If you look at the Hifiman HE-500 measurements, you will see a very similar dip. Now, being in the same boat with the Hifimans in this respect, this should not be bad company for the StratoKOSSters. Actually, this dip, this measurement artefact or bogus reflection as purrin put it, does not have any malign effect to my ears. The CSD plots also do not show any serious ringing at 4-5k
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Grado Sr325is vs RS2i vs PS500 Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Deciding Between Some Grados Last post on 6/14/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- :"Woodied" Grado Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Last post on 11/29/11 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 6:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
The StratoKOSSter – A closed DIY headphone based on the Koss KSC-75 driver and Grado cup design - Page 3post #31 of 1516/16/12 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1516/20/12 at 12:12pm
STRATOCASTER REINVENTS HEADPHONES. WITH MOZART TECHNOLOGY, MUSICAL POTENTIAL IS FINALLY FULFILLED.
20, June 2012Austria, June 2012: Mozart technology is the manifestation of Stratocaster, a true genius in the design of headphones. For headphone developers, the challenge is to make headphones that generate music as it should. To put it more precisely: cellos should sound like cellos, not double-bass or viola; saxophones should sound like saxophones, not trumpets or oboes.Historians regard Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart a musical genius, unrivaled in his time. Born in Austria in 1756, it was not until after his death when his music was fully appreciated. The spirit of Mozart inspired Stratocaster to revolutionize and reinterpret existing technologies: the Koss KSC-75.With the StratoKOSSter, Stratocaster has succeeded what many consider to to be impossible: a quantum leap in terms of sound quality and audiophile sound processing at low cost.A full series of "Made In Austria" constructive measures and engineering developments provided the StratoKOSSter with 468% more neutrality and a 385% reduction in resonances over previous top-of-the-line headphones. It is reason enough for Stratocaster to name the technology used after the ingeneous visionary composer.The designer of the StratoKOSSter
The StratoKOSSter has minimal amplification requirements.
Edited by purrin - 6/21/12 at 9:25ampost #33 of 1516/20/12 at 12:45pmpost #34 of 1516/20/12 at 1:21pm
The gloves really impress upon me the precision Austrian engineering. I just imagine they were assembled in a vacuum chamber by scientists in spacesuits.post #35 of 1516/20/12 at 1:39pmQuote:
Look at the scale dude.....post #36 of 1516/20/12 at 1:41pmThread StarterQuote:
Thinking back, yeah, it might very well have been that way. You know, if I had ever thought of being interested in selling these, you would just have given me enough reason to raise the fictional price from $16 to $999. Just think of all the research and technology used. Oh I forgot, must take into account purrin's salary for the marketing. Up, up goes the fictional price.post #37 of 1516/20/12 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by stratocaster
Thinking back, yeah, it might very well have been that way. You know, if I had ever thought of being interested in selling these, you would just have given me enough reason to raise the fictional price from $16 to $999. Just think of all the research and technology used. Oh I forgot, must take into account purrin's salary for the marketing. Up, up goes the fictional price.
Seriously....I keep throwing money at the screen and nothing happens!post #38 of 1516/20/12 at 1:45pmpost #39 of 1516/20/12 at 3:28pmpost #40 of 1516/20/12 at 4:23pm
if there's a genuine service/'business' opportunity here, it might be lining some grado pads with leather. While the tutorial is very thorough, strato makes it look easier than it is. Or at least it's a task for those with plenty of patience......... Also suspect that particular pad is a significant part of the stratokosster sound. Plain exposed grado foam pads don't seem to work well for me.post #41 of 1516/20/12 at 4:40pm
I want 5!
I have read these are the best headphones EVAR! I simply can't wait to start recommending them to everyone.post #42 of 1516/20/12 at 5:20pmpost #43 of 1516/20/12 at 5:34pmpost #44 of 1516/20/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
All joking aside...they do measure extremely well.
I'm dying to hear them but work keeps getting the way of an audition.
Seriously...consider what these gents were able to achieve with what they had! It's truly amazing and worthy of respect. Sennheiser is a GIANT and look at the FAIL they made with the HD700. Same goes for Beyer and their failtastic T1.post #45 of 1516/20/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
marvelous press release: but I bet some listeners will beg to differ - this kid's music was appreciated a lot during his short life... as for the fame acquired in posterity, that's all marketing ;-)
- The StratoKOSSter – A closed DIY headphone based on the Koss KSC-75 driver and Grado cup design
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 31 seconds ago
- › Equalizer settings not functioning properly 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 + Balanced & IEM amp cards + 128GB Card +Forza balanced IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › Influence of cold/analytic DAC/AMP on warm sounding cans 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi