Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "Transportable" Dac/Amps - recommendations? Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dac/Amp to go with Grado RS-2s Last post on 2/26/13 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Cheap ($100-$200) amp (pref. DAC combo) for HE-500 with analog line in Last post on 6/19/12 at 8:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp - Page 11post #151 of 16010/29/12 at 12:40am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #152 of 16010/29/12 at 6:39pm
Emailed them and they said they discontinued it due to 2% of users having compatibility issues. Talk about dedication! Anyhoo, Kingwa has offered me one anyway, albeit without warranty. He also said they'll be releasing a revision next year. Should I go for it?post #153 of 16010/30/12 at 1:23amQuote:
Depends... What do you wanna use it with? I think its a great portable as well as desktop dac amp. I like it. It has enough juice to power my pro 900 but you cant go much lower efficiency wise. So dont expect it to drive hard to drive phones. Compared to my E11,it has a little less(!) power but improves the slund much better. It is dynamic and neutral.post #154 of 16010/30/12 at 5:52amQuote:Originally Posted by conquerator2
Depends... What do you wanna use it with? I think its a great portable as well as desktop dac amp. I like it. It has enough juice to power my pro 900 but you cant go much lower efficiency wise. So dont expect it to drive hard to drive phones. Compared to my E11,it has a little less(!) power but improves the slund much better. It is dynamic and neutral.
Thanks for the advice! I turned it down to wait for the revisions when I have more cash. And I was going to use it both at home and on the go to power some lower-end Beyers and Grados, so I think it will be fine.post #155 of 16010/30/12 at 7:49amQuote:
Then it should suit your needs... Cant see how a revision could be better, but hey what do I know :Dpost #156 of 16010/31/12 at 5:52amQuote:
Awesome! And, the only thing different in the revision will be an updated driver. No, not a usb driver, the "driver" in the dac/amp.post #157 of 16010/31/12 at 6:07am
I think Kingwa would rather release something that works with 100% of users, not 98%. I've suggested it already, but the same thing in a case half the size with much smaller switches and only 3.5mm input would be brilliant I reckon.post #158 of 16010/31/12 at 7:10pm
But I like my 1/4 inch headphone compatibility :( Do you know of an amp/dac similar to this one, Curra? (more interested in the dac portion)post #159 of 16011/2/12 at 6:21amThread Starterpost #160 of 16011/28/12 at 8:11pm
Hey guy's I'm really new to this site and recently purchased this Dac/Amp. How ever I don't really like it as much since my headphones don't really need a high impedance to drive them. I only own this for one day and was just wondering if any one was interested in purchasing this, since I cannot post on the Sell/Swap selection. How ever I have listed this on eBay
Since I'm from Australia, I will post this overseas. Cheers
*Please don't be put off by my 1 post and thinking I am a scammer.Thanks
Edited by willytboy - 11/28/12 at 8:34pm
- NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 49 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 8-wire OCC SPC & Silver (2pin, 3.5mm SE) 2 minutes ago
- › Nobsound NS-08E also know as Nobsound 6J9 hybrid tube amp 3 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels Audio The Dark Star Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifier... 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro MK II - MassDrop LTD Purple Heart Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear