I don't really mind about the price, I just want your personal opinion about the headphones. I listen to mostly rock. Also let me know if their better with an amp.
- brandAKGtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAKG K 242 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAKG K 242 Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Narrowing purchase to 4 AKG Headphones: Audiophile's Plea Last post on 9/2/11 at 6:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K272 vs. ATH A900 for unamped listening Last post on 7/26/11 at 10:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other? Last post on 8/20/10 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- How to access behind the drivers and makes things fine : AKG 242 HD Last post on 8/19/10 at 4:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- akg k271 mkii vs akg k272hd Last post on 8/17/10 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HDpost #1 of 65/21/12 at 8:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/21/12 at 10:54pmpost #3 of 65/22/12 at 1:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 65/22/12 at 1:45am
They require a decent amount of power, you will need a dac/amp to power them.
The Asus stx with Ad797 opamps has great synergy with the AKG K242hd, but the Asus is out of the equation.
of the 2 the K242hd has a more bass, and soundstage.post #5 of 65/23/12 at 5:28amHow do they compare to K240 MP/LP?
My Source / Amp;
* Amp: Audio-GD NFB-12, Schiit Valhalla
* Dac: Oritek Audio D2.5, Valab NOS DAC (Heavily Modded), NFB-12
* Transport: Audio-GD DI v2 (not yet arrived), foobar2000 WASAPI
Edited by LosNir - 5/23/12 at 5:30ampost #6 of 65/23/12 at 5:40amQuote:
The K242 are amp dependant, the amps SS tends to show through a great deal, so pinning down their details is hard.
But, slightly recessed midrange naturally, quite bright, huge soundstage, and imaging. Very good detail for the money, scales well with better gear. And naturally analytical.
Needs a fair amount of power, you will be ok.
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 47 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 57 seconds ago
- › Want to Control Speakers/Sub and Headphones Through Separate Volume... 58 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 59 seconds ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Needing new headphones but on a budget 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...