so im planning to buy an iaudio 10 soon and i wonder if it bricks the same way as it does with the j3, i only have a mac, no other computer in the house, i want to know if there is a certain type of way to connect it and transfer music and videos to the i10.
- productCowon iAUDIO 10 / i10 Portable Media Players (32GB) - Blacktagged by System, 7/22/12
- productCOWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/22/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 7/22/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 7/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best/closest Cowon S9 replacement Last post on 8/14/12 at 11:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- J3 Sound Quality a step down vs. X5L and iaudio 7? Last post on 7/18/12 at 10:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- New player needed - fairly simple demands! Last post on 7/16/12 at 1:02pm in Portable Source Gear
- [resolved] Portable music @ 400$ , SQ being the main preference here. Last post on 7/12/12 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- Having a Cowon J3 isuue any help? Last post on 7/10/12 at 9:35pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
Cowon iaudio10 on MAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just three months ago, I went through the same problem, owning only Imac's. The replies I received were less the encouraging
as in " how stupid to buy a Mac when you CANNOT do ANYTHING COWON WITH IT".
I have the J3 right here, and using only a Mac have enjoyed ALL the music from my ITunes collection and more.
First find `Blue Harvest" software Free and install on Mac. Every time you are ready add more music, clean caches & cookies
and re-boot. Plug in your new model 10 and transfer all. BUT WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED EJECT EJECT EJECT !!!!
You know, just like any other Mac item. Right click and eject un-plug and eject, pull it out and play. The Blue Harvest does something to clear the Mac.
But you can use only a Mac and still enjoy Cowon products, i.e. IAudio J3, or 10.
As I mentioned above, after `cleaning, etc. merely open the Cowon on your desktop, right click to see the contents in the Cowon, find music folder, then i copy & paste from my ITunes folder (which is of course imported into Itunes at the highest bit rate) straight into the music folder in the Cowon. Close Itunes, close the Cowon, then as mentioned above,
right click and EJECT the Cowon. But be sure you have the BlueHarvest software installed and prior to transferring you re-boot the Mac. Once you EJECT you should be able to enjoy. And when adding other music in the Cowon, do the same thing.
Wish you the best of luck, without a doubt you will love the Cowon, regardless of the model. It does take some certain "understanding' to figure the Cowon out. :) ((
I tried thinking as an Asian, it did little good but It is early here now, but listening to the J3, a classical musical station as I type. Wunderbar !
das va Danya !
THANKS GSHAY! help out a lot. my iaudio10 is pretty messy though... most album art is missing, some reason it doesnt have album names or artist some names. but i really enjoy my cowon, just got it today.
It might take a couple of days to adjust to the Cowon and the `way the designers think' But you will find yourself with it more then without it.
It is the middle of the night here and mine is fully charged and ready for some hours of listening. I deleted the artwork in mine. for when listening
I do not care to keep looking at the screen.
But you enjoy it and keep me posted, OK?
Cheers or beers or both,
This thread is a year old now, but I just got my iAudio 10 recently.
I use only Macs. The solution is to format the Cowon immediately as Fat 32 with Disk Utility (before you copy music). After that, everything works. Even firmware updates. No extra software is needed.
The Cowon indeed sounds much better than the iPods and the interface works fine after a bit toying around. No reason not to get it now.
Edited by mironathetin - 11/7/13 at 5:00am
I have written a review for this spectacular sounding player on Amazon. Please find it here (Called: Does it work with Macs?).
You'll find a lot of useful information about how to handle the Cowon, how to display album art, how to organize files and folders, firmware updates etc. Also some Mac specific problems.
All that is missing in the manual.
Edited by mironathetin - 11/7/13 at 5:19am
- Cowon iaudio10 on MAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Close back headphone with similar sound signature as the Akg K240? 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 3 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 3 minutes ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 4 minutes ago
- › ALO RX original 4 minutes ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › JRiver Media Center 19 is better! 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/29/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob