Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Brief Odac impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brief Odac impressions - Page 131

post #1951 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

Maybe I missed it but what headphones are you using?

Plan is Modi/ E-DAC > Crack> HD600.  Brother to your HD650. :D Any other different for ODAC XL from ordinary ODAC?

post #1952 of 1960
The HD 600 will pair nicely with the Crack.

The ODAC XL has all ports on the rear. That's the USB input as well as RCA and 3.5mm outputs.
post #1953 of 1960

Still loving my ODAC. It has been getting used to feed a speaker amp lately instead of headphones, but it still continues to impress me. 

post #1954 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
 

Still loving my ODAC. It has been getting used to feed a speaker amp lately instead of headphones, but it still continues to impress me. 

Yup, plan to use E-DAC for hifi setup too:

E-DAC> Sansui AU-555A> B&W 685

 

As for head-fi:

Modi> BH Crack> Senn HD600.

post #1955 of 1960

Can anyone help me out. My odac seems to have a weird problem. Sometimes when I start listening I will hear static and rustling over the notes. However when I unplug and replug my odac, it goes away and becomes clear again. Not really sure what could be causing it. I am just using the stock usb cable straight into my computer. 

post #1956 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paspasero View Post

Can anyone help me out. My odac seems to have a weird problem. Sometimes when I start listening I will hear static and rustling over the notes. However when I unplug and replug my odac, it goes away and becomes clear again. Not really sure what could be causing it. I am just using the stock usb cable straight into my computer. 
Do you have many stuff plugged to your pc? Is it a laptop? Sounds to me like too many devices are draining power and Odac doesn't get enough of it.
post #1957 of 1960

And make sure try plug in directly to your machine directly instead of USB port extensions.

post #1958 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post


Do you have many stuff plugged to your pc? Is it a laptop? Sounds to me like too many devices are draining power and Odac doesn't get enough of it.

Nope it is a desktop, and I have just a keyboard, mouse, and the ODAC plugged into it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 

And make sure try plug in directly to your machine directly instead of USB port extensions.

It is plugged into a USB 3.0 port on the motherboard of my desktop. 

post #1959 of 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paspasero View Post
 

Nope it is a desktop, and I have just a keyboard, mouse, and the ODAC plugged into it.

 

It is plugged into a USB 3.0 port on the motherboard of my desktop. 


Ah, somehow in my experience USB 3.0 always troublesome due to driver etc, especially after Windows update. BTW, have you reinstall driver etc? I think if you already troubleshoot from software and cable side but the problem still persist, maybe it's the DAC itself.

post #1960 of 1960
There were certainly people having problems with USB 3 on Windows machine a while back. It works fine on my USB 3 equipped Mac mini.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Brief Odac impressions