- 299 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: New Jersey, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading my current system Last post on 10/12/11 at 2:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III slight channel imbalance Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for Sennheiser HD 600 and Arcam Alpha 8 se Last post on 3/21/11 at 3:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a < 200 dollar amp recommendation Last post on 10/21/12 at 8:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
how good does the "little dot mk3" perform?post #1 of 245/28/12 at 6:57pmThread StarterI would like to purchase the little dot, because it's a tube amp....but would like to know how it performs, and if I can purchase it somewhere, other than Ebay....thanks a bunch!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 245/30/12 at 11:30ampost #3 of 245/30/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #4 of 245/30/12 at 11:40amThread Starterpost #5 of 245/30/12 at 11:43am
Well i had that combination for a while before i purchased the Lcd-2. And i would say that it is a great match. For it's price point IMO it's hard to find a better amp.
Not that hard. Just email David, pay with paypal. And thats it. Wait that courier brings the amp to your home door :Dpost #6 of 245/30/12 at 12:53pm
I ordered directly from little dot without issue, unless you take issue with them doing the quality check before shipping. Great entry level tube amp, though I have a little buyer's remorse now that I'm using it with my newly acquired Hifiman 500. Not quite the electric juice, though it could be the break in period. Not quite sure.post #7 of 245/30/12 at 12:59pmThread StarterThe only problem I have is, there's no phone number! I mean, how do they know where to send them! And also, how do they bill me? They said they use pay pal....but, how would they know how to bill me and all....makes no sense...I rather go through Ebay, from the same guy from the website you mentioned....post #8 of 246/5/12 at 4:57pmpost #9 of 246/5/12 at 5:00pm
I bought both a Mk IV and a Mk V several years ago. The Mk IV arrived with tubes installed and broken; however David quickly shipped replacement tubes. I could not really understand why they would ship the tubes installed, given that a slight jostling would cause the tubes to impact the metal housing.post #10 of 246/5/12 at 5:02pmpost #11 of 246/5/12 at 5:06pmThread Starterpost #12 of 246/5/12 at 8:18pm
Well, David seems to be very convinced about shipping the tubes installed. He told me that doing so resulted in less breakage. As an engineer myself...that does not seem very logical. If I were to order again, I would insist that he wrap the tubes in cotton, cloth, newspaper, or something soft before inserting into the amp. His is obviously a very small operation and he could, and I am sure would, do that. He is very resposonsive, by the way...just a bit defensive in my experience.post #13 of 246/5/12 at 8:22pm
Forgive the cultural generalization here, but a characteristic of the Chinese/Asian psyche seems to be the "saving face" thing...not to be "wrong." And the flip side of that is a cultural taboo against forcing people into a corner to cause them to have to admit to being "wrong."post #14 of 246/5/12 at 8:23pmpost #15 of 246/7/12 at 6:09pmThread Starterthat's a good idea...will do! And believe me, I've got my blue dragon v3 headphone cable, with my sennheiser hd650's, and my setup sounds awesome! Can't wait to get the little dot mk3:D
- how good does the "little dot mk3" perform?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 14 seconds ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 24 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2