Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/31/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 5/31/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 4/10/15 at 12:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior; Audio-Technica ATH-M50s; Audez'e LCD-2 rev.2 and the LCD-3 - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 1994/25/15 at 6:12am
I listened to the LCD 2, the LCD 3, the LCD-X and HE-560.
Coming from the HE-400, the one taht sounded best for me was the LCD 2.
This was a suprise for me as I expected the LCD 3 or LCD X to take my favorite spot.
Both LCD 2 and 3 were fazor.
So, I was listening from a Cowon i9 + burston solist (their asgard was not working).
The HE-560 sounded the most neutral in my view. I liked the fact that they simply sounded cleaner than the HE-400, and the bass was not so intrusive. It had almost verything "right". Very comftable, light, more controlled bass, cleaner highs.
I could not get focused on anything in those headphones, dont know why. It sounded as if everything was out of place. I think it might be due to not being used to that kind of sound.
The LCD-2 sounded as Id like the to sound. I tested the typica songs that should be great with LCD 2s but my surprise came when i runned classical with it. The highs were all there, and I could hear every note, but none were bothering me. I turned the volume up at far as the soloist could go, then to almost inaudible levels, and in both cases the sound was something I could really feel. But oh my god they are heavy.
I had neckpain after 30 minutes (and i use the HE-400, lol). The second thing I disliked was that I could not hear any space. It was 100% in my head sound.
In comparison the LCD-3 and LCD-X sounded more detailed, especially in the highs, but I actually did not like that.
Im still missing the HD800 and HD700, but ill have to find them somewhere else to listen to.
So far, I am not sure IF ill buy the LCD-2 if the HD700/800 turn out to be something I dont like.
They are clearly better than the HE-400, but im not sure Id pay taht much more for an increase that ID say is in the 15% range.post #198 of 1994/25/15 at 10:56pm
Amazing write up and review - thank you, OP.
Still didn't help me much decide on LCD-3 or HD-800, but it is another good reference to have when I get close to actually wanting to buy one or the other :)post #199 of 1995/9/15 at 12:23pmI've done some comparison between the LCD2 rev1,HD-25 1-II, HD650, and MDR-7550. The last three have some professional application. My background is mostly as a listener, DJ with some studio production.
All great headphones but the LCD2 outperformed them by quite margin and irrespective of genres. The HD650 was close in some cases, the LCD2 was more capable. In part of the test I isolated certain bandwidth to listen for artifacts, distortion and detail.
- Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior; Audio-Technica ATH-M50s; Audez'e LCD-2 rev.2 and the LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 11 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 59 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern - Scamming Me? 1 minute ago
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FS/IC: Zune HD 64gb (black/special edition) + Accessories 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2