Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Grado wood makers & sellers thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado wood makers & sellers thread - Page 3

post #31 of 53
Thread Starter 

Thanks guys, I've managed to get some from Vibro Labs some time ago. Good stuff. I'll be selling them though soon so look out on the classifieds if you want a cheap pair (went with different headphones).

post #32 of 53

what is most use wood to make woody cup for grado and other headphone types of headphone. 

post #33 of 53
I see mahogany wherever I look for the most part, but also a fair amount of paduak. I personally love the ones made with mysterious chunks folks find in their sheds, etc. I want to do that myself sometime.
post #34 of 53
People say that cocobolo is best for sound
post #35 of 53

TurbulentLabs sell cups 

http://turbulentlabs.com/

 

Gamja Labs cups too.

http://headphoneku.com/detail/wooden-housing-30009.html

 

I'm finishing a few headbands, hope I cpuld sell them :-)

post #36 of 53

I know a local guy who's enjoying turning cups...its not his day job, so he's usually happy to throw out a pair for pretty cheap when he has time. He has a healthy stock of Paduak, Maple, and a few exotics like African Blackwood and Lignum Vitae. I posted some pics of huis stuff in the Grado mods thread:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/119314/post-your-grado-mods/4515

post #37 of 53

Who still makes them ?!

post #38 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLad View Post
 

Who still makes them ?!

 

Nobody it seems  :(

post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizura View Post

Nobody it seems  frown.gif

There are a few folks out there...Vibro still makes cups, a few forum members do them for themselves...I have started making my own, 7Keys does too...

Cruise eBay...
post #40 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post


There are a few folks out there...Vibro still makes cups, a few forum members do them for themselves...I have started making my own, 7Keys does too...

Cruise eBay...


There are very few options at ebay it seems. Vibro stopped taking orders.

Headphoneku also seems to sell nice cups, but they don't respond when you ask them about it.

 

There used to be a lot of options to choose from, even nice aluminium ones, but they have somehow all vanished off the planet, so sad.

I thought it was harder to make money than to spend it, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizura View Post
 


There are very few options at ebay it seems. Vibro stopped taking orders.

Headphoneku also seems to sell nice cups, but they don't respond when you ask them about it.

 

There used to be a lot of options to choose from, even nice aluminium ones, but they have somehow all vanished off the planet, so sad.

I thought it was harder to make money than to spend it, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

 

*chuckle* I am pretty sure someone will take your money. I know Martin Custom Audio is also still active...busy, but active.

post #42 of 53

I bought my cups from seller ned2021 on eBay. 

http://www.ebay.com/usr/ned2021?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

 

If the avatar looks familiar, you aren't mistaken. 

post #43 of 53

Mahogany, Aluminum-Mahogany cups, solid Mahogany head-amp chassis, Mahogany jack connectors and cable splitters.

 

www.ellevenacoustica.com

 

.


Edited by Konstantin690 - 10/1/14 at 8:28am
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin690 View Post

Mahogany, Aluminum-Mahogany cups, solid Mahogany head-amp chassis, Mahogany jack connectors and cable splitters.

www.ellevenacoustica.com

.

NICE! A source for aluminium cups!
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin690 View Post

www.ellevenacoustica.com.

I wrote them and so far I haven't get news. I hope their prices are competitive. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Grado wood makers & sellers thread