Audio GD is pumping out some amps.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "Transportable" Dac/Amps - recommendations? Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dac/Amp to go with Grado RS-2s Last post on 2/26/13 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Cheap ($100-$200) amp (pref. DAC combo) for HE-500 with analog line in Last post on 6/19/12 at 8:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp - Page 4post #46 of 1606/14/12 at 8:57pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 1607/6/12 at 6:43amThread Starterpost #48 of 1607/6/12 at 6:58ampost #49 of 1607/6/12 at 8:33amThread Starter
Mine has some noise from USB power and why the battery is being used now I'm guessing (I have not tested it using a separate power supply as I only use it as a portable). Kingwa told me he has no noise with his Mac laptop. The sound quality is better than any portable I have ever used even with the noise. I may sell my NFB10SE and use this for my bedroom rig it's that good.
He needs to get a better 1/8" jack though, I think he fixed that.
Edited by tim3320070 - 7/6/12 at 8:37ampost #50 of 1607/16/12 at 5:01pmThread Starter
I got the new battery powered NFB-16 today. Huge improvement in background noise- as in, there is no noise- totally black background like all their other gear. Great realism, depth and air to well recorded music, on par with my NFB10SE.
If you can tolerate the larger size and weight, I can't imagine better portable music (especially for under $200). Also, using USB power, noise is considerably less though still audible especially with sensitive IEM's (hard to hear with my DT770-600 until near full volume).
I am looking to go USB from my Samsung Note phone at some point (hoping to have this work)- this rig would be awesome for traveling.post #51 of 1607/16/12 at 5:14pmpost #52 of 1607/16/12 at 7:34pmpost #53 of 1607/17/12 at 3:54ampost #54 of 1607/17/12 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #55 of 1607/17/12 at 7:30am
I have been back and forth with Kingwa for 2 weeks about the NFB-16, so just want to confirm.
I mainly want to use it with DAPs (ipod LOD etc.) with the usb input as a plus for laptop. Battery charges via wall wart only? Basically, charge it up and you can use it solely on battery power for DAPs and usb? Says about 5 hours for usb use and 20 or so for line in on battey charge?
Basically, I wanted something like the FUN(A) which I own but with a smaller foot print. I use the FUN with powered speakers, headphones, line-in etc. and Kingwa advised that since the NFB-16 has no pre-out I can still use it in that fashion via an adapter to the headphone out. Thoughts? Not really a necessity but would be nice if I can use speakers as well.
Last thing, since you spoke about the DI. I have the DI (B). Can you use the supplied wall wart for the NFB-16 in the DI?
Just trying to maximize this product...lolpost #56 of 1607/17/12 at 11:47amThread Starter
Yes, battery alone works well and is more powerful than USB as a bonus. I t looks like it charges only via the power supply (not usb). I have not tested the DI with this power supply but the spec's are the same on the agd website for DI and NFB16. I don't imagine the line out of the Fun vs the head out of the 16 would be noticeably different.post #57 of 1607/17/12 at 5:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by tim3320070
Yes, battery alone works well and is more powerful than USB as a bonus. I t looks like it charges only via the power supply (not usb). I have not tested the DI with this power supply but the spec's are the same on the agd website for DI and NFB16. I don't imagine the line out of the Fun vs the head out of the 16 would be noticeably different.
Thanks very much for the info Tim. Will be ordering shortly.
Cheers!!!post #58 of 1607/18/12 at 9:33amQuote:
I see, but that reference on e17, e10 and d10 is enough to knowpost #59 of 1607/18/12 at 3:14pm
Order placed Tim. Can't wait to play with this little bad boy.
In reference to the headout being used as a pre-out that you mentioned, would you think using the 1/8" vs the 1/4" make a difference? I have a TS adapter I can throw on it but using a mini to mini would be much easier to my A5s vs. RCA to my Rokits.
Again, just trying to maximixe this $200 box...lol...
Edited by HeatFan12 - 7/18/12 at 3:15pmpost #60 of 1607/18/12 at 4:48pmThread Starter
- NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 18 seconds ago
- › Just tried my wife's bluetooth Sony Sbh-60. 38 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › For 6BL7 tube users 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Adam F5, Paradigm Shift A2, Vanatoo T1? 3 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio M3 or X1, number of tracks 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7/7+ Compact External DAC/Amp Thread 5 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear