Audio GD is pumping out some amps.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "Transportable" Dac/Amps - recommendations? Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dac/Amp to go with Grado RS-2s Last post on 2/26/13 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Cheap ($100-$200) amp (pref. DAC combo) for HE-500 with analog line in Last post on 6/19/12 at 8:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp - Page 4post #46 of 1606/14/12 at 8:57pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 1607/6/12 at 6:43amThread Starterpost #48 of 1607/6/12 at 6:58ampost #49 of 1607/6/12 at 8:33amThread Starter
Mine has some noise from USB power and why the battery is being used now I'm guessing (I have not tested it using a separate power supply as I only use it as a portable). Kingwa told me he has no noise with his Mac laptop. The sound quality is better than any portable I have ever used even with the noise. I may sell my NFB10SE and use this for my bedroom rig it's that good.
He needs to get a better 1/8" jack though, I think he fixed that.
Edited by tim3320070 - 7/6/12 at 8:37ampost #50 of 1607/16/12 at 5:01pmThread Starter
I got the new battery powered NFB-16 today. Huge improvement in background noise- as in, there is no noise- totally black background like all their other gear. Great realism, depth and air to well recorded music, on par with my NFB10SE.
If you can tolerate the larger size and weight, I can't imagine better portable music (especially for under $200). Also, using USB power, noise is considerably less though still audible especially with sensitive IEM's (hard to hear with my DT770-600 until near full volume).
I am looking to go USB from my Samsung Note phone at some point (hoping to have this work)- this rig would be awesome for traveling.post #51 of 1607/16/12 at 5:14pmpost #52 of 1607/16/12 at 7:34pmpost #53 of 1607/17/12 at 3:54ampost #54 of 1607/17/12 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #55 of 1607/17/12 at 7:30am
I have been back and forth with Kingwa for 2 weeks about the NFB-16, so just want to confirm.
I mainly want to use it with DAPs (ipod LOD etc.) with the usb input as a plus for laptop. Battery charges via wall wart only? Basically, charge it up and you can use it solely on battery power for DAPs and usb? Says about 5 hours for usb use and 20 or so for line in on battey charge?
Basically, I wanted something like the FUN(A) which I own but with a smaller foot print. I use the FUN with powered speakers, headphones, line-in etc. and Kingwa advised that since the NFB-16 has no pre-out I can still use it in that fashion via an adapter to the headphone out. Thoughts? Not really a necessity but would be nice if I can use speakers as well.
Last thing, since you spoke about the DI. I have the DI (B). Can you use the supplied wall wart for the NFB-16 in the DI?
Just trying to maximize this product...lolpost #56 of 1607/17/12 at 11:47amThread Starter
Yes, battery alone works well and is more powerful than USB as a bonus. I t looks like it charges only via the power supply (not usb). I have not tested the DI with this power supply but the spec's are the same on the agd website for DI and NFB16. I don't imagine the line out of the Fun vs the head out of the 16 would be noticeably different.post #57 of 1607/17/12 at 5:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by tim3320070
Yes, battery alone works well and is more powerful than USB as a bonus. I t looks like it charges only via the power supply (not usb). I have not tested the DI with this power supply but the spec's are the same on the agd website for DI and NFB16. I don't imagine the line out of the Fun vs the head out of the 16 would be noticeably different.
Thanks very much for the info Tim. Will be ordering shortly.
Cheers!!!post #58 of 1607/18/12 at 9:33amQuote:
I see, but that reference on e17, e10 and d10 is enough to knowpost #59 of 1607/18/12 at 3:14pm
Order placed Tim. Can't wait to play with this little bad boy.
In reference to the headout being used as a pre-out that you mentioned, would you think using the 1/8" vs the 1/4" make a difference? I have a TS adapter I can throw on it but using a mini to mini would be much easier to my A5s vs. RCA to my Rokits.
Again, just trying to maximixe this $200 box...lol...
Edited by HeatFan12 - 7/18/12 at 3:15pmpost #60 of 1607/18/12 at 4:48pmThread Starter
- NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 17 seconds ago
- › TFZ Balance 2M 1 minute ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear