No- read up on this, there is a huge thread in "Source", it's a USB to coax converter. The PSU is a separate power supply that powers this and the NFB-16.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "Transportable" Dac/Amps - recommendations? Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- USB DAC and seperate headphone amp OR combo USB DAC headphone amp Last post on 8/13/12 at 2:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dac/Amp to go with Grado RS-2s Last post on 2/26/13 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Cheap ($100-$200) amp (pref. DAC combo) for HE-500 with analog line in Last post on 6/19/12 at 8:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
- Headphone Impedance
NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“well designed,great sound,superior build quality”“Fairly flat sound signature, price/performance ratio”
- Pros:“Warm sound signature, detailed, non-fatiguing”“Richly detailed, supremely textured, natural sound that is smooth, effortless and relaxing to listen to. A forgiving allrounder with superb comfort.”
I am about to pull the trigger on this with external PSU and the upgraded clock chip. I have been using my NFB-12 for just over a year and I love it! I am in need of something that will do 24/192 for work, and more importantly for my bedroom system both using USB input. First question, is the TCXO clock upgrade useful? My desired sound signature is very detailed and very transparent. If this clock will do even the slightest bit to help with that, it is a no brainer for me.
How does it work using the 1/4" to RCA adapter for DAC out? Is this a true Line-Out signal with D/A conversion being handled by the NFB-16 and the external amplifier accepting the analog signal? I have never seen this done before. I am using my old Yamaha receiver for amplification at the moment, but I do intend to get a decent amp at some point so I would like to have an acceptable analog output available. If this is an acceptable method of transfer, my order will be placed!
Edited by Greg121986 - 5/25/12 at 5:06pm
I emailed Kingwa and he confirmed that when using the 1/4" to RCA output for DAC out, it is not a fixed line level signal. The output of this signal when powered by USB 5V will be a max 1.2V. When powered by the external power supply this will reach a maximum of 5V. So it is variable output and can be controlled by the volume knob.
I was hoping for a fixed line level output.
Not for your pocket but for a laptop case or backpack, why not? I'll see if the sound quality is worth the size though. I have owned the iBasso D10, E17 and E10 to compare.
I saw it a few days ago but ultimately still ordered the 12.1 as I don't need a portable device.
I will admit I bought the NFB 12.1 half blind. Without reading the NFB thread or even knowing what the switches will change or modify the sound to be.
- NEW Audio-gd NFB-16 class A ACSS portable DAC/Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Brief Odac impressions 51 seconds ago
- › Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip? 1 minute ago
- › Am I crazy for preferring the HE-500's over the LCD2.2's? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 1 minute ago
- › Koss PRODJ100: Headphones by which all others must be judged! 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 2 minutes ago
- › Xbox ONE 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 3 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe