Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/27/15 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/14/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior; Audio-Technica ATH-M50s; Audez'e LCD-2 rev.2 and the LCD-3 - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2024/25/15 at 6:12am
I listened to the LCD 2, the LCD 3, the LCD-X and HE-560.
Coming from the HE-400, the one taht sounded best for me was the LCD 2.
This was a suprise for me as I expected the LCD 3 or LCD X to take my favorite spot.
Both LCD 2 and 3 were fazor.
So, I was listening from a Cowon i9 + burston solist (their asgard was not working).
The HE-560 sounded the most neutral in my view. I liked the fact that they simply sounded cleaner than the HE-400, and the bass was not so intrusive. It had almost verything "right". Very comftable, light, more controlled bass, cleaner highs.
I could not get focused on anything in those headphones, dont know why. It sounded as if everything was out of place. I think it might be due to not being used to that kind of sound.
The LCD-2 sounded as Id like the to sound. I tested the typica songs that should be great with LCD 2s but my surprise came when i runned classical with it. The highs were all there, and I could hear every note, but none were bothering me. I turned the volume up at far as the soloist could go, then to almost inaudible levels, and in both cases the sound was something I could really feel. But oh my god they are heavy.
I had neckpain after 30 minutes (and i use the HE-400, lol). The second thing I disliked was that I could not hear any space. It was 100% in my head sound.
In comparison the LCD-3 and LCD-X sounded more detailed, especially in the highs, but I actually did not like that.
Im still missing the HD800 and HD700, but ill have to find them somewhere else to listen to.
So far, I am not sure IF ill buy the LCD-2 if the HD700/800 turn out to be something I dont like.
They are clearly better than the HE-400, but im not sure Id pay taht much more for an increase that ID say is in the 15% range.post #198 of 2024/25/15 at 10:56pm
Amazing write up and review - thank you, OP.
Still didn't help me much decide on LCD-3 or HD-800, but it is another good reference to have when I get close to actually wanting to buy one or the other :)post #199 of 2025/9/15 at 12:23pmI've done some comparison between the LCD2 rev1,HD-25 1-II, HD650, and MDR-7550. The last three have some professional application. My background is mostly as a listener, DJ with some studio production.
All great headphones but the LCD2 outperformed them by quite margin and irrespective of genres. The HD650 was close in some cases, the LCD2 was more capable. In part of the test I isolated certain bandwidth to listen for artifacts, distortion and detail.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/765538/bandwidth-isolation-tests-with-lcd2-hd650-mdr7550-hd25-comparisons-and-reviewpost #200 of 2027/7/15 at 6:37pmThread StarterQuote:
Thank you. :)
These days I'm enjoying the HD 800 with the HDVD 800 when listening to music and I love it.
Also, I saw someone in my town walking with an LCD on, so I might look into another Audez'e headphone at some point.post #201 of 2027/7/15 at 6:46pmQuote:
Hah. I forgot about this thread. I ended up getting a freakishly good deal on a pair of LCD-2's, so I'm rocking them now. :)
- Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior; Audio-Technica ATH-M50s; Audez'e LCD-2 rev.2 and the LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Woo Audio WA2 and WA22 Comparisons...finally finished...whew. 31 seconds ago
- › Closed Headphone for $200 or less 40 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3