I'm looking for a neutral, comfortable, closed headphone to be used for music production and listening through a macbook pro and virus ti2 synthesizer. I really like the idea of the SRH 940, but I'm open to other options. Have any suggestions in the $200+ range?
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT250tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best all rounders Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest a price-range sweet spot for someone who likes the sound of HD600 Last post on 5/27/11 at 1:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can't seem to decide on a set of headphones, would like some help. Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some advice on first serious(ish) pair of headphones Last post on 5/22/14 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
SRH 940 Alternatives
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wearing it this way looks really stupid though. Besides, it is still uncomfortable no matter what you do. This is why I got rid of mine, even though I liked how they sounded very much...
Obviously, I am willing to believe that some people don't have comfort issues with these cans, but judging by the general internet consensus, these people are in the minority.
There's definitely worse than the srh940, in term of comfort , having tried the hd25.
I find them very decent in term of comfort, I'm not sure why people are complaining.
Also modding them helps to increase comfort, although my main reason to mod them was desired sonical changes (you increase
depth of ear cup, using a rope).
beydynamics DT770 or DT880, (many pic from studios, where singer wear such headphones)
hd600 (producer steve hoffman like them, most neutral sennheiser headphone)
german maestro closed models (marketed for music production, and one of the best built quality you could find).
fostex t50p (marketed for music production, people that mod them swear it's an incredible sound for the price).
- SRH 940 Alternatives
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Lyr 2 as a pre-amp for HE-400's and Genelecs? 19 seconds ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 29 seconds ago
- › TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014) 57 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › CanJam Music Appreciation Contest 2 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Nice Darkvoice THA332 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor Full Version with upgraded USB - Price drop 6 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 - Awesome amp for planars - price drop 6 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3