If you look at the Hifiman HE-500 measurements, you will see a very similar dip. Now, being in the same boat with the Hifimans in this respect, this should not be bad company for the StratoKOSSters. Actually, this dip, this measurement artefact or bogus reflection as purrin put it, does not have any malign effect to my ears. The CSD plots also do not show any serious ringing at 4-5k
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Grado Sr325is vs RS2i vs PS500 Last post on 12/15/13 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Deciding Between Some Grados Last post on 6/14/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- :"Woodied" Grado Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 12/7/14 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Last post on 11/29/11 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 7:18 am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
The StratoKOSSter – A closed DIY headphone based on the Koss KSC-75 driver and Grado cup design - Page 3post #31 of 1806/16/12 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1806/20/12 at 12:12pm
STRATOCASTER REINVENTS HEADPHONES. WITH MOZART TECHNOLOGY, MUSICAL POTENTIAL IS FINALLY FULFILLED.
20, June 2012Austria, June 2012: Mozart technology is the manifestation of Stratocaster, a true genius in the design of headphones. For headphone developers, the challenge is to make headphones that generate music as it should. To put it more precisely: cellos should sound like cellos, not double-bass or viola; saxophones should sound like saxophones, not trumpets or oboes.Historians regard Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart a musical genius, unrivaled in his time. Born in Austria in 1756, it was not until after his death when his music was fully appreciated. The spirit of Mozart inspired Stratocaster to revolutionize and reinterpret existing technologies: the Koss KSC-75.With the StratoKOSSter, Stratocaster has succeeded what many consider to to be impossible: a quantum leap in terms of sound quality and audiophile sound processing at low cost.A full series of "Made In Austria" constructive measures and engineering developments provided the StratoKOSSter with 468% more neutrality and a 385% reduction in resonances over previous top-of-the-line headphones. It is reason enough for Stratocaster to name the technology used after the ingeneous visionary composer.The designer of the StratoKOSSter
The StratoKOSSter has minimal amplification requirements.
Edited by purrin - 6/21/12 at 9:25ampost #33 of 1806/20/12 at 12:45pmpost #34 of 1806/20/12 at 1:21pm
The gloves really impress upon me the precision Austrian engineering. I just imagine they were assembled in a vacuum chamber by scientists in spacesuits.post #35 of 1806/20/12 at 1:39pmQuote:
Look at the scale dude.....post #36 of 1806/20/12 at 1:41pmThread StarterQuote:
Thinking back, yeah, it might very well have been that way. You know, if I had ever thought of being interested in selling these, you would just have given me enough reason to raise the fictional price from $16 to $999. Just think of all the research and technology used. Oh I forgot, must take into account purrin's salary for the marketing. Up, up goes the fictional price.post #37 of 1806/20/12 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by stratocaster
Thinking back, yeah, it might very well have been that way. You know, if I had ever thought of being interested in selling these, you would just have given me enough reason to raise the fictional price from $16 to $999. Just think of all the research and technology used. Oh I forgot, must take into account purrin's salary for the marketing. Up, up goes the fictional price.
Seriously....I keep throwing money at the screen and nothing happens!post #38 of 1806/20/12 at 1:45pmpost #39 of 1806/20/12 at 3:28pmpost #40 of 1806/20/12 at 4:23pm
if there's a genuine service/'business' opportunity here, it might be lining some grado pads with leather. While the tutorial is very thorough, strato makes it look easier than it is. Or at least it's a task for those with plenty of patience......... Also suspect that particular pad is a significant part of the stratokosster sound. Plain exposed grado foam pads don't seem to work well for me.post #41 of 1806/20/12 at 4:40pm
I want 5!
I have read these are the best headphones EVAR! I simply can't wait to start recommending them to everyone.post #42 of 1806/20/12 at 5:20pmpost #43 of 1806/20/12 at 5:34pmpost #44 of 1806/20/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
All joking aside...they do measure extremely well.
I'm dying to hear them but work keeps getting the way of an audition.
Seriously...consider what these gents were able to achieve with what they had! It's truly amazing and worthy of respect. Sennheiser is a GIANT and look at the FAIL they made with the HD700. Same goes for Beyer and their failtastic T1.post #45 of 1806/20/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
marvelous press release: but I bet some listeners will beg to differ - this kid's music was appreciated a lot during his short life... as for the fame acquired in posterity, that's all marketing ;-)
- The StratoKOSSter – A closed DIY headphone based on the Koss KSC-75 driver and Grado cup design
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 52 seconds ago
- › The State of the Flagships 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from Creative Aurvana Live? 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Where do I go from here? Next purchase for listening primarily to... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2