I don't really mind about the price, I just want your personal opinion about the headphones. I listen to mostly rock. Also let me know if their better with an amp.
- brandAKGtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAKG K 242 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAKG K 242 Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Narrowing purchase to 4 AKG Headphones: Audiophile's Plea Last post on 9/2/11 at 6:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K272 vs. ATH A900 for unamped listening Last post on 7/26/11 at 10:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other? Last post on 8/20/10 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- How to access behind the drivers and makes things fine : AKG 242 HD Last post on 8/19/10 at 4:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- akg k271 mkii vs akg k272hd Last post on 8/17/10 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HDpost #1 of 65/21/12 at 8:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/21/12 at 10:54pmpost #3 of 65/22/12 at 1:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 65/22/12 at 1:45am
They require a decent amount of power, you will need a dac/amp to power them.
The Asus stx with Ad797 opamps has great synergy with the AKG K242hd, but the Asus is out of the equation.
of the 2 the K242hd has a more bass, and soundstage.post #5 of 65/23/12 at 5:28amHow do they compare to K240 MP/LP?
My Source / Amp;
* Amp: Audio-GD NFB-12, Schiit Valhalla
* Dac: Oritek Audio D2.5, Valab NOS DAC (Heavily Modded), NFB-12
* Transport: Audio-GD DI v2 (not yet arrived), foobar2000 WASAPI
Edited by LosNir - 5/23/12 at 5:30ampost #6 of 65/23/12 at 5:40amQuote:
The K242 are amp dependant, the amps SS tends to show through a great deal, so pinning down their details is hard.
But, slightly recessed midrange naturally, quite bright, huge soundstage, and imaging. Very good detail for the money, scales well with better gear. And naturally analytical.
Needs a fair amount of power, you will be ok.
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 17 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 /... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendation on DAC/AMP to use with Mad Dogs 5 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 (First post last... 7 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)