Alright so i have been debating for quite some time now on what headphones to get. My price range is $100 - $300, but the less money the better :P. I have been trying to figure out which of those headphones to get based off of portability, price, bass, other overall sound, and it has to be easily driven considering i dont plan on buying an amp unless its completely needed. I listen to Dubstep & techno, Metal, and rock but mainly dubstep. I would like to get the Pro 900's because they come with a case and a detachable cable, also their frequency range pleases me. Though, they cost a lot. The 750's have a good price, but i hear they arent as good as the 900's. and the HFI 780 is a great price, and i hear they are good with bass but how about everything else? And they dont have a hard case life the Pro's, just a carrying bag and id really like a hard case. Considering all those things, which headphones do you guys think i should get? And please feel free to mention some headphones. Thanks!
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/29/12
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Want headphones for electronic music $250-$300 price range Last post on 10/4/12 at 6:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT990 250Ohm no boom & pound? Last post on 2/19/11 at 10:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 155/28/12 at 4:01ampost #3 of 155/28/12 at 2:13pmThread Starterpost #4 of 155/28/12 at 2:46pmQuote:
I haven't heard the 900. Based on its price and from what I've read, there are better choices for the money.post #5 of 155/28/12 at 4:11pm
Let's not forget the Denon D2000.
Keep in mind that more expensive does not necessarily mean better. More than once I've seen people prefer the HFI-580 to any of the heaphones you have listed. The best thing you can do is look at comparison reviews of the headphones and eliminate them one by one based on the qualities you're looking for, because they're all great for different reasons.post #6 of 155/28/12 at 4:33pmpost #7 of 155/28/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by macrocheesium
Let's not forget the Denon D2000.
Keep in mind that more expensive does not necessarily mean better. More than once I've seen people prefer the HFI-580 to any of the heaphones you have listed. The best thing you can do is look at comparison reviews of the headphones and eliminate them one by one based on the qualities you're looking for, because they're all great for different reasons.
The D2000 is not really a portable can. The 580 is a basshead can.post #8 of 155/28/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
Depends on your definition of "portable", I guess. It's certainly more portable than most open cans, and I've seen people take Grados into public before.post #9 of 155/28/12 at 5:33pmQuote:
The PRo 900's are great, i can say on the same level of the Denon D7000post #10 of 155/28/12 at 9:07pmQuote:
As I said, I have not heard them. Comments like this in reviews and discussions of these cans have left them off my list (given my tastes and genres) at their price level:
"I DO NOT recommend these if you listen to jazz, classical, or anything were a very natural presentation is needed."
Link:post #11 of 155/28/12 at 11:16pmThread StarterI gave up on the HFI-580's cause I mean if someone robbed me, they could hog tie me with the mile long cable that comes with those headphones. And I hear the D2000's are really nice, and I guess I should do some research on those and consider getting them. I'm think I'll completely rule out the Pro 750, and have it boil down to the 780's and Pro 900's; then possibly the D2000 which I'll look into more.post #12 of 155/28/12 at 11:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by EarsBeBleeding
I gave up on the HFI-580's cause I mean if someone robbed me, they could hog tie me with the mile long cable that comes with those headphones. And I hear the D2000's are really nice, and I guess I should do some research on those and consider getting them. I'm think I'll completely rule out the Pro 750, and have it boil down to the 780's and Pro 900's; then possibly the D2000 which I'll look into more.
hdj2000?post #13 of 155/28/12 at 11:57pmThread Starterpost #14 of 156/29/12 at 5:09pm
Has anyone heard both the 900 and 750? I've had the 750's for about a week and i have like a trial period to try it out and decide if I want to keep 'em. I really want to know if it'd be worth the $100 to upgrade to the 900's. Thankspost #15 of 157/9/12 at 7:42pmQuote:
They aren't over his budget just shop around and you can find them for around $300 and some under.
- Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X5 2nd Gen 33 seconds ago
- › If you had to buy an AMP/DAC right now for $200, what would you get? 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 II vs Fiio E07K 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › Post pictures of your setup! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Desktop Amp for a fiio X5/E18 + Sennheiser HD600 combo ? 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...