- 17 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 5/26/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 5/26/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 5/26/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/26/12
- productiBasso D7tagged by System, 5/26/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference? Last post on 11/30/12 at 1:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone amp help Last post on 10/17/12 at 6:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E7 OR E17? Last post on 9/22/12 at 7:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee questionpost #1 of 45/22/12 at 11:51amThread StarterHeyI am looking at buying an amp for my headphones to use with my laptopI have a FiiO E6 already and I like a would really like a USB amp like a E10, E7 or E17But I have also come across some of Creative's products like[url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Sound-Blaster-X-Fi-Card/dp/B003RRY3WE/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1337342490&sr=8-6[/url][url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Labs-70SB109500002-Blaster-Surround/dp/B0042RUEQW/ref=dp_cp_ob_computers_title_0]Creative Labs 70SB109500002 Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 PRO Sound Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories[/url][url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Labs-70SB129000002-Sound-Blaster/dp/B0042RUERG/ref=dp_cp_ob_computers_title_2]Creative Labs 70SB129000002 Sound Blaster X-Fi Go PRO USB Sound Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories[/url]Will these work similar to the FiiO amps or are they entirely different products? what category do those creative products fall in to - amp or external sound card? and what is the difference
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 45/22/12 at 12:23pm
The Fiio E17 are battery powered USB DAC/AMPs and they sound better than laptop included soundcards. There various prices for these AMPs/DAC to use with laptop and they are portable. Fiio E17, iBasso D7(not battery powered but sound so amazing, desktop level soundquality and work with laptops), XM6 are recommended and they all fall in different price catogaries.
Edited by ZARIM - 5/22/12 at 12:24pmpost #3 of 45/22/12 at 12:29pmThread Starterpost #4 of 45/23/12 at 2:43pm
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 32 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Curious Cables USB 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Metrum Pavane 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for Movies? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost vs Bifrost Multibit (Bimby) + Amp recommendations 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear