I'm looking for a neutral, comfortable, closed headphone to be used for music production and listening through a macbook pro and virus ti2 synthesizer. I really like the idea of the SRH 940, but I'm open to other options. Have any suggestions in the $200+ range?
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT250tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best all rounders Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest a price-range sweet spot for someone who likes the sound of HD600 Last post on 5/27/11 at 1:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can't seem to decide on a set of headphones, would like some help. Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some advice on first serious(ish) pair of headphones Last post on 5/22/14 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
SRH 940 Alternatives
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wearing it this way looks really stupid though. Besides, it is still uncomfortable no matter what you do. This is why I got rid of mine, even though I liked how they sounded very much...
Obviously, I am willing to believe that some people don't have comfort issues with these cans, but judging by the general internet consensus, these people are in the minority.
There's definitely worse than the srh940, in term of comfort , having tried the hd25.
I find them very decent in term of comfort, I'm not sure why people are complaining.
Also modding them helps to increase comfort, although my main reason to mod them was desired sonical changes (you increase
depth of ear cup, using a rope).
beydynamics DT770 or DT880, (many pic from studios, where singer wear such headphones)
hd600 (producer steve hoffman like them, most neutral sennheiser headphone)
german maestro closed models (marketed for music production, and one of the best built quality you could find).
fostex t50p (marketed for music production, people that mod them swear it's an incredible sound for the price).
- SRH 940 Alternatives
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 38 seconds ago
- › Semi-Finals: NMBR11 v. Korbe Canida [Vote and get 50% off any... 40 seconds ago
- › Help with deciding what to do!!! 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New Prima Donna cable for Roxanne custom and universal $800! 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 8 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2