No- read up on this, there is a huge thread in "Source", it's a USB to coax converter. The PSU is a separate power supply that powers this and the NFB-16.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "Transportable" Dac/Amps - recommendations? Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dac/Amp to go with Grado RS-2s Last post on 2/26/13 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Cheap ($100-$200) amp (pref. DAC combo) for HE-500 with analog line in Last post on 6/19/12 at 8:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
- Headphone Impedance
NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp - Page 2
I am about to pull the trigger on this with external PSU and the upgraded clock chip. I have been using my NFB-12 for just over a year and I love it! I am in need of something that will do 24/192 for work, and more importantly for my bedroom system both using USB input. First question, is the TCXO clock upgrade useful? My desired sound signature is very detailed and very transparent. If this clock will do even the slightest bit to help with that, it is a no brainer for me.
How does it work using the 1/4" to RCA adapter for DAC out? Is this a true Line-Out signal with D/A conversion being handled by the NFB-16 and the external amplifier accepting the analog signal? I have never seen this done before. I am using my old Yamaha receiver for amplification at the moment, but I do intend to get a decent amp at some point so I would like to have an acceptable analog output available. If this is an acceptable method of transfer, my order will be placed!
Edited by Greg121986 - 5/25/12 at 5:06pm
I emailed Kingwa and he confirmed that when using the 1/4" to RCA output for DAC out, it is not a fixed line level signal. The output of this signal when powered by USB 5V will be a max 1.2V. When powered by the external power supply this will reach a maximum of 5V. So it is variable output and can be controlled by the volume knob.
I was hoping for a fixed line level output.
Not for your pocket but for a laptop case or backpack, why not? I'll see if the sound quality is worth the size though. I have owned the iBasso D10, E17 and E10 to compare.
I saw it a few days ago but ultimately still ordered the 12.1 as I don't need a portable device.
I will admit I bought the NFB 12.1 half blind. Without reading the NFB thread or even knowing what the switches will change or modify the sound to be.
- NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion 4 seconds ago
- › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions 6 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 43 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 55 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Is headphone "break-in" an actual phenomenon? 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)