I don't really mind about the price, I just want your personal opinion about the headphones. I listen to mostly rock. Also let me know if their better with an amp.
- brandAKGtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAKG K 242 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAKG K 242 Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Narrowing purchase to 4 AKG Headphones: Audiophile's Plea Last post on 9/2/11 at 6:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K272 vs. ATH A900 for unamped listening Last post on 7/26/11 at 10:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other? Last post on 8/20/10 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- How to access behind the drivers and makes things fine : AKG 242 HD Last post on 8/19/10 at 4:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- akg k271 mkii vs akg k272hd Last post on 8/17/10 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION Firstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from...
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HDpost #1 of 65/21/12 at 8:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 65/21/12 at 10:54pmpost #3 of 65/22/12 at 1:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 65/22/12 at 1:45am
They require a decent amount of power, you will need a dac/amp to power them.
The Asus stx with Ad797 opamps has great synergy with the AKG K242hd, but the Asus is out of the equation.
of the 2 the K242hd has a more bass, and soundstage.post #5 of 65/23/12 at 5:28amHow do they compare to K240 MP/LP?
My Source / Amp;
* Amp: Audio-GD NFB-12, Schiit Valhalla
* Dac: Oritek Audio D2.5, Valab NOS DAC (Heavily Modded), NFB-12
* Transport: Audio-GD DI v2 (not yet arrived), foobar2000 WASAPI
Edited by LosNir - 5/23/12 at 5:30ampost #6 of 65/23/12 at 5:40amQuote:
The K242 are amp dependant, the amps SS tends to show through a great deal, so pinning down their details is hard.
But, slightly recessed midrange naturally, quite bright, huge soundstage, and imaging. Very good detail for the money, scales well with better gear. And naturally analytical.
Needs a fair amount of power, you will be ok.
- AKG K242 HD vs AKG K272 HD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Shure SE215 vs MEE audio Pinnacle P1 20 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Want cheap grado or other cheap/broken headphones. 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 2 minutes ago
- › Mint Fitear TG334 ALO under warranty 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › What Headphone and Amp are you listening to right now? 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...