- 233 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading my current system Last post on 10/12/11 at 2:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III slight channel imbalance Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 7/8/13 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for Sennheiser HD 600 and Arcam Alpha 8 se Last post on 3/21/11 at 3:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need a < 200 dollar amp recommendation Last post on 10/21/12 at 8:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
how good does the "little dot mk3" perform?post #1 of 245/28/12 at 6:57pmThread StarterI would like to purchase the little dot, because it's a tube amp....but would like to know how it performs, and if I can purchase it somewhere, other than Ebay....thanks a bunch!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 245/30/12 at 11:30ampost #3 of 245/30/12 at 11:37amThread Starterpost #4 of 245/30/12 at 11:40amThread Starterpost #5 of 245/30/12 at 11:43am
Well i had that combination for a while before i purchased the Lcd-2. And i would say that it is a great match. For it's price point IMO it's hard to find a better amp.
Not that hard. Just email David, pay with paypal. And thats it. Wait that courier brings the amp to your home door :Dpost #6 of 245/30/12 at 12:53pm
I ordered directly from little dot without issue, unless you take issue with them doing the quality check before shipping. Great entry level tube amp, though I have a little buyer's remorse now that I'm using it with my newly acquired Hifiman 500. Not quite the electric juice, though it could be the break in period. Not quite sure.post #7 of 245/30/12 at 12:59pmThread StarterThe only problem I have is, there's no phone number! I mean, how do they know where to send them! And also, how do they bill me? They said they use pay pal....but, how would they know how to bill me and all....makes no sense...I rather go through Ebay, from the same guy from the website you mentioned....post #8 of 246/5/12 at 4:57pmpost #9 of 246/5/12 at 5:00pm
I bought both a Mk IV and a Mk V several years ago. The Mk IV arrived with tubes installed and broken; however David quickly shipped replacement tubes. I could not really understand why they would ship the tubes installed, given that a slight jostling would cause the tubes to impact the metal housing.post #10 of 246/5/12 at 5:02pmpost #11 of 246/5/12 at 5:06pmThread Starterpost #12 of 246/5/12 at 8:18pm
Well, David seems to be very convinced about shipping the tubes installed. He told me that doing so resulted in less breakage. As an engineer myself...that does not seem very logical. If I were to order again, I would insist that he wrap the tubes in cotton, cloth, newspaper, or something soft before inserting into the amp. His is obviously a very small operation and he could, and I am sure would, do that. He is very resposonsive, by the way...just a bit defensive in my experience.post #13 of 246/5/12 at 8:22pm
Forgive the cultural generalization here, but a characteristic of the Chinese/Asian psyche seems to be the "saving face" thing...not to be "wrong." And the flip side of that is a cultural taboo against forcing people into a corner to cause them to have to admit to being "wrong."post #14 of 246/5/12 at 8:23pmpost #15 of 246/7/12 at 6:09pmThread Starter
- how good does the "little dot mk3" perform?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sound doesn't work anymore on the right side 47 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › AKG K712 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Approx $30 headphones 3 choices need help 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › Best amp set up for Audeze LCD-2's? 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 8 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)