- 232 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading my current system Last post on 10/12/11 at 2:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III slight channel imbalance Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for Sennheiser HD 600 and Arcam Alpha 8 se Last post on 3/21/11 at 3:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a < 200 dollar amp recommendation Last post on 10/21/12 at 8:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these at less than half retail on a whim from Audio Advisor, looking to replace my aging Sennheiser HD 580's. Look at the picture...these are VERY NICELY made headphones! All aluminum...
The HM5 Velours are quite simply, an uber-comfortable pad for HM5/Shure/Beyer/ATH/(most large circumaural headphones). I was offered a review sample from Brainwavz and have the following to say...
Almost 2 months with these gems. I simply love these IEMs. I paired them against my Shure SE215 and the Havi B3 Pro 1 and I briefly pit them against the UE700s and Klipsch S4II. I am definitely no...
This is my first proper set of over ears, and I'm quite surprised! The bass is fast, punchy and has enough weight to satisfy the slight basshead in me. The treble is a bit laid back for me, and I...
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
how good does the "little dot mk3" perform?post #1 of 245/28/12 at 6:57pmThread StarterI would like to purchase the little dot, because it's a tube amp....but would like to know how it performs, and if I can purchase it somewhere, other than Ebay....thanks a bunch!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 245/30/12 at 11:30ampost #3 of 245/30/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #4 of 245/30/12 at 11:40amThread Starterpost #5 of 245/30/12 at 11:43am
Well i had that combination for a while before i purchased the Lcd-2. And i would say that it is a great match. For it's price point IMO it's hard to find a better amp.
Not that hard. Just email David, pay with paypal. And thats it. Wait that courier brings the amp to your home door :Dpost #6 of 245/30/12 at 12:53pm
I ordered directly from little dot without issue, unless you take issue with them doing the quality check before shipping. Great entry level tube amp, though I have a little buyer's remorse now that I'm using it with my newly acquired Hifiman 500. Not quite the electric juice, though it could be the break in period. Not quite sure.post #7 of 245/30/12 at 12:59pmThread StarterThe only problem I have is, there's no phone number! I mean, how do they know where to send them! And also, how do they bill me? They said they use pay pal....but, how would they know how to bill me and all....makes no sense...I rather go through Ebay, from the same guy from the website you mentioned....post #8 of 246/5/12 at 4:57pmpost #9 of 246/5/12 at 5:00pm
I bought both a Mk IV and a Mk V several years ago. The Mk IV arrived with tubes installed and broken; however David quickly shipped replacement tubes. I could not really understand why they would ship the tubes installed, given that a slight jostling would cause the tubes to impact the metal housing.post #10 of 246/5/12 at 5:02pmpost #11 of 246/5/12 at 5:06pmThread Starterpost #12 of 246/5/12 at 8:18pm
Well, David seems to be very convinced about shipping the tubes installed. He told me that doing so resulted in less breakage. As an engineer myself...that does not seem very logical. If I were to order again, I would insist that he wrap the tubes in cotton, cloth, newspaper, or something soft before inserting into the amp. His is obviously a very small operation and he could, and I am sure would, do that. He is very resposonsive, by the way...just a bit defensive in my experience.post #13 of 246/5/12 at 8:22pm
Forgive the cultural generalization here, but a characteristic of the Chinese/Asian psyche seems to be the "saving face" thing...not to be "wrong." And the flip side of that is a cultural taboo against forcing people into a corner to cause them to have to admit to being "wrong."post #14 of 246/5/12 at 8:23pmpost #15 of 246/7/12 at 6:09pmThread Starter
- how good does the "little dot mk3" perform?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › [IC] Bryston BDA-2 Silver 29 seconds ago
- › New se846 owner wants a DAP with sound signature similar to... 48 seconds ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 2 minutes ago
- › [IC] Bryston BDA-2 Silver 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 vs Sennheiser hd 598 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-300 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by JoeDoe
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)