Anyone compared the Electra to a KGSS?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
- Headphone Impedance
Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier - Page 13
Pretty sure the differences between the EH-1.2 --> EH-1.3 --> EH-1.2b --> Jade are mostly changes to the build to improve durability. I have the 1.2b and Jade, and sonically they're the same to my ears.
And both still have crackling stators... : (
For me, the 007t/ii amp cures the brightness of the SR009s nicely and makes them sound nicely balanced and great overall, with a definitely audible tubey signature (which I personally crave), living up the the hype for these phones.
I've suggest this before around here, but I think anyone who is having brightness trouble with the 009s should really audition the Stax amp (the 007t/ii).
Nice listenable bass, tube-bloomy (but not over-plumped or flat, just right) mids, sweet highs.
I'm really liking these phones now, and they are getting a lot of listening time in my collection.
As a long-term former owner of the Omega 1 phones with the original 007t amp (all from 1999), the 009/007t-ii combo sound like a better-in-all-ways version of the original Omega system ,
with the same signature but with more realism, transparency, liquidity, staging, dynamics, image definition, and punch.
Edited by rgs9200m - 8/22/12 at 6:51am
Might be possible....need to talk to Craigy Weggy and see about this mini-meet dealio.
Just the WES. I'm not disparaging the amps I did not hear, I'm just suggesting that others (noting that some have reported brightness, including Jude in his early video review) give it a try, especially since it's about half the cost of alternative amps.
This amp sounded great at the SoCal meet and would be the Electrostatic amp that I would be interested in...not "too lush" but not as precise and clear as the T2 DIY.
Fantastic balance-point that I would want to spend more time with and also see how many phones sounded great with it!
Absolutely not. The trade-off in gain is not worth the compromised bandwidth according to Craig.
I don't know how you get that because my rebuilt es1 has 54 db of gain
and with 6sl7's the frequency response is absolutely flat from 20hz to
well past 40khz. With about 6db of feedback.
Well Craig didn't build an ES1.
"using 6SN7 tubes in the Electra the gain is 54dB, and the bandwidth is 10Hz to 60kHz. With 6SL7 tubes the bandwidth drops to 22kHz, but the gain goes up. That was before we switched to transformer coupling on the input stage, now the 6SL7 will not work there. Completely different amps."
- Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 3 minutes ago
- › $500 DAC; Shciit Biforst Uber upgrade or Audio-GD NFB 3 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)