Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 4/10/15 at 12:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: Yesterday
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior; Audio-Technica ATH-M50s; Audez'e LCD-2 rev.2 and the LCD-3 - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 1994/25/15 at 6:12am
I listened to the LCD 2, the LCD 3, the LCD-X and HE-560.
Coming from the HE-400, the one taht sounded best for me was the LCD 2.
This was a suprise for me as I expected the LCD 3 or LCD X to take my favorite spot.
Both LCD 2 and 3 were fazor.
So, I was listening from a Cowon i9 + burston solist (their asgard was not working).
The HE-560 sounded the most neutral in my view. I liked the fact that they simply sounded cleaner than the HE-400, and the bass was not so intrusive. It had almost verything "right". Very comftable, light, more controlled bass, cleaner highs.
I could not get focused on anything in those headphones, dont know why. It sounded as if everything was out of place. I think it might be due to not being used to that kind of sound.
The LCD-2 sounded as Id like the to sound. I tested the typica songs that should be great with LCD 2s but my surprise came when i runned classical with it. The highs were all there, and I could hear every note, but none were bothering me. I turned the volume up at far as the soloist could go, then to almost inaudible levels, and in both cases the sound was something I could really feel. But oh my god they are heavy.
I had neckpain after 30 minutes (and i use the HE-400, lol). The second thing I disliked was that I could not hear any space. It was 100% in my head sound.
In comparison the LCD-3 and LCD-X sounded more detailed, especially in the highs, but I actually did not like that.
Im still missing the HD800 and HD700, but ill have to find them somewhere else to listen to.
So far, I am not sure IF ill buy the LCD-2 if the HD700/800 turn out to be something I dont like.
They are clearly better than the HE-400, but im not sure Id pay taht much more for an increase that ID say is in the 15% range.post #198 of 1994/25/15 at 10:56pm
Amazing write up and review - thank you, OP.
Still didn't help me much decide on LCD-3 or HD-800, but it is another good reference to have when I get close to actually wanting to buy one or the other :)post #199 of 1995/9/15 at 12:23pmI've done some comparison between the LCD2 rev1,HD-25 1-II, HD650, and MDR-7550. The last three have some professional application. My background is mostly as a listener, DJ with some studio production.
All great headphones but the LCD2 outperformed them by quite margin and irrespective of genres. The HD650 was close in some cases, the LCD2 was more capable. In part of the test I isolated certain bandwidth to listen for artifacts, distortion and detail.
- Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior; Audio-Technica ATH-M50s; Audez'e LCD-2 rev.2 and the LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Review and comparison of DUNU DN-1000, DN-2000, & JVC HA-FX850 41 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG new N90Q 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Definitive technology (DefTech) symphony 1 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › HA-INFO U2 PLUS DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 brand new with box 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)