Just a quick question; what earphones does it fit? i've heard good reviews on this site about it, but i'm not sure if they are designed for only the shure range, and not others. i have a pair of monoprice 8320s and was wondering if i could use them on it.
Related Forum Threads
- Why do earphone cables go out? Last post on 7/30/10 at 1:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is $28 for the PureSound PUR800 a good deal? Last post on 11/20/12 at 8:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best iem headphones for under £20? Last post on 12/15/12 at 9:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/12/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
- Hi End Cables
Question about Shure Olives?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Outside the Shure line, I'm not sure all the brands that they can fit natively on, however it's generally easy to tell if it has a chance at fitting. if the IEM has a long, thin nozzle, there's a good chance it will fit. If it has a short or wide nozzle, it probably won't. I know Westones will fit them. I'm not sure what Monoprice's monitors have.
However, for the wider barrel monitors, it's very popular to mod some Olives to fit by doing a little black foam surgery. Search for the "olive decoring" mod, where the inner PVC tube is cut away and removed so that tubes from something like Comply tips can be inserted instead.
I've attempted this for some HiFiMan RE-0's with mixed success. The tip worked, but wanted to stay in my ear after removing the IEM. The tip was worth it, but the hassle turned out not to be, so I put the Sony Hybrids back on my RE0's and just bought SE-535s to be done with it and use my olives
- Question about Shure Olives?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Audio 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 7 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2