I had a ipod touch 3rd gen. which I only used at home but now that I have a iphone 4s i plan on listening to music with my iphone 4s outside of my house. I own a HD600 with a fiio e17 and used it with my e9 and obviously i can't bring the e9 outside of my house so i plan on using your recommendation of the earphone equivalent of the HD600 and the fiio e17. Also does the iphone 4s have better sound quality than ipod touch 3rd gen.?
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
Just got the iphone 4s, what is the earphone equivalent of the HD600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HF5, UM3x, SM3, Sennheiser IE80 are very good sounding for the price and offers good soundstage, instruments separation and imaging.
^Out of the three, I haven't owned the PFE232, but the SM3 and EQ7 doesn't even sound close to the HD600; however the SM3 sounds closer over the EQ7. If the OP doesn't mind a little sound leakage, the Yuin PK1 sounds like a shrunken HD600.
I disagree. I think the SM3 is pretty close to the HD600s with a little more mid-bass and thicker mids. Of course it isn't the same, but I don't think any IEM would be. But it can be close. Perhaps you could try the Westone 2 to save some money? In some cases, I preferred it to the Westone 3. Not as wooly, but perhaps a bit thin.
Indeed. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I think the SM3s are pretty similar and probably something OP would like
Funny, there's already at least 6 threads asking the same question and they all conclude with the same results. Good luck OP and have fun in your searching.
- Just got the iphone 4s, what is the earphone equivalent of the HD600?
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 19 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 25 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 49 seconds ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Lightning Cables - Official and Custom (welcomed). 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › AMR DP-777 DAC/Preamp 6 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)