Just a quick question; what earphones does it fit? i've heard good reviews on this site about it, but i'm not sure if they are designed for only the shure range, and not others. i have a pair of monoprice 8320s and was wondering if i could use them on it.
Related Forum Threads
- Why do earphone cables go out? Last post on 7/30/10 at 1:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is $28 for the PureSound PUR800 a good deal? Last post on 11/20/12 at 8:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best iem headphones for under £20? Last post on 12/15/12 at 9:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
- Hi End Cables
Question about Shure Olives?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Outside the Shure line, I'm not sure all the brands that they can fit natively on, however it's generally easy to tell if it has a chance at fitting. if the IEM has a long, thin nozzle, there's a good chance it will fit. If it has a short or wide nozzle, it probably won't. I know Westones will fit them. I'm not sure what Monoprice's monitors have.
However, for the wider barrel monitors, it's very popular to mod some Olives to fit by doing a little black foam surgery. Search for the "olive decoring" mod, where the inner PVC tube is cut away and removed so that tubes from something like Comply tips can be inserted instead.
I've attempted this for some HiFiMan RE-0's with mixed success. The tip worked, but wanted to stay in my ear after removing the IEM. The tip was worth it, but the hassle turned out not to be, so I put the Sony Hybrids back on my RE0's and just bought SE-535s to be done with it and use my olives
- Question about Shure Olives?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 35 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Firestone Audio Tobby DAC 1 minute ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 1 minute ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › Does scratches on a CD effect sound quality besides skipping? 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2