Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp - Page 11

post #151 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

Sorry for bumping this up, but is this little guy still available? I don't see it on the Audio-gd products page, but it's not under discontinued either... I would just email them, but I don't want a quote until I'm absolutely set on purchasing.
they wont send you a quote right away. just ask Kingwa or send an email their wy. I have its god vey neutrl yet dynamic and relatively powerful
post #152 of 160

Emailed them and they said they discontinued it due to 2% of users having compatibility issues. Talk about dedication! Anyhoo, Kingwa has offered me one anyway, albeit without warranty. He also said they'll be releasing a revision next year. Should I go for it?

post #153 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

Emailed them and they said they discontinued it due to 2% of users having compatibility issues. Talk about dedication! Anyhoo, Kingwa has offered me one anyway, albeit without warranty. He also said they'll be releasing a revision next year. Should I go for it?

Depends... What do you wanna use it with? I think its a great portable as well as desktop dac amp. I like it. It has enough juice to power my pro 900 but you cant go much lower efficiency wise. So dont expect it to drive hard to drive phones. Compared to my E11,it has a little less(!) power but improves the slund much better. It is dynamic and neutral.
post #154 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post


Depends... What do you wanna use it with? I think its a great portable as well as desktop dac amp. I like it. It has enough juice to power my pro 900 but you cant go much lower efficiency wise. So dont expect it to drive hard to drive phones. Compared to my E11,it has a little less(!) power but improves the slund much better. It is dynamic and neutral.

Thanks for the advice! I turned it down to wait for the revisions when I have more cash. And I was going to use it both at home and on the go to power some lower-end Beyers and Grados, so I think it will be fine.

post #155 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

Thanks for the advice! I turned it down to wait for the revisions when I have more cash. And I was going to use it both at home and on the go to power some lower-end Beyers and Grados, so I think it will be fine.

 

Then it should suit your needs... Cant see how a revision could be better, but hey what do I know :D

post #156 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

 

Then it should suit your needs... Cant see how a revision could be better, but hey what do I know :D

Awesome! And, the only thing different in the revision will be an updated driver. No, not a usb driver, the "driver" in the dac/amp. 

post #157 of 160

I think Kingwa would rather release something that works with 100% of users, not 98%. I've suggested it already, but the same thing in a case half the size with much smaller switches and only 3.5mm input would be brilliant I reckon.

post #158 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

...and only 3.5mm input would be brilliant I reckon.

But I like my 1/4 inch headphone compatibility :( Do you know of an amp/dac similar to this one, Curra? (more interested in the dac portion)

post #159 of 160
Thread Starter 

Using a wall wart power supply increases it's output over battery and USB.

I am curious abut the new version coming.

post #160 of 160

Hey guy's I'm really new to this site and recently purchased this Dac/Amp. How ever I don't really like it as much since my headphones don't really need a high impedance to drive them. I only own this for one day and was just wondering if any one was interested in purchasing this, since I cannot post on the Sell/Swap selection. How ever I have listed this on eBay 
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181035182587?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1363
Since I'm from Australia, I will post this overseas. Cheers

*Please don't be put off by my 1 post and thinking I am a scammer.Thanks


Edited by willytboy - 11/28/12 at 8:34pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp