Agreed, waiting for the new GS-X myself along with the Pico Power.
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Mjolnir, Burson HA-160D, or Violectric V100 Last post on 1/26/13 at 3:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 vs. Violectric V100/200 for HD800 (classical music) Last post on 11/10/12 at 9:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 help ? Last post on 9/25/11 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best Amp/DAC Combo with HD800 Last post on 11/5/12 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Amp and DAC for HD800 - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 659/28/12 at 8:07ampost #63 of 659/28/12 at 5:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by preproman
I can see this. I found the same with the GS-1 as well. The B22 is just a more fun listen. However, the M^3 with the HD800s is funner not better technically but sounds fuller more akin to a tube amp - but not.. When I had the GS-1 everything was a tad bit clearer but not as fun to listen to. That said the GS-1 was one of the best technically sounding amps I've heard.
Can't wait to get the new GS-X.
Imagine the GS-1 with more even/smoother treble and even more transparency/dynamics (if you can believe it) and you'll have the glory that is the GS-X (and throw in a dash of better imaging).post #64 of 659/28/12 at 6:59pmQuote:
Sound like a really good recipe for dish called "Sonic Bliss".
- Amp and DAC for HD800
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 4 minutes ago
- › Which would you choose? 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Amp advice - Crack vs LD Mkiii vs Valhalla 5 minutes ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 5 minutes ago
- › Hi quality Fuses: do they improve sound? 5 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe