Anyone compared the Electra to a KGSS?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
- Headphone Impedance
Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier - Page 13
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Pretty sure the differences between the EH-1.2 --> EH-1.3 --> EH-1.2b --> Jade are mostly changes to the build to improve durability. I have the 1.2b and Jade, and sonically they're the same to my ears.
And both still have crackling stators... : (
For me, the 007t/ii amp cures the brightness of the SR009s nicely and makes them sound nicely balanced and great overall, with a definitely audible tubey signature (which I personally crave), living up the the hype for these phones.
I've suggest this before around here, but I think anyone who is having brightness trouble with the 009s should really audition the Stax amp (the 007t/ii).
Nice listenable bass, tube-bloomy (but not over-plumped or flat, just right) mids, sweet highs.
I'm really liking these phones now, and they are getting a lot of listening time in my collection.
As a long-term former owner of the Omega 1 phones with the original 007t amp (all from 1999), the 009/007t-ii combo sound like a better-in-all-ways version of the original Omega system ,
with the same signature but with more realism, transparency, liquidity, staging, dynamics, image definition, and punch.
Edited by rgs9200m - 8/22/12 at 6:51am
Might be possible....need to talk to Craigy Weggy and see about this mini-meet dealio.
Just the WES. I'm not disparaging the amps I did not hear, I'm just suggesting that others (noting that some have reported brightness, including Jude in his early video review) give it a try, especially since it's about half the cost of alternative amps.
This amp sounded great at the SoCal meet and would be the Electrostatic amp that I would be interested in...not "too lush" but not as precise and clear as the T2 DIY.
Fantastic balance-point that I would want to spend more time with and also see how many phones sounded great with it!
Absolutely not. The trade-off in gain is not worth the compromised bandwidth according to Craig.
I don't know how you get that because my rebuilt es1 has 54 db of gain
and with 6sl7's the frequency response is absolutely flat from 20hz to
well past 40khz. With about 6db of feedback.
Well Craig didn't build an ES1.
"using 6SN7 tubes in the Electra the gain is 54dB, and the bandwidth is 10Hz to 60kHz. With 6SL7 tubes the bandwidth drops to 22kHz, but the gain goes up. That was before we switched to transformer coupling on the input stage, now the 6SL7 will not work there. Completely different amps."
- Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 44 seconds ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Unmodded teradak v3.1d vs modded dac-ah 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 2 minutes ago
- › Are USB dropouts / disconnects normal? 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2