Yes, they haven't exactly been forthcoming with details about timing and release.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/31/12
- productDenon AH-C400tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 &... Last post on 9/7/14 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help me choose, before I go insane Last post on 9/6/11 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG or Denon for bass? Last post on 6/30/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Toys for Boys Last post on 9/8/14 at 4:16pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! - Page 49post #721 of 9037/26/12 at 1:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 9037/26/12 at 5:25pm
I realy like to know if this model ( D600) is better than D5000.
This model is so ugly =( .
But D7100 is beautiful.
One video D600, I do not know if you saw.post #723 of 9037/27/12 at 4:39am
TBH they dont look that bad.... Could be better but both the D600 and D7100 are alright IMO... The other models such as the urban raver look horrible though. I did prefer the older ones though but the new ones arent too bad.
When is the release date on these I really need to try thempost #724 of 9037/29/12 at 4:20ampost #725 of 9037/29/12 at 5:41ampost #726 of 9037/29/12 at 7:36ampost #727 of 9037/29/12 at 7:55ampost #728 of 9037/29/12 at 8:01ampost #729 of 9037/29/12 at 9:00ampost #730 of 9037/29/12 at 2:31pmpost #731 of 9037/29/12 at 4:02pmpost #732 of 9037/29/12 at 4:30pmpost #733 of 9037/29/12 at 4:32pmQuote:
I'm having the same worry, but mirrored.
While I like having a flat EQ, I don't want it to be completely analytical. I also don't want the D400's to be bass-monsters with no other strengths, considering they're advertising them as having amazing bass, not advertising much else.post #734 of 9037/29/12 at 4:34pmpost #735 of 9037/29/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition
I'm having the same worry, but mirrored.
While I like having a flat EQ, I don't want it to be completely analytical. I also don't want the D400's to be bass-monsters with no other strengths, considering they're advertising them as having amazing bass, not advertising much else.
It sounds like the D400 is only a bass monster with the amp on. Unfortunately, they are 64 ohm, so they will likely need some type of amp to sound their best if not using the built-in amp or if battery dies. Also, since the D400 is $100 less than the D600 and includes all the electronic bells and whistles, I'm thinking they cut corners on the drivers in the D400 compared to the D600. In the video for the D400, there is no mention of the "free form" driver that is included in the Music Maniac line. I am also not ruling out the in-ear Urban Ravers that are unamped, seem to have some new technology for extra clean bass and, one of my favorite features, a special design for a secure fit and seal.
The delays on the M-100 release are more than irritating at this point (from July 4th weekend to later in July to August 8th to.........) and Denon seems to have a set release plan, already with flagship pictures here and lots of online info available from the manufacturer on their entire line- specs, detailed descriptions, pictures and video (more action, less talk). I have heard possible release dates of August 3rd thrown around, but I would consider any time in August reasonable based on how they have carefully (and considerately) disseminated information.
Edited by Craigster75 - 7/29/12 at 5:53pm
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 35 seconds ago
- › Destiny 44 seconds ago
- › What are good over ear headphones for electronic music and nice... 54 seconds ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 2 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)