No- read up on this, there is a huge thread in "Source", it's a USB to coax converter. The PSU is a separate power supply that powers this and the NFB-16.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "Transportable" Dac/Amps - recommendations? Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dac/Amp to go with Grado RS-2s Last post on 2/26/13 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Cheap ($100-$200) amp (pref. DAC combo) for HE-500 with analog line in Last post on 6/19/12 at 8:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
- Headphone Impedance
NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am about to pull the trigger on this with external PSU and the upgraded clock chip. I have been using my NFB-12 for just over a year and I love it! I am in need of something that will do 24/192 for work, and more importantly for my bedroom system both using USB input. First question, is the TCXO clock upgrade useful? My desired sound signature is very detailed and very transparent. If this clock will do even the slightest bit to help with that, it is a no brainer for me.
How does it work using the 1/4" to RCA adapter for DAC out? Is this a true Line-Out signal with D/A conversion being handled by the NFB-16 and the external amplifier accepting the analog signal? I have never seen this done before. I am using my old Yamaha receiver for amplification at the moment, but I do intend to get a decent amp at some point so I would like to have an acceptable analog output available. If this is an acceptable method of transfer, my order will be placed!
Edited by Greg121986 - 5/25/12 at 5:06pm
I emailed Kingwa and he confirmed that when using the 1/4" to RCA output for DAC out, it is not a fixed line level signal. The output of this signal when powered by USB 5V will be a max 1.2V. When powered by the external power supply this will reach a maximum of 5V. So it is variable output and can be controlled by the volume knob.
I was hoping for a fixed line level output.
Not for your pocket but for a laptop case or backpack, why not? I'll see if the sound quality is worth the size though. I have owned the iBasso D10, E17 and E10 to compare.
I saw it a few days ago but ultimately still ordered the 12.1 as I don't need a portable device.
I will admit I bought the NFB 12.1 half blind. Without reading the NFB thread or even knowing what the switches will change or modify the sound to be.
- NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Band Name Game II 14 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 24 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 59 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD598 or Grado SR225e 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3