Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/27/15 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior; Audio-Technica ATH-M50s; Audez'e LCD-2 rev.2 and the LCD-3 - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2024/25/15 at 6:12am
I listened to the LCD 2, the LCD 3, the LCD-X and HE-560.
Coming from the HE-400, the one taht sounded best for me was the LCD 2.
This was a suprise for me as I expected the LCD 3 or LCD X to take my favorite spot.
Both LCD 2 and 3 were fazor.
So, I was listening from a Cowon i9 + burston solist (their asgard was not working).
The HE-560 sounded the most neutral in my view. I liked the fact that they simply sounded cleaner than the HE-400, and the bass was not so intrusive. It had almost verything "right". Very comftable, light, more controlled bass, cleaner highs.
I could not get focused on anything in those headphones, dont know why. It sounded as if everything was out of place. I think it might be due to not being used to that kind of sound.
The LCD-2 sounded as Id like the to sound. I tested the typica songs that should be great with LCD 2s but my surprise came when i runned classical with it. The highs were all there, and I could hear every note, but none were bothering me. I turned the volume up at far as the soloist could go, then to almost inaudible levels, and in both cases the sound was something I could really feel. But oh my god they are heavy.
I had neckpain after 30 minutes (and i use the HE-400, lol). The second thing I disliked was that I could not hear any space. It was 100% in my head sound.
In comparison the LCD-3 and LCD-X sounded more detailed, especially in the highs, but I actually did not like that.
Im still missing the HD800 and HD700, but ill have to find them somewhere else to listen to.
So far, I am not sure IF ill buy the LCD-2 if the HD700/800 turn out to be something I dont like.
They are clearly better than the HE-400, but im not sure Id pay taht much more for an increase that ID say is in the 15% range.post #198 of 2024/25/15 at 10:56pm
Amazing write up and review - thank you, OP.
Still didn't help me much decide on LCD-3 or HD-800, but it is another good reference to have when I get close to actually wanting to buy one or the other :)post #199 of 2025/9/15 at 12:23pmI've done some comparison between the LCD2 rev1,HD-25 1-II, HD650, and MDR-7550. The last three have some professional application. My background is mostly as a listener, DJ with some studio production.
All great headphones but the LCD2 outperformed them by quite margin and irrespective of genres. The HD650 was close in some cases, the LCD2 was more capable. In part of the test I isolated certain bandwidth to listen for artifacts, distortion and detail.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/765538/bandwidth-isolation-tests-with-lcd2-hd650-mdr7550-hd25-comparisons-and-reviewpost #200 of 2027/7/15 at 6:37pmThread StarterQuote:
Thank you. :)
These days I'm enjoying the HD 800 with the HDVD 800 when listening to music and I love it.
Also, I saw someone in my town walking with an LCD on, so I might look into another Audez'e headphone at some point.post #201 of 2027/7/15 at 6:46pmQuote:
Hah. I forgot about this thread. I ended up getting a freakishly good deal on a pair of LCD-2's, so I'm rocking them now. :)
- Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior; Audio-Technica ATH-M50s; Audez'e LCD-2 rev.2 and the LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 40 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 58 seconds ago
- › Question about self-titled The Doors album on HDTracks 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender? 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 6 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2