Hmm, from what I've read thus far it seems that the modi doesn't have these problems, but that the ODAC does. Skeptical I am!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Inexpensive Soundcard/DAC for headphones Last post on 7/1/12 at 8:26pm in Computer Audio
- Do the DACport and the DACport LX really sound different? Last post on 4/1/16 at 7:40am in Dedicated Source Components
- I have $300 to spend. Should I upgrade? Last post on 6/18/12 at 2:08am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best DAC under $200 ??? Last post on 6/25/12 at 10:02am in Dedicated Source Components
- Questions about DAC for DT990 Last post on 12/7/12 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Brief Odac impressions - Page 116
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1727 of 201810/18/13 at 9:55am
To be fair, I have 2 odacs that I have used for hundreds of hours across several pcs, both commercial and DIY. without any issues at all.
All electronics stuff have issues from time to time.
But there are far many more satisfied users of the ODAC than the few people that have publicly announced their issues with the ODAC.
When things go well most folks dont take the time to post etc its usually only when it doenst do people post mostly asking and trying to understand what is happening.
That said, either of the dacs mentioned will do just fine...
All the best
Alexpost #1728 of 201810/26/13 at 8:10am
I'm planning to buy the ODAC for my PC as well as for on the go use. I am a bit irritated that my PC does not sound good compared to my smartphone. Would the ODAC solve my problem or am I better off with a USB Soundcard (Xonar U3)?
By the way, I usually play hiphop and Rnb and a bit of movies in my PC.post #1729 of 201810/26/13 at 9:11ampost #1730 of 201810/26/13 at 6:00pm
but the odac requires an amp no?
is that the setup? why is there a need of an amp? (sorry it's my first time to use a dac)
then this setup is more expensive than using a usb soundcard like the xonar u3? how do they compare to each other?
(or considering the hifimediy dac)
Edited by kharken - 10/26/13 at 6:07pmpost #1731 of 201810/27/13 at 6:28ampost #1732 of 201811/5/13 at 1:05pmpost #1733 of 201811/5/13 at 1:41pmpost #1734 of 201811/5/13 at 2:48pmpost #1735 of 201811/5/13 at 3:20pm
I can't say it's the best, since it's a personal thing and I haven't tested them all. But it's very good in my opinion.post #1736 of 201811/5/13 at 4:50pmpost #1737 of 201811/5/13 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by matti620
I listed my ODAC for sale a month ago for $99, is there a reason why it wasn't taken already I don't know about?
Honestly, if I see an ODAC for that price around xmas I will most likely buy it. Not that I am trying to get you to hold it! I'm just saying that I think it's likely that either I or someone else will buy it around the holidays.post #1738 of 201811/7/13 at 6:18ampost #1739 of 201811/8/13 at 1:54am
I've bought the PCB version of the ODAC and installed it with a "starving student" hybrid tube amp.
So I've "built" my own headphone dac/amp . Connected to a Mele a2000 loaded with ubuntu (see: http://guillaumeplayground.net/)
And I must say.....I'm convinced. Paried with a Senn hd600 it sounds wonderfull, detailed and not fatiguing
I can imagine that the odac can sound harsh with a more analytical headphone. But with my senn's it's just right
Hope I can enjoy this setup for a long time.post #1740 of 201811/8/13 at 3:36am
ODAC harsh sounding, have to disagree there as i use my O2/ODAC combo with Senn's and Grados, and if anything it works better with the Grados. Feed them a bad mp3 file and it will sound unpleasant, but i cant blame either of them for that, they dont sugar coat anything, they just play it as it is.
- Brief Odac impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Focal Utopia - Like New - Optional WyWires Platinum Balanced Cable 21 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 1 minute ago
- › New tube amp: the Cayin HA-1A MK2 1 minute ago
- › MacBook Pro 2016 4 minutes ago
- › Build log, exploration and experimentation with my DIY Planar... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Can my amp drive HE-6 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear