Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier - Page 15post #211 of 44911/7/12 at 6:20am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #212 of 44911/11/12 at 6:39pmpost #213 of 44911/19/12 at 1:38pmpost #214 of 44911/19/12 at 1:49pmpost #215 of 44912/13/12 at 11:18pmpost #216 of 44912/28/12 at 8:50ampost #217 of 44912/28/12 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #218 of 44912/28/12 at 9:22am
Placed my order before realizing - the $3500 price includes all 8 tubes (albeit not super NOS tubes, modern Mullard EL34's and Tung Sol 6SN7's.) That is really cool. I like him going with custom black sockets as well. Pro bias on one jack, second jack can be customized to any bias. It appears if you don't specify you get an STD.post #219 of 44912/28/12 at 10:20ampost #220 of 44912/28/12 at 10:22ampost #221 of 44912/28/12 at 10:27ampost #222 of 44912/28/12 at 10:39amQuote:Originally Posted by Radio_head
Placed my order before realizing - the $3500 price includes all 8 tubes (albeit not super NOS tubes, modern Mullard EL34's and Tung Sol 6SN7's.) That is really cool. I like him going with custom black sockets as well. Pro bias on one jack, second jack can be customized to any bias. It appears if you don't specify you get an STD.
What voltage did you guys specify for the second jack? 500v?post #223 of 44912/28/12 at 10:44ampost #224 of 44912/28/12 at 10:50am
I'm still debating, depends on if I take the full-on crazy plunge and go for an HE-90. I think I'll just end up going with something like 620 for the Koss headphones which are rumored to be truly amazing with the Electra. If I manage to find some Jades or buy HE-90's in the future I'll send it back to Craig and have him adjust it for them, he's generally pretty good with that.
Edit - it turns out I may not be able to do that. Transformers are wound for specific voltages and can't do 620 from what I hear.
Edited by Radio_head - 12/28/12 at 1:10pm
- Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 6 minutes ago
- › Goosebump Songs 9 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear