Yes, they haven't exactly been forthcoming with details about timing and release.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/31/12
- productDenon AH-C400tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 &... Last post on 11/13/14 at 1:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help me choose, before I go insane Last post on 9/6/11 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG or Denon for bass? Last post on 6/30/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! - Page 49post #721 of 9037/26/12 at 1:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 9037/26/12 at 5:25pm
I realy like to know if this model ( D600) is better than D5000.
This model is so ugly =( .
But D7100 is beautiful.
One video D600, I do not know if you saw.post #723 of 9037/27/12 at 4:39am
TBH they dont look that bad.... Could be better but both the D600 and D7100 are alright IMO... The other models such as the urban raver look horrible though. I did prefer the older ones though but the new ones arent too bad.
When is the release date on these I really need to try thempost #724 of 9037/29/12 at 4:20ampost #725 of 9037/29/12 at 5:41ampost #726 of 9037/29/12 at 7:36ampost #727 of 9037/29/12 at 7:55ampost #728 of 9037/29/12 at 8:01ampost #729 of 9037/29/12 at 9:00ampost #730 of 9037/29/12 at 2:31pmpost #731 of 9037/29/12 at 4:02pmpost #732 of 9037/29/12 at 4:30pmpost #733 of 9037/29/12 at 4:32pmQuote:
I'm having the same worry, but mirrored.
While I like having a flat EQ, I don't want it to be completely analytical. I also don't want the D400's to be bass-monsters with no other strengths, considering they're advertising them as having amazing bass, not advertising much else.post #734 of 9037/29/12 at 4:34pmpost #735 of 9037/29/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition
I'm having the same worry, but mirrored.
While I like having a flat EQ, I don't want it to be completely analytical. I also don't want the D400's to be bass-monsters with no other strengths, considering they're advertising them as having amazing bass, not advertising much else.
It sounds like the D400 is only a bass monster with the amp on. Unfortunately, they are 64 ohm, so they will likely need some type of amp to sound their best if not using the built-in amp or if battery dies. Also, since the D400 is $100 less than the D600 and includes all the electronic bells and whistles, I'm thinking they cut corners on the drivers in the D400 compared to the D600. In the video for the D400, there is no mention of the "free form" driver that is included in the Music Maniac line. I am also not ruling out the in-ear Urban Ravers that are unamped, seem to have some new technology for extra clean bass and, one of my favorite features, a special design for a secure fit and seal.
The delays on the M-100 release are more than irritating at this point (from July 4th weekend to later in July to August 8th to.........) and Denon seems to have a set release plan, already with flagship pictures here and lots of online info available from the manufacturer on their entire line- specs, detailed descriptions, pictures and video (more action, less talk). I have heard possible release dates of August 3rd thrown around, but I would consider any time in August reasonable based on how they have carefully (and considerately) disseminated information.
Edited by Craigster75 - 7/29/12 at 5:53pm
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cardas A8 IEM 11 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Studio monitoring with the Ultrasone Signature Pro Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Meier Audio Corda JAZZ 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2