I don't really mind about the price, I just want your personal opinion about the headphones. I listen to mostly rock. Also let me know if their better with an amp.
- brandAKGtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAKG K 242 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAKG K 242 Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Narrowing purchase to 4 AKG Headphones: Audiophile's Plea Last post on 9/2/11 at 6:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K272 vs. ATH A900 for unamped listening Last post on 7/26/11 at 10:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other? Last post on 8/20/10 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- How to access behind the drivers and makes things fine : AKG 242 HD Last post on 8/19/10 at 4:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- akg k271 mkii vs akg k272hd Last post on 8/17/10 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HDpost #1 of 65/21/12 at 8:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/21/12 at 10:54pmpost #3 of 65/22/12 at 1:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 65/22/12 at 1:45am
They require a decent amount of power, you will need a dac/amp to power them.
The Asus stx with Ad797 opamps has great synergy with the AKG K242hd, but the Asus is out of the equation.
of the 2 the K242hd has a more bass, and soundstage.post #5 of 65/23/12 at 5:28amHow do they compare to K240 MP/LP?
My Source / Amp;
* Amp: Audio-GD NFB-12, Schiit Valhalla
* Dac: Oritek Audio D2.5, Valab NOS DAC (Heavily Modded), NFB-12
* Transport: Audio-GD DI v2 (not yet arrived), foobar2000 WASAPI
Edited by LosNir - 5/23/12 at 5:30ampost #6 of 65/23/12 at 5:40amQuote:
The K242 are amp dependant, the amps SS tends to show through a great deal, so pinning down their details is hard.
But, slightly recessed midrange naturally, quite bright, huge soundstage, and imaging. Very good detail for the money, scales well with better gear. And naturally analytical.
Needs a fair amount of power, you will be ok.
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Destiny 3 seconds ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a 2.1 powered speaker setup for my computer, to be used... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones or 2.1 Speakers? ($500 budget) 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 6 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)