- 168 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading my current system Last post on 10/12/11 at 2:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III slight channel imbalance Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for Sennheiser HD 600 and Arcam Alpha 8 se Last post on 3/21/11 at 3:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a < 200 dollar amp recommendation Last post on 10/21/12 at 8:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
how good does the "little dot mk3" perform?post #1 of 245/28/12 at 6:57pmThread StarterI would like to purchase the little dot, because it's a tube amp....but would like to know how it performs, and if I can purchase it somewhere, other than Ebay....thanks a bunch!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 245/30/12 at 11:30ampost #3 of 245/30/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #4 of 245/30/12 at 11:40amThread Starterpost #5 of 245/30/12 at 11:43am
Well i had that combination for a while before i purchased the Lcd-2. And i would say that it is a great match. For it's price point IMO it's hard to find a better amp.
Not that hard. Just email David, pay with paypal. And thats it. Wait that courier brings the amp to your home door :Dpost #6 of 245/30/12 at 12:53pm
I ordered directly from little dot without issue, unless you take issue with them doing the quality check before shipping. Great entry level tube amp, though I have a little buyer's remorse now that I'm using it with my newly acquired Hifiman 500. Not quite the electric juice, though it could be the break in period. Not quite sure.post #7 of 245/30/12 at 12:59pmThread StarterThe only problem I have is, there's no phone number! I mean, how do they know where to send them! And also, how do they bill me? They said they use pay pal....but, how would they know how to bill me and all....makes no sense...I rather go through Ebay, from the same guy from the website you mentioned....post #8 of 246/5/12 at 4:57pmpost #9 of 246/5/12 at 5:00pm
I bought both a Mk IV and a Mk V several years ago. The Mk IV arrived with tubes installed and broken; however David quickly shipped replacement tubes. I could not really understand why they would ship the tubes installed, given that a slight jostling would cause the tubes to impact the metal housing.post #10 of 246/5/12 at 5:02pmpost #11 of 246/5/12 at 5:06pmThread Starterpost #12 of 246/5/12 at 8:18pm
Well, David seems to be very convinced about shipping the tubes installed. He told me that doing so resulted in less breakage. As an engineer myself...that does not seem very logical. If I were to order again, I would insist that he wrap the tubes in cotton, cloth, newspaper, or something soft before inserting into the amp. His is obviously a very small operation and he could, and I am sure would, do that. He is very resposonsive, by the way...just a bit defensive in my experience.post #13 of 246/5/12 at 8:22pm
Forgive the cultural generalization here, but a characteristic of the Chinese/Asian psyche seems to be the "saving face" thing...not to be "wrong." And the flip side of that is a cultural taboo against forcing people into a corner to cause them to have to admit to being "wrong."post #14 of 246/5/12 at 8:23pmpost #15 of 246/7/12 at 6:09pmThread Starter
- how good does the "little dot mk3" perform?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 36 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 38 seconds ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Choosing hd 598, how bad is the sound leak? 1 minute ago
- › Improving ATH-W5000 seal, bass & isolation with bigger/thicker pads? 2 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire 2 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude