Originally Posted by alec cat
Hi compuryan, a few questions. Did you have any build threads elsewhere? Any notes on your parts selections / custom settings? This has a shared trafo, right, not dual mono? Also, could you advise the power rating into 4ohms? Thanks
It will provide 310w per channel into 4 ohms
The parts used and settings were essentially the same used in AMB's build.
- Pesante Dissipante enclosure from hifi2000
- Cardas quadeutectic solder used for entire build
- Vishay/dale and caddock resistors
- Nichicon capacitors
- gold-plated binding posts, Neutrik XLR sockets, relay used for power on/off
- teflon-insulated silver-plated copper wiring used wherever possible (all signal paths)
- The transformers and unregulated power sections are shared, but the regulated supplies (sigma 22's) are completely independent
- The transformers used are a custom 30VA SumR transformer for the regulated section and a 630VA DIYcable transformer for the unregulated section (AMB uses a 500VA Piltron in his build).
I've also built: a 4-channel and a 2-channel β22 headphone amp, two buffalo32S DACs, several smaller amps as well as modifications on other amplifiers, and lots of cables
I didn't document all of them, but here is one of the Buffalo32s DACs I built: http://www.head-fi.org/t/552408/sold-buffalo32s
Here is one of the β22s I built: http://www.head-fi.org/t/387115/the-22-is-done-pictures-on-page-5/60#post_5267687