Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

Alright so i have been debating for quite some time now on what headphones to get. My price range is $100 - $300, but the less money the better :P. I have been trying to figure out which of those headphones to get based off of portability, price, bass, other overall sound, and it has to be easily driven considering i dont plan on buying an amp unless its completely needed. I listen to Dubstep & techno, Metal, and rock but mainly dubstep. I would like to get the Pro 900's because they come with a case and a detachable cable, also their frequency range pleases me. Though, they cost a lot. The 750's have a good price, but i hear they arent as good as the 900's. and the HFI 780 is a great price, and i hear they are good with bass but how about everything else? And they dont have a hard case life the Pro's, just a carrying bag and id really like a hard case. Considering all those things, which headphones do you guys think i should get? And please feel free to mention some headphones. Thanks!

post #2 of 15

The 900's are over your budget.

 

Get the 780's if you don't plan to get and us an amp.

 

Select the 750 if you do.

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 

Alright thanks, but do you think its worth it to save up for the 900?

post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarsBeBleeding View Post

Alright thanks, but do you think its worth it to save up for the 900?

 

I haven't heard the 900.  Based on its price and from what I've read, there are better choices for the money.

post #5 of 15

Let's not forget the Denon D2000.

 

Keep in mind that more expensive does not necessarily mean better. More than once I've seen people prefer the HFI-580 to any of the heaphones you have listed. The best thing you can do is look at comparison reviews of the headphones and eliminate them one by one based on the qualities you're looking for, because they're all great for different reasons.

post #6 of 15

I prefer the hdj2000 for the money

post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post

Let's not forget the Denon D2000.

 

Keep in mind that more expensive does not necessarily mean better. More than once I've seen people prefer the HFI-580 to any of the heaphones you have listed. The best thing you can do is look at comparison reviews of the headphones and eliminate them one by one based on the qualities you're looking for, because they're all great for different reasons.

 

The D2000 is not really a portable can.  The 580 is a basshead can.

post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

 

The D2000 is not really a portable can.  The 580 is a basshead can.

 

Depends on your definition of "portable", I guess. It's certainly more portable than most open cans, and I've seen people take Grados into public before.

post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

 

I haven't heard the 900.  Based on its price and from what I've read, there are better choices for the money.

 

Which choices??

The PRo 900's are great, i can say on the same level of the Denon D7000

post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio-fi View Post

 

Which choices??

The PRo 900's are great, i can say on the same level of the Denon D7000


 As I said, I have not heard them.  Comments like this in reviews and discussions of these cans have left them off my list (given my tastes and genres) at their price level:

 

"I DO NOT recommend these if you listen to jazz, classical, or anything were a very natural presentation is needed."

 

Link:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/527451/ultrasone-pro-900-appreciation-thread

post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
I gave up on the HFI-580's cause I mean if someone robbed me, they could hog tie me with the mile long cable that comes with those headphones. And I hear the D2000's are really nice, and I guess I should do some research on those and consider getting them. I'm think I'll completely rule out the Pro 750, and have it boil down to the 780's and Pro 900's; then possibly the D2000 which I'll look into more.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarsBeBleeding View Post

I gave up on the HFI-580's cause I mean if someone robbed me, they could hog tie me with the mile long cable that comes with those headphones. And I hear the D2000's are really nice, and I guess I should do some research on those and consider getting them. I'm think I'll completely rule out the Pro 750, and have it boil down to the 780's and Pro 900's; then possibly the D2000 which I'll look into more.


hdj2000?

post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Oh sorry I didn't see your post, I'll check those out right now
post #14 of 15

Has anyone heard both the 900 and 750? I've had the 750's for about a week and i have like a trial period to try it out and decide if I want to keep 'em. I really want to know if it'd be worth the $100 to upgrade to the 900's. Thanks

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

The 900's are over your budget.

 

Get the 780's if you don't plan to get and us an amp.

 

Select the 750 if you do.

 

They aren't over his budget just shop around and you can find them for around $300 and some under.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780?