I don't really mind about the price, I just want your personal opinion about the headphones. I listen to mostly rock. Also let me know if their better with an amp.
- brandAKGtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAKG K 242 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAKG K 242 Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Narrowing purchase to 4 AKG Headphones: Audiophile's Plea Last post on 9/2/11 at 6:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K272 vs. ATH A900 for unamped listening Last post on 7/26/11 at 10:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other? Last post on 8/20/10 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- How to access behind the drivers and makes things fine : AKG 242 HD Last post on 8/19/10 at 4:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- akg k271 mkii vs akg k272hd Last post on 8/17/10 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HDpost #1 of 65/21/12 at 8:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/21/12 at 10:54pmpost #3 of 65/22/12 at 1:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 65/22/12 at 1:45am
They require a decent amount of power, you will need a dac/amp to power them.
The Asus stx with Ad797 opamps has great synergy with the AKG K242hd, but the Asus is out of the equation.
of the 2 the K242hd has a more bass, and soundstage.post #5 of 65/23/12 at 5:28amHow do they compare to K240 MP/LP?
My Source / Amp;
* Amp: Audio-GD NFB-12, Schiit Valhalla
* Dac: Oritek Audio D2.5, Valab NOS DAC (Heavily Modded), NFB-12
* Transport: Audio-GD DI v2 (not yet arrived), foobar2000 WASAPI
Edited by LosNir - 5/23/12 at 5:30ampost #6 of 65/23/12 at 5:40amQuote:
The K242 are amp dependant, the amps SS tends to show through a great deal, so pinning down their details is hard.
But, slightly recessed midrange naturally, quite bright, huge soundstage, and imaging. Very good detail for the money, scales well with better gear. And naturally analytical.
Needs a fair amount of power, you will be ok.
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 9 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 13 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamics DT 990 pro 250OHM help! DAC & Amp Recommendations 59 seconds ago
- › Superlux Express Train 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Do hard drives sound different? 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)