Anyone compared the Electra to a KGSS?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 10/4/14 at 4:50am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Headphone Impedance
Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier - Page 13
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Pretty sure the differences between the EH-1.2 --> EH-1.3 --> EH-1.2b --> Jade are mostly changes to the build to improve durability. I have the 1.2b and Jade, and sonically they're the same to my ears.
And both still have crackling stators... : (
For me, the 007t/ii amp cures the brightness of the SR009s nicely and makes them sound nicely balanced and great overall, with a definitely audible tubey signature (which I personally crave), living up the the hype for these phones.
I've suggest this before around here, but I think anyone who is having brightness trouble with the 009s should really audition the Stax amp (the 007t/ii).
Nice listenable bass, tube-bloomy (but not over-plumped or flat, just right) mids, sweet highs.
I'm really liking these phones now, and they are getting a lot of listening time in my collection.
As a long-term former owner of the Omega 1 phones with the original 007t amp (all from 1999), the 009/007t-ii combo sound like a better-in-all-ways version of the original Omega system ,
with the same signature but with more realism, transparency, liquidity, staging, dynamics, image definition, and punch.
Edited by rgs9200m - 8/22/12 at 6:51am
Might be possible....need to talk to Craigy Weggy and see about this mini-meet dealio.
Just the WES. I'm not disparaging the amps I did not hear, I'm just suggesting that others (noting that some have reported brightness, including Jude in his early video review) give it a try, especially since it's about half the cost of alternative amps.
This amp sounded great at the SoCal meet and would be the Electrostatic amp that I would be interested in...not "too lush" but not as precise and clear as the T2 DIY.
Fantastic balance-point that I would want to spend more time with and also see how many phones sounded great with it!
Absolutely not. The trade-off in gain is not worth the compromised bandwidth according to Craig.
I don't know how you get that because my rebuilt es1 has 54 db of gain
and with 6sl7's the frequency response is absolutely flat from 20hz to
well past 40khz. With about 6db of feedback.
Well Craig didn't build an ES1.
"using 6SN7 tubes in the Electra the gain is 54dB, and the bandwidth is 10Hz to 60kHz. With 6SL7 tubes the bandwidth drops to 22kHz, but the gain goes up. That was before we switched to transformer coupling on the input stage, now the 6SL7 will not work there. Completely different amps."
- Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 19 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › What pisses you off while you listening music? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro Without Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 5 minutes ago
- › do WOMEN like HEAD-FI?? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › ___*****AKG K612 in Excellent Condition, Terrific Performance and... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)