Anyone compared the Electra to a KGSS?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
- Headphone Impedance
Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier - Page 13
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Pretty sure the differences between the EH-1.2 --> EH-1.3 --> EH-1.2b --> Jade are mostly changes to the build to improve durability. I have the 1.2b and Jade, and sonically they're the same to my ears.
And both still have crackling stators... : (
For me, the 007t/ii amp cures the brightness of the SR009s nicely and makes them sound nicely balanced and great overall, with a definitely audible tubey signature (which I personally crave), living up the the hype for these phones.
I've suggest this before around here, but I think anyone who is having brightness trouble with the 009s should really audition the Stax amp (the 007t/ii).
Nice listenable bass, tube-bloomy (but not over-plumped or flat, just right) mids, sweet highs.
I'm really liking these phones now, and they are getting a lot of listening time in my collection.
As a long-term former owner of the Omega 1 phones with the original 007t amp (all from 1999), the 009/007t-ii combo sound like a better-in-all-ways version of the original Omega system ,
with the same signature but with more realism, transparency, liquidity, staging, dynamics, image definition, and punch.
Edited by rgs9200m - 8/22/12 at 6:51am
Might be possible....need to talk to Craigy Weggy and see about this mini-meet dealio.
Just the WES. I'm not disparaging the amps I did not hear, I'm just suggesting that others (noting that some have reported brightness, including Jude in his early video review) give it a try, especially since it's about half the cost of alternative amps.
This amp sounded great at the SoCal meet and would be the Electrostatic amp that I would be interested in...not "too lush" but not as precise and clear as the T2 DIY.
Fantastic balance-point that I would want to spend more time with and also see how many phones sounded great with it!
Absolutely not. The trade-off in gain is not worth the compromised bandwidth according to Craig.
I don't know how you get that because my rebuilt es1 has 54 db of gain
and with 6sl7's the frequency response is absolutely flat from 20hz to
well past 40khz. With about 6db of feedback.
Well Craig didn't build an ES1.
"using 6SN7 tubes in the Electra the gain is 54dB, and the bandwidth is 10Hz to 60kHz. With 6SL7 tubes the bandwidth drops to 22kHz, but the gain goes up. That was before we switched to transformer coupling on the input stage, now the 6SL7 will not work there. Completely different amps."
- Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › First Post! Looking to get my feet wet in PC audio just now
- › Sennheiser Game One vs Audio Technical ADG1? just now
- › IE 60 or SE215 or Ostry KC06(a) 7 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 27 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 56 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 - One Day Old 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)