- 316 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: New Jersey, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading my current system Last post on 10/12/11 at 2:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III slight channel imbalance Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for Sennheiser HD 600 and Arcam Alpha 8 se Last post on 3/21/11 at 3:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a < 200 dollar amp recommendation Last post on 10/21/12 at 8:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
how good does the "little dot mk3" perform?post #1 of 245/28/12 at 6:57pmThread StarterI would like to purchase the little dot, because it's a tube amp....but would like to know how it performs, and if I can purchase it somewhere, other than Ebay....thanks a bunch!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 245/30/12 at 11:30ampost #3 of 245/30/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #4 of 245/30/12 at 11:40amThread Starterpost #5 of 245/30/12 at 11:43am
Well i had that combination for a while before i purchased the Lcd-2. And i would say that it is a great match. For it's price point IMO it's hard to find a better amp.
Not that hard. Just email David, pay with paypal. And thats it. Wait that courier brings the amp to your home door :Dpost #6 of 245/30/12 at 12:53pm
I ordered directly from little dot without issue, unless you take issue with them doing the quality check before shipping. Great entry level tube amp, though I have a little buyer's remorse now that I'm using it with my newly acquired Hifiman 500. Not quite the electric juice, though it could be the break in period. Not quite sure.post #7 of 245/30/12 at 12:59pmThread StarterThe only problem I have is, there's no phone number! I mean, how do they know where to send them! And also, how do they bill me? They said they use pay pal....but, how would they know how to bill me and all....makes no sense...I rather go through Ebay, from the same guy from the website you mentioned....post #8 of 246/5/12 at 4:57pmpost #9 of 246/5/12 at 5:00pm
I bought both a Mk IV and a Mk V several years ago. The Mk IV arrived with tubes installed and broken; however David quickly shipped replacement tubes. I could not really understand why they would ship the tubes installed, given that a slight jostling would cause the tubes to impact the metal housing.post #10 of 246/5/12 at 5:02pmpost #11 of 246/5/12 at 5:06pmThread Starterpost #12 of 246/5/12 at 8:18pm
Well, David seems to be very convinced about shipping the tubes installed. He told me that doing so resulted in less breakage. As an engineer myself...that does not seem very logical. If I were to order again, I would insist that he wrap the tubes in cotton, cloth, newspaper, or something soft before inserting into the amp. His is obviously a very small operation and he could, and I am sure would, do that. He is very resposonsive, by the way...just a bit defensive in my experience.post #13 of 246/5/12 at 8:22pm
Forgive the cultural generalization here, but a characteristic of the Chinese/Asian psyche seems to be the "saving face" thing...not to be "wrong." And the flip side of that is a cultural taboo against forcing people into a corner to cause them to have to admit to being "wrong."post #14 of 246/5/12 at 8:23pmpost #15 of 246/7/12 at 6:09pmThread Starterthat's a good idea...will do! And believe me, I've got my blue dragon v3 headphone cable, with my sennheiser hd650's, and my setup sounds awesome! Can't wait to get the little dot mk3:D
- how good does the "little dot mk3" perform?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 59 seconds ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 6 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › AKG k702's and "lack of bass". 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Alchemy DDP-1 (And Other Products) 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 9 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 10 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...