If you look at the Hifiman HE-500 measurements, you will see a very similar dip. Now, being in the same boat with the Hifimans in this respect, this should not be bad company for the StratoKOSSters. Actually, this dip, this measurement artefact or bogus reflection as purrin put it, does not have any malign effect to my ears. The CSD plots also do not show any serious ringing at 4-5k
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Grado Sr325is vs RS2i vs PS500 Last post on 12/15/13 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Deciding Between Some Grados Last post on 6/14/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- :"Woodied" Grado Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 12/7/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Last post on 11/29/11 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 2:05 am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
The StratoKOSSter – A closed DIY headphone based on the Koss KSC-75 driver and Grado cup design - Page 3post #31 of 1916/16/12 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1916/20/12 at 12:12pm
STRATOCASTER REINVENTS HEADPHONES. WITH MOZART TECHNOLOGY, MUSICAL POTENTIAL IS FINALLY FULFILLED.
20, June 2012Austria, June 2012: Mozart technology is the manifestation of Stratocaster, a true genius in the design of headphones. For headphone developers, the challenge is to make headphones that generate music as it should. To put it more precisely: cellos should sound like cellos, not double-bass or viola; saxophones should sound like saxophones, not trumpets or oboes.Historians regard Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart a musical genius, unrivaled in his time. Born in Austria in 1756, it was not until after his death when his music was fully appreciated. The spirit of Mozart inspired Stratocaster to revolutionize and reinterpret existing technologies: the Koss KSC-75.With the StratoKOSSter, Stratocaster has succeeded what many consider to to be impossible: a quantum leap in terms of sound quality and audiophile sound processing at low cost.A full series of "Made In Austria" constructive measures and engineering developments provided the StratoKOSSter with 468% more neutrality and a 385% reduction in resonances over previous top-of-the-line headphones. It is reason enough for Stratocaster to name the technology used after the ingeneous visionary composer.The designer of the StratoKOSSter
The StratoKOSSter has minimal amplification requirements.
Edited by purrin - 6/21/12 at 9:25ampost #33 of 1916/20/12 at 12:45pmpost #34 of 1916/20/12 at 1:21pm
The gloves really impress upon me the precision Austrian engineering. I just imagine they were assembled in a vacuum chamber by scientists in spacesuits.post #35 of 1916/20/12 at 1:39pmQuote:
Look at the scale dude.....post #36 of 1916/20/12 at 1:41pmThread StarterQuote:
Thinking back, yeah, it might very well have been that way. You know, if I had ever thought of being interested in selling these, you would just have given me enough reason to raise the fictional price from $16 to $999. Just think of all the research and technology used. Oh I forgot, must take into account purrin's salary for the marketing. Up, up goes the fictional price.post #37 of 1916/20/12 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by stratocaster
Thinking back, yeah, it might very well have been that way. You know, if I had ever thought of being interested in selling these, you would just have given me enough reason to raise the fictional price from $16 to $999. Just think of all the research and technology used. Oh I forgot, must take into account purrin's salary for the marketing. Up, up goes the fictional price.
Seriously....I keep throwing money at the screen and nothing happens!post #38 of 1916/20/12 at 1:45pmpost #39 of 1916/20/12 at 3:28pmpost #40 of 1916/20/12 at 4:23pm
if there's a genuine service/'business' opportunity here, it might be lining some grado pads with leather. While the tutorial is very thorough, strato makes it look easier than it is. Or at least it's a task for those with plenty of patience......... Also suspect that particular pad is a significant part of the stratokosster sound. Plain exposed grado foam pads don't seem to work well for me.post #41 of 1916/20/12 at 4:40pm
I want 5!
I have read these are the best headphones EVAR! I simply can't wait to start recommending them to everyone.post #42 of 1916/20/12 at 5:20pmpost #43 of 1916/20/12 at 5:34pmpost #44 of 1916/20/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
All joking aside...they do measure extremely well.
I'm dying to hear them but work keeps getting the way of an audition.
Seriously...consider what these gents were able to achieve with what they had! It's truly amazing and worthy of respect. Sennheiser is a GIANT and look at the FAIL they made with the HD700. Same goes for Beyer and their failtastic T1.post #45 of 1916/20/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
marvelous press release: but I bet some listeners will beg to differ - this kid's music was appreciated a lot during his short life... as for the fame acquired in posterity, that's all marketing ;-)
- The StratoKOSSter – A closed DIY headphone based on the Koss KSC-75 driver and Grado cup design
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 33 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 47 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › AIFF/ALAC/FLAC/WAV???? 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2