Just a quick question; what earphones does it fit? i've heard good reviews on this site about it, but i'm not sure if they are designed for only the shure range, and not others. i have a pair of monoprice 8320s and was wondering if i could use them on it.
Related Forum Threads
- Why do earphone cables go out? Last post on 7/30/10 at 1:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is $28 for the PureSound PUR800 a good deal? Last post on 11/20/12 at 8:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best iem headphones for under £20? Last post on 12/15/12 at 9:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Hi End Cables
Question about Shure Olives?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Outside the Shure line, I'm not sure all the brands that they can fit natively on, however it's generally easy to tell if it has a chance at fitting. if the IEM has a long, thin nozzle, there's a good chance it will fit. If it has a short or wide nozzle, it probably won't. I know Westones will fit them. I'm not sure what Monoprice's monitors have.
However, for the wider barrel monitors, it's very popular to mod some Olives to fit by doing a little black foam surgery. Search for the "olive decoring" mod, where the inner PVC tube is cut away and removed so that tubes from something like Comply tips can be inserted instead.
I've attempted this for some HiFiMan RE-0's with mixed success. The tip worked, but wanted to stay in my ear after removing the IEM. The tip was worth it, but the hassle turned out not to be, so I put the Sony Hybrids back on my RE0's and just bought SE-535s to be done with it and use my olives
- Question about Shure Olives?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › V Moda Crossfade M100 questions. 1 second ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-580 w/600 Grilles, 650 Cable + Aftermarket Cable. 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)