- 17 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 5/26/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 5/26/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 5/26/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/26/12
- productiBasso D7tagged by System, 5/26/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference? Last post on 11/30/12 at 1:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone amp help Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E7 OR E17? Last post on 9/22/12 at 7:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
- Headphone Impedance
To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Fiio E17 are battery powered USB DAC/AMPs and they sound better than laptop included soundcards. There various prices for these AMPs/DAC to use with laptop and they are portable. Fiio E17, iBasso D7(not battery powered but sound so amazing, desktop level soundquality and work with laptops), XM6 are recommended and they all fall in different price catogaries.
Edited by ZARIM - 5/22/12 at 12:24pm
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr - $499/£399 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › High End audiophile products - not many differences to cheap... 4 minutes ago
- › Benchmark DAC 1 - still a good piece ? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2