Just a quick question; what earphones does it fit? i've heard good reviews on this site about it, but i'm not sure if they are designed for only the shure range, and not others. i have a pair of monoprice 8320s and was wondering if i could use them on it.
Related Forum Threads
- Why do earphone cables go out? Last post on 7/30/10 at 1:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is $28 for the PureSound PUR800 a good deal? Last post on 11/20/12 at 8:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best iem headphones for under £20? Last post on 12/15/12 at 9:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/3/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
- Hi End Cables
Question about Shure Olives?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Outside the Shure line, I'm not sure all the brands that they can fit natively on, however it's generally easy to tell if it has a chance at fitting. if the IEM has a long, thin nozzle, there's a good chance it will fit. If it has a short or wide nozzle, it probably won't. I know Westones will fit them. I'm not sure what Monoprice's monitors have.
However, for the wider barrel monitors, it's very popular to mod some Olives to fit by doing a little black foam surgery. Search for the "olive decoring" mod, where the inner PVC tube is cut away and removed so that tubes from something like Comply tips can be inserted instead.
I've attempted this for some HiFiMan RE-0's with mixed success. The tip worked, but wanted to stay in my ear after removing the IEM. The tip was worth it, but the hassle turned out not to be, so I put the Sony Hybrids back on my RE0's and just bought SE-535s to be done with it and use my olives
- Question about Shure Olives?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 10 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 22 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 56 seconds ago
- › Need help finding similar tips to this one (pictures inside) 1 minute ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 3 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 4 minutes ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2