of mine, even though I liked how they sounded very much...
Obviously, I am willing to believe that some people don't have comfort issues with these cans, but judging by the general internet consensus, these people are in the minority.
There's definitely worse than the srh940, in term of comfort , having tried the hd25.
I find them very decent in term of comfort, I'm not sure why people are complaining.
Also modding them helps to increase comfort, although my main reason to mod them was desired sonical changes (you increase
depth of ear cup, using a rope).
beydynamics DT770 or DT880, (many pic from studios, where singer wear such headphones)
hd600 (producer steve hoffman like them, most neutral sennheiser headphone)
german maestro closed models (marketed for music production, and one of the best built quality you could find).
fostex t50p (marketed for music production, people that mod them swear it's an incredible sound for the price).
- SRH 940 Alternatives
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Soundmagic E10 as a backup for the Shure SE535 and UE900? 28 seconds ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for Schiit Bifrost 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for traditional earbuds with integrated volume control 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for Schiit Bifrost 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)