Alright so i have been debating for quite some time now on what headphones to get. My price range is $100 - $300, but the less money the better :P. I have been trying to figure out which of those headphones to get based off of portability, price, bass, other overall sound, and it has to be easily driven considering i dont plan on buying an amp unless its completely needed. I listen to Dubstep & techno, Metal, and rock but mainly dubstep. I would like to get the Pro 900's because they come with a case and a detachable cable, also their frequency range pleases me. Though, they cost a lot. The 750's have a good price, but i hear they arent as good as the 900's. and the HFI 780 is a great price, and i hear they are good with bass but how about everything else? And they dont have a hard case life the Pro's, just a carrying bag and id really like a hard case. Considering all those things, which headphones do you guys think i should get? And please feel free to mention some headphones. Thanks!
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone PRO 900 - Blacktagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Want headphones for electronic music $250-$300 price range Last post on 10/4/12 at 6:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Alternatives Last post on 10/5/11 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon D2000 + HFI780 or Ultrasone PRO 900? Last post on 9/15/11 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 155/28/12 at 4:01ampost #3 of 155/28/12 at 2:13pmThread Starterpost #4 of 155/28/12 at 2:46pmQuote:
I haven't heard the 900. Based on its price and from what I've read, there are better choices for the money.post #5 of 155/28/12 at 4:11pm
Let's not forget the Denon D2000.
Keep in mind that more expensive does not necessarily mean better. More than once I've seen people prefer the HFI-580 to any of the heaphones you have listed. The best thing you can do is look at comparison reviews of the headphones and eliminate them one by one based on the qualities you're looking for, because they're all great for different reasons.post #6 of 155/28/12 at 4:33pmpost #7 of 155/28/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by macrocheesium
Let's not forget the Denon D2000.
Keep in mind that more expensive does not necessarily mean better. More than once I've seen people prefer the HFI-580 to any of the heaphones you have listed. The best thing you can do is look at comparison reviews of the headphones and eliminate them one by one based on the qualities you're looking for, because they're all great for different reasons.
The D2000 is not really a portable can. The 580 is a basshead can.post #8 of 155/28/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
Depends on your definition of "portable", I guess. It's certainly more portable than most open cans, and I've seen people take Grados into public before.post #9 of 155/28/12 at 5:33pmQuote:
The PRo 900's are great, i can say on the same level of the Denon D7000post #10 of 155/28/12 at 9:07pmQuote:
As I said, I have not heard them. Comments like this in reviews and discussions of these cans have left them off my list (given my tastes and genres) at their price level:
"I DO NOT recommend these if you listen to jazz, classical, or anything were a very natural presentation is needed."
Link:post #11 of 155/28/12 at 11:16pmThread StarterI gave up on the HFI-580's cause I mean if someone robbed me, they could hog tie me with the mile long cable that comes with those headphones. And I hear the D2000's are really nice, and I guess I should do some research on those and consider getting them. I'm think I'll completely rule out the Pro 750, and have it boil down to the 780's and Pro 900's; then possibly the D2000 which I'll look into more.post #12 of 155/28/12 at 11:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by EarsBeBleeding
I gave up on the HFI-580's cause I mean if someone robbed me, they could hog tie me with the mile long cable that comes with those headphones. And I hear the D2000's are really nice, and I guess I should do some research on those and consider getting them. I'm think I'll completely rule out the Pro 750, and have it boil down to the 780's and Pro 900's; then possibly the D2000 which I'll look into more.
hdj2000?post #13 of 155/28/12 at 11:57pmThread Starterpost #14 of 156/29/12 at 5:09pm
Has anyone heard both the 900 and 750? I've had the 750's for about a week and i have like a trial period to try it out and decide if I want to keep 'em. I really want to know if it'd be worth the $100 to upgrade to the 900's. Thankspost #15 of 157/9/12 at 7:42pmQuote:
They aren't over his budget just shop around and you can find them for around $300 and some under.
- Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Is Schiit Magni (amp) good enough for akg k70. Please HELP 57 seconds ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum vs Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7 1 minute ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 4 minutes ago
- › digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital