so im planning to buy an iaudio 10 soon and i wonder if it bricks the same way as it does with the j3, i only have a mac, no other computer in the house, i want to know if there is a certain type of way to connect it and transfer music and videos to the i10.
- productCowon iAUDIO 10 / i10 Portable Media Players (32GB) - Blacktagged by System, 7/22/12
- productCOWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/22/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 7/22/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best/closest Cowon S9 replacement Last post on 8/14/12 at 11:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- J3 Sound Quality a step down vs. X5L and iaudio 7? Last post on 7/18/12 at 10:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- New player needed - fairly simple demands! Last post on 7/16/12 at 1:02pm in Portable Source Gear
- [resolved] Portable music @ 400$ , SQ being the main preference here. Last post on 7/12/12 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- Having a Cowon J3 isuue any help? Last post on 7/10/12 at 9:35pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Cowon iaudio10 on MAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just three months ago, I went through the same problem, owning only Imac's. The replies I received were less the encouraging
as in " how stupid to buy a Mac when you CANNOT do ANYTHING COWON WITH IT".
I have the J3 right here, and using only a Mac have enjoyed ALL the music from my ITunes collection and more.
First find `Blue Harvest" software Free and install on Mac. Every time you are ready add more music, clean caches & cookies
and re-boot. Plug in your new model 10 and transfer all. BUT WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED EJECT EJECT EJECT !!!!
You know, just like any other Mac item. Right click and eject un-plug and eject, pull it out and play. The Blue Harvest does something to clear the Mac.
But you can use only a Mac and still enjoy Cowon products, i.e. IAudio J3, or 10.
As I mentioned above, after `cleaning, etc. merely open the Cowon on your desktop, right click to see the contents in the Cowon, find music folder, then i copy & paste from my ITunes folder (which is of course imported into Itunes at the highest bit rate) straight into the music folder in the Cowon. Close Itunes, close the Cowon, then as mentioned above,
right click and EJECT the Cowon. But be sure you have the BlueHarvest software installed and prior to transferring you re-boot the Mac. Once you EJECT you should be able to enjoy. And when adding other music in the Cowon, do the same thing.
Wish you the best of luck, without a doubt you will love the Cowon, regardless of the model. It does take some certain "understanding' to figure the Cowon out. :) ((
I tried thinking as an Asian, it did little good but It is early here now, but listening to the J3, a classical musical station as I type. Wunderbar !
das va Danya !
THANKS GSHAY! help out a lot. my iaudio10 is pretty messy though... most album art is missing, some reason it doesnt have album names or artist some names. but i really enjoy my cowon, just got it today.
It might take a couple of days to adjust to the Cowon and the `way the designers think' But you will find yourself with it more then without it.
It is the middle of the night here and mine is fully charged and ready for some hours of listening. I deleted the artwork in mine. for when listening
I do not care to keep looking at the screen.
But you enjoy it and keep me posted, OK?
Cheers or beers or both,
This thread is a year old now, but I just got my iAudio 10 recently.
I use only Macs. The solution is to format the Cowon immediately as Fat 32 with Disk Utility (before you copy music). After that, everything works. Even firmware updates. No extra software is needed.
The Cowon indeed sounds much better than the iPods and the interface works fine after a bit toying around. No reason not to get it now.
Edited by mironathetin - 11/7/13 at 5:00am
I have written a review for this spectacular sounding player on Amazon. Please find it here (Called: Does it work with Macs?).
You'll find a lot of useful information about how to handle the Cowon, how to display album art, how to organize files and folders, firmware updates etc. Also some Mac specific problems.
All that is missing in the manual.
Edited by mironathetin - 11/7/13 at 5:19am
- Cowon iaudio10 on MAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor 28 seconds ago
- › The CanalWorks Discussion thread 56 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › New Audiofly Range Coming at CES 2 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 7 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 9 minutes ago
- › IEMs to shine with female vocals 12 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 13 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi