If you look at the Hifiman HE-500 measurements, you will see a very similar dip. Now, being in the same boat with the Hifimans in this respect, this should not be bad company for the StratoKOSSters. Actually, this dip, this measurement artefact or bogus reflection as purrin put it, does not have any malign effect to my ears. The CSD plots also do not show any serious ringing at 4-5k
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Grado Sr325is vs RS2i vs PS500 Last post on 12/15/13 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Deciding Between Some Grados Last post on 6/14/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- :"Woodied" Grado Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 12/14/13 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Last post on 11/29/11 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 3:23 pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
The StratoKOSSter – A closed DIY headphone based on the Koss KSC-75 driver and Grado cup design - Page 3post #31 of 1686/16/12 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1686/20/12 at 12:12pm
STRATOCASTER REINVENTS HEADPHONES. WITH MOZART TECHNOLOGY, MUSICAL POTENTIAL IS FINALLY FULFILLED.
20, June 2012Austria, June 2012: Mozart technology is the manifestation of Stratocaster, a true genius in the design of headphones. For headphone developers, the challenge is to make headphones that generate music as it should. To put it more precisely: cellos should sound like cellos, not double-bass or viola; saxophones should sound like saxophones, not trumpets or oboes.Historians regard Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart a musical genius, unrivaled in his time. Born in Austria in 1756, it was not until after his death when his music was fully appreciated. The spirit of Mozart inspired Stratocaster to revolutionize and reinterpret existing technologies: the Koss KSC-75.With the StratoKOSSter, Stratocaster has succeeded what many consider to to be impossible: a quantum leap in terms of sound quality and audiophile sound processing at low cost.A full series of "Made In Austria" constructive measures and engineering developments provided the StratoKOSSter with 468% more neutrality and a 385% reduction in resonances over previous top-of-the-line headphones. It is reason enough for Stratocaster to name the technology used after the ingeneous visionary composer.The designer of the StratoKOSSter
The StratoKOSSter has minimal amplification requirements.
Edited by purrin - 6/21/12 at 9:25ampost #33 of 1686/20/12 at 12:45pmpost #34 of 1686/20/12 at 1:21pm
The gloves really impress upon me the precision Austrian engineering. I just imagine they were assembled in a vacuum chamber by scientists in spacesuits.post #35 of 1686/20/12 at 1:39pmQuote:
Look at the scale dude.....post #36 of 1686/20/12 at 1:41pmThread StarterQuote:
Thinking back, yeah, it might very well have been that way. You know, if I had ever thought of being interested in selling these, you would just have given me enough reason to raise the fictional price from $16 to $999. Just think of all the research and technology used. Oh I forgot, must take into account purrin's salary for the marketing. Up, up goes the fictional price.post #37 of 1686/20/12 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by stratocaster
Thinking back, yeah, it might very well have been that way. You know, if I had ever thought of being interested in selling these, you would just have given me enough reason to raise the fictional price from $16 to $999. Just think of all the research and technology used. Oh I forgot, must take into account purrin's salary for the marketing. Up, up goes the fictional price.
Seriously....I keep throwing money at the screen and nothing happens!post #38 of 1686/20/12 at 1:45pmpost #39 of 1686/20/12 at 3:28pmpost #40 of 1686/20/12 at 4:23pm
if there's a genuine service/'business' opportunity here, it might be lining some grado pads with leather. While the tutorial is very thorough, strato makes it look easier than it is. Or at least it's a task for those with plenty of patience......... Also suspect that particular pad is a significant part of the stratokosster sound. Plain exposed grado foam pads don't seem to work well for me.post #41 of 1686/20/12 at 4:40pm
I want 5!
I have read these are the best headphones EVAR! I simply can't wait to start recommending them to everyone.post #42 of 1686/20/12 at 5:20pmpost #43 of 1686/20/12 at 5:34pmpost #44 of 1686/20/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
All joking aside...they do measure extremely well.
I'm dying to hear them but work keeps getting the way of an audition.
Seriously...consider what these gents were able to achieve with what they had! It's truly amazing and worthy of respect. Sennheiser is a GIANT and look at the FAIL they made with the HD700. Same goes for Beyer and their failtastic T1.post #45 of 1686/20/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
marvelous press release: but I bet some listeners will beg to differ - this kid's music was appreciated a lot during his short life... as for the fame acquired in posterity, that's all marketing ;-)
- The StratoKOSSter – A closed DIY headphone based on the Koss KSC-75 driver and Grado cup design
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › MHDT Steeplechase Tube 24/192 DAC - Thoughts? 13 seconds ago
- › Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full... 20 seconds ago
- › $2.50 CD player sounds better than my iPod. 20 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Closed headphones for metal 2 minutes ago
- › Hifman EF-6 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob