Just a quick question; what earphones does it fit? i've heard good reviews on this site about it, but i'm not sure if they are designed for only the shure range, and not others. i have a pair of monoprice 8320s and was wondering if i could use them on it.
Related Forum Threads
- Why do earphone cables go out? Last post on 7/30/10 at 1:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is $28 for the PureSound PUR800 a good deal? Last post on 11/20/12 at 8:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best iem headphones for under £20? Last post on 12/15/12 at 9:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
- Hi End Cables
Question about Shure Olives?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Outside the Shure line, I'm not sure all the brands that they can fit natively on, however it's generally easy to tell if it has a chance at fitting. if the IEM has a long, thin nozzle, there's a good chance it will fit. If it has a short or wide nozzle, it probably won't. I know Westones will fit them. I'm not sure what Monoprice's monitors have.
However, for the wider barrel monitors, it's very popular to mod some Olives to fit by doing a little black foam surgery. Search for the "olive decoring" mod, where the inner PVC tube is cut away and removed so that tubes from something like Comply tips can be inserted instead.
I've attempted this for some HiFiMan RE-0's with mixed success. The tip worked, but wanted to stay in my ear after removing the IEM. The tip was worth it, but the hassle turned out not to be, so I put the Sony Hybrids back on my RE0's and just bought SE-535s to be done with it and use my olives
- Question about Shure Olives?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 13 seconds ago
- › (It Seems That) The iPhone 6 Will Have A Headphone Jack 18 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Best Amp and pads for the JVC-SZ1000 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 6 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 6 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)