Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "Transportable" Dac/Amps - recommendations? Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dac/Amp to go with Grado RS-2s Last post on 2/26/13 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Cheap ($100-$200) amp (pref. DAC combo) for HE-500 with analog line in Last post on 6/19/12 at 8:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp - Page 11post #151 of 16010/29/12 at 12:40am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #152 of 16010/29/12 at 6:39pm
Emailed them and they said they discontinued it due to 2% of users having compatibility issues. Talk about dedication! Anyhoo, Kingwa has offered me one anyway, albeit without warranty. He also said they'll be releasing a revision next year. Should I go for it?post #153 of 16010/30/12 at 1:23amQuote:
Depends... What do you wanna use it with? I think its a great portable as well as desktop dac amp. I like it. It has enough juice to power my pro 900 but you cant go much lower efficiency wise. So dont expect it to drive hard to drive phones. Compared to my E11,it has a little less(!) power but improves the slund much better. It is dynamic and neutral.post #154 of 16010/30/12 at 5:52amQuote:Originally Posted by conquerator2
Depends... What do you wanna use it with? I think its a great portable as well as desktop dac amp. I like it. It has enough juice to power my pro 900 but you cant go much lower efficiency wise. So dont expect it to drive hard to drive phones. Compared to my E11,it has a little less(!) power but improves the slund much better. It is dynamic and neutral.
Thanks for the advice! I turned it down to wait for the revisions when I have more cash. And I was going to use it both at home and on the go to power some lower-end Beyers and Grados, so I think it will be fine.post #155 of 16010/30/12 at 7:49amQuote:
Then it should suit your needs... Cant see how a revision could be better, but hey what do I know :Dpost #156 of 16010/31/12 at 5:52amQuote:
Awesome! And, the only thing different in the revision will be an updated driver. No, not a usb driver, the "driver" in the dac/amp.post #157 of 16010/31/12 at 6:07am
I think Kingwa would rather release something that works with 100% of users, not 98%. I've suggested it already, but the same thing in a case half the size with much smaller switches and only 3.5mm input would be brilliant I reckon.post #158 of 16010/31/12 at 7:10pm
But I like my 1/4 inch headphone compatibility :( Do you know of an amp/dac similar to this one, Curra? (more interested in the dac portion)post #159 of 16011/2/12 at 6:21amThread Starterpost #160 of 16011/28/12 at 8:11pm
Hey guy's I'm really new to this site and recently purchased this Dac/Amp. How ever I don't really like it as much since my headphones don't really need a high impedance to drive them. I only own this for one day and was just wondering if any one was interested in purchasing this, since I cannot post on the Sell/Swap selection. How ever I have listed this on eBay
Since I'm from Australia, I will post this overseas. Cheers
*Please don't be put off by my 1 post and thinking I am a scammer.Thanks
Edited by willytboy - 11/28/12 at 8:34pm
- NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 15 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 43 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Force Wave 5 Planar Magnetic 1 minute ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear