- 316 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: New Jersey, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productMoon Audio Black Dragon V2 Headphone Cabletagged by System, 5/29/12
- productMoon Audio Blue Dragon v3tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OPEN headphones with the TIGHTEST bass! Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for ALL Genres and AMP to Match Last post on 6/2/11 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
how good are the sennheiser hd650's??post #1 of 895/27/12 at 10:43pmThread StarterI have a pair of sennheiser hd650's, and they claim that they're reference class headphones...but are they really? And are these one of the best headphones in existence? Please, let me know....thanks everyone! Any advice is definitely appreciated! Just to mention, I'm using them with a moon audio "blue dragon v3" headphone cable and an art accessories amp 4....any feed back is appreciated! Also, it's a 12 volt amp....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 895/27/12 at 10:47pm
I've not heard too many much better when it comes to pure sound quality. Although I think they have some major drawbacks-- namely lack of bass and treble extension. The silver damping version I would consider reference class, it's very flat and smooth in its frequency response except for those rolloffs.post #3 of 895/27/12 at 10:51pmpost #4 of 895/27/12 at 10:54pmThread StarterI definitely appreciate the advice....I bought mine not even a year ago....last August to be exact....so I think I have the silver version....they sound very awesome too! I wanted to get a little dot mk3 headphone amp, but gotta wait....but thanks for the info!post #5 of 895/28/12 at 3:18amYou'd have to define "reference class" beyond marketing dribble first.
That said, the HD 650 (and the 600 and 580 before them) are truly amazing headphones - regardless of what else exists on the market. There's maybe a handful of relatively exotic or expensive units that can truly best them in one area or another, and maybe a somewhat larger handful of other units that are truly equals. They just do lots of things very right, and have very few draw-backs if you don't have an issue with their relatively smooth/laid-back sound and they fit you right (I've read some complaints about clamp force, which I've never personally understood, but I'm not doubting that some people may have issues).
I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not you have "the best" - enjoy the music and life goes on.post #6 of 895/28/12 at 3:29am
Just look at how long the HD 600 & HD 650 have been around. That should tell you a little something about both of them.
Sure there are some cans that are better, but that same thing can (or will shortly be) said of every one ever made. Enjoy the great sound your HD 650 has to offer and don't worry if the Jones have something a bit better that, for some, are the new "reference" headphone--until a faster gun comes along.post #7 of 895/28/12 at 3:37am
The HD650 is such an involving headphone. I have the HD800 now and have owned the LCD-2 for some time. I miss my HD650 and would happily live with it if forced to "downgrade". A Bifrost>Crack>HD650 chain would be damn near unassailable in its price range.post #8 of 895/28/12 at 8:57am
I too have the HD800, which is a superior headphone to the HD650. I had the HD650 for years before I got the HD800 and I enjoyed them a lot. I suggest you demo the HD800. I think you will be impressed.post #9 of 895/28/12 at 9:49amThread StarterI do think that the sennheiser hd650's are the best headphones I've ever heard! I do think personally that they are reference quality cans...but that's just my opinion....I spoke to the tech line at sennheiser, and they did say they are reference headphones....does anyone agree??post #10 of 895/28/12 at 9:52ampost #11 of 895/28/12 at 10:00amThread Starterpost #12 of 895/28/12 at 10:02ampost #13 of 895/28/12 at 10:05amQuote:
Get Beats then :Epost #14 of 895/28/12 at 10:12am
To me. They are the perfect headphone. To me... Every time I think of grabbing an HE500 or an LCD2 (I'm very treble sensitive, so I feel those are my only two "upgrade" options) I throw on my 650s and ask, will I enjoy them more than I'm enjoying this right now? Answer is usually NO. I think I only want something new to get something new.
Everyone has likes and dislikes and if you are striving to have the 'Best" out there based on what other people think, you're going to need to drop some serious coin ($10K+) to impress the folks around here.post #15 of 895/28/12 at 10:14amThread Starter
- how good are the sennheiser hd650's??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 22 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 34 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 40 seconds ago
- › How to eliminate stuttering in audio players? 2 minutes ago
- › OnePlus 3 Audio Quality? 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - IMPRESSIONS, DISCUSSION, TOUR 7 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Gilmore GS-1 w/ DACT 9 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...