Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
- Headphone Impedance
Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier - Page 25
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Having owned both the CV-181 and the Tungsol, as pictured, the CV181 was clearly superior in Bass, clarity, dynamics etc. Just a whole lot bigger sound like the tube.
If the Electra can provide the current draw, the CV 181 is a way better choice. But be forewarned because of the excessive current draw it is not a direct replacement. Here is some more info
Out of production.
I could probably send them out to you if you want to try them. I will have to look for them tho, they are stashed somewhere.
For those not familiar, CV181's are the same as the ECC32's I mentioned earlier in the thread and the same advice from Craig would apply.
Received your PM about having received your amp... how do your Stax amps compare??
Initial impressions with stock tubes are that the Electra has more dynamics and better bass reproduction than the Transistor amp which sounds slightly flat and un-engaging in comparison - something I've never experienced when listening to the amp alone. With the transistor amp the sound stage is wider, and due to this it feels like there's a more distinct left, right and center - hopefully a better set of tubes will widen the sound stage on the electra. I'm also finding the stock tubes quite bright as others have mentioned.
Edited by Caution - 7/17/13 at 5:58am
- Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 39 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam Music Appreciation Contest 4 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 5 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3