Yes, they haven't exactly been forthcoming with details about timing and release.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/31/12
- productDenon AH-C400tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 &... Last post on 3/20/15 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help me choose, before I go insane Last post on 9/6/11 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG or Denon for bass? Last post on 6/30/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 8:02 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! - Page 49post #721 of 9037/26/12 at 1:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 9037/26/12 at 5:25pm
I realy like to know if this model ( D600) is better than D5000.
This model is so ugly =( .
But D7100 is beautiful.
One video D600, I do not know if you saw.post #723 of 9037/27/12 at 4:39am
TBH they dont look that bad.... Could be better but both the D600 and D7100 are alright IMO... The other models such as the urban raver look horrible though. I did prefer the older ones though but the new ones arent too bad.
When is the release date on these I really need to try thempost #724 of 9037/29/12 at 4:20ampost #725 of 9037/29/12 at 5:41ampost #726 of 9037/29/12 at 7:36ampost #727 of 9037/29/12 at 7:55ampost #728 of 9037/29/12 at 8:01ampost #729 of 9037/29/12 at 9:00ampost #730 of 9037/29/12 at 2:31pmpost #731 of 9037/29/12 at 4:02pmpost #732 of 9037/29/12 at 4:30pmpost #733 of 9037/29/12 at 4:32pmQuote:
I'm having the same worry, but mirrored.
While I like having a flat EQ, I don't want it to be completely analytical. I also don't want the D400's to be bass-monsters with no other strengths, considering they're advertising them as having amazing bass, not advertising much else.post #734 of 9037/29/12 at 4:34pmpost #735 of 9037/29/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition
I'm having the same worry, but mirrored.
While I like having a flat EQ, I don't want it to be completely analytical. I also don't want the D400's to be bass-monsters with no other strengths, considering they're advertising them as having amazing bass, not advertising much else.
It sounds like the D400 is only a bass monster with the amp on. Unfortunately, they are 64 ohm, so they will likely need some type of amp to sound their best if not using the built-in amp or if battery dies. Also, since the D400 is $100 less than the D600 and includes all the electronic bells and whistles, I'm thinking they cut corners on the drivers in the D400 compared to the D600. In the video for the D400, there is no mention of the "free form" driver that is included in the Music Maniac line. I am also not ruling out the in-ear Urban Ravers that are unamped, seem to have some new technology for extra clean bass and, one of my favorite features, a special design for a secure fit and seal.
The delays on the M-100 release are more than irritating at this point (from July 4th weekend to later in July to August 8th to.........) and Denon seems to have a set release plan, already with flagship pictures here and lots of online info available from the manufacturer on their entire line- specs, detailed descriptions, pictures and video (more action, less talk). I have heard possible release dates of August 3rd thrown around, but I would consider any time in August reasonable based on how they have carefully (and considerately) disseminated information.
Edited by Craigster75 - 7/29/12 at 5:53pm
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 59 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Portable DAC/AMP or Player? (Fiio X5 vs FiiO E17k) 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 4 minutes ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 4 minutes ago
- › KEF M500 versus Martin Logan Mikros 90 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2