I'm looking for a neutral, comfortable, closed headphone to be used for music production and listening through a macbook pro and virus ti2 synthesizer. I really like the idea of the SRH 940, but I'm open to other options. Have any suggestions in the $200+ range?
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT250tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best all rounders Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest a price-range sweet spot for someone who likes the sound of HD600 Last post on 5/27/11 at 1:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphone for 500$ including shipping to Sweden Last post on 9/17/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are over-ear head phone suppose to actualy be over the ear? Last post on 9/3/13 at 2:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations on next headphone? Last post on 8/17/13 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
SRH 940 Alternatives
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wearing it this way looks really stupid though. Besides, it is still uncomfortable no matter what you do. This is why I got rid of mine, even though I liked how they sounded very much...
Obviously, I am willing to believe that some people don't have comfort issues with these cans, but judging by the general internet consensus, these people are in the minority.
There's definitely worse than the srh940, in term of comfort , having tried the hd25.
I find them very decent in term of comfort, I'm not sure why people are complaining.
Also modding them helps to increase comfort, although my main reason to mod them was desired sonical changes (you increase
depth of ear cup, using a rope).
beydynamics DT770 or DT880, (many pic from studios, where singer wear such headphones)
hd600 (producer steve hoffman like them, most neutral sennheiser headphone)
german maestro closed models (marketed for music production, and one of the best built quality you could find).
fostex t50p (marketed for music production, people that mod them swear it's an incredible sound for the price).
- SRH 940 Alternatives
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Denon AH-D7000 22 seconds ago
- › Need Help ... Should I get a headphone Amp with V-moda m-100 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 1 minute ago
- › My Little Pony Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-300 & EF3 Amp combo on for just $249 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso D12 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds for 60$? 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)