Agreed, waiting for the new GS-X myself along with the Pico Power.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 5/24/12
- productBenchmark DAC1 USBtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productBurson HA-160Dtagged by System, 5/24/12
- productHeadAmp GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 5/24/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/12
- productViolectric HPA V100tagged by System, 5/24/12
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by System, 5/24/12
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by System, 5/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Mjolnir, Burson HA-160D, or Violectric V100 Last post on 1/26/13 at 3:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 vs. Violectric V100/200 for HD800 (classical music) Last post on 11/10/12 at 9:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 help ? Last post on 9/25/11 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread Last post on 11/29/13 at 8:04am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Amp and DAC for HD800 - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 659/28/12 at 8:07ampost #63 of 659/28/12 at 5:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by preproman
I can see this. I found the same with the GS-1 as well. The B22 is just a more fun listen. However, the M^3 with the HD800s is funner not better technically but sounds fuller more akin to a tube amp - but not.. When I had the GS-1 everything was a tad bit clearer but not as fun to listen to. That said the GS-1 was one of the best technically sounding amps I've heard.
Can't wait to get the new GS-X.
Imagine the GS-1 with more even/smoother treble and even more transparency/dynamics (if you can believe it) and you'll have the glory that is the GS-X (and throw in a dash of better imaging).post #64 of 659/28/12 at 6:59pmQuote:
Sound like a really good recipe for dish called "Sonic Bliss".
- Amp and DAC for HD800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 9 seconds ago
- › New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for the right DAC+AMP combo for SR80i's 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 2 minutes ago
- › Help with Signet TK22 ear pads 2 minutes ago
- › Are we there yet? 2 minutes ago
- › x3 - Freeze while playing 3 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe