Agreed, waiting for the new GS-X myself along with the Pico Power.
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Mjolnir, Burson HA-160D, or Violectric V100 Last post on 1/26/13 at 3:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 vs. Violectric V100/200 for HD800 (classical music) Last post on 11/10/12 at 9:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 help ? Last post on 9/25/11 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best Amp/DAC Combo with HD800 Last post on 11/5/12 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
Amp and DAC for HD800 - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 659/28/12 at 8:07ampost #63 of 659/28/12 at 5:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by preproman
I can see this. I found the same with the GS-1 as well. The B22 is just a more fun listen. However, the M^3 with the HD800s is funner not better technically but sounds fuller more akin to a tube amp - but not.. When I had the GS-1 everything was a tad bit clearer but not as fun to listen to. That said the GS-1 was one of the best technically sounding amps I've heard.
Can't wait to get the new GS-X.
Imagine the GS-1 with more even/smoother treble and even more transparency/dynamics (if you can believe it) and you'll have the glory that is the GS-X (and throw in a dash of better imaging).post #64 of 659/28/12 at 6:59pmQuote:
Sound like a really good recipe for dish called "Sonic Bliss".
- Amp and DAC for HD800
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › Who has an end game setup? 1 minute ago
- › KOSS UR40: PERFECT! 1 minute ago
- › FS/FT: Sennheiser HD-800 w/ALO Ref 8 copper 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: [ANOTHER Price Drop!] Like-new Beyerdynamic DT1350 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › FS: [HUGE Price Drop!!] NIB AudioQuest Sydney 3.5mm to RCA... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: [Price Drop!] Like-new Sony MDR-SA3000 3 minutes ago
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe