Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3 - Page 22

Poll Results: Which one is better?

 
  • 47% (125)
    Hifiman HE-6
  • 52% (136)
    Audeze LCD-3
261 Total Votes  
post #316 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by cans4dessert View Post
 

So, would you say my 3-Ch beta 22 would bring more out of LCD-3 than with the HE-6?

 

A B22 is actually a really good amp for the price. It pairs pretty well with just about everything but the HE-6. I agree the LCD-3 is definitely the safer bet. 

post #317 of 405
Thx for your input everyone. I was sort of hoping the HE-6 will work well with my setup as it would be less strain on my wallet, but it looks like i would be better off with the LCD-3.
post #318 of 405
Or take the difference in savings with the 6s and get them their own amp. very_evil_smiley.gif

If you want to stay with one amp, the LCDs would be a better value.
post #319 of 405

So yea, I am looking to buy the HE-6 or the LCD-3. I seen alot of people claim lcd-3 to be the best. I just bought an Little dot mkvi+, and some balanced cables + I got a truly balanced source (hegel hd20). So I seen that the mkvi+ should have enough power to drive the he-6 in balanced configuration, but I wonder if anyone here have experience with it and knows if it really does a good job with it?

 

Also the HE-6 is available in a store nearby, so I could probably borrow it and see for myself. Thing is that I was going to get the lcd-3 first but I can't get to audition it, and it costs almost double the price. 

I would love any tips on how I should do, since the LCD-3 seems to be a beautiful phone, and I really want it. But so does the HE-6, but only when it got lots lots of power... :)

post #320 of 405

haven't you considered the lcd X ?

post #321 of 405

Nah since I can't really listen too it I wanna go for the flagship, not so much more money for the 3.

post #322 of 405

lcd3 your flagship ?

post #323 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstern View Post
 

lcd3 your flagship ?

I thought it was the flagship of audeze.

post #324 of 405

I thought the lcdX is now its successor "?

post #325 of 405
they do not have a flagship model . they all were at one time. the lcd x is the new model. but i can say this the HE6 is way above the lcd,s . it simply cannot touch it. now this is my view and in this thread im sure there will be plenty to agree. i own both of them, hands down the HE6 wins. i wish audeeze would improve or create a model to be at the HE6 level .

al d
post #326 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

they do not have a flagship model . they all were at one time. the lcd x is the new model. but i can say this the HE6 is way above the lcd,s . it simply cannot touch it. now this is my view and in this thread im sure there will be plenty to agree. i own both of them, hands down the HE6 wins. i wish audeeze would improve or create a model to be at the HE6 level .

al d

Ok cool, what do you think of them? Do the lack bass as some people say? And do you know anything about little dot mkvi+ can power it? It's made to be used with akg k1000 which I heard was similar in hard to drive :)

 

I bet I probably should loan the he-6 before I buy any and see for myself.

post #327 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androb View Post
 

Ok cool, what do you think of them? Do the lack bass as some people say? And do you know anything about little dot mkvi+ can power it? It's made to be used with akg k1000 which I heard was similar in hard to drive :)

 

I bet I probably should loan the he-6 before I buy any and see for myself.

 

Trying out an HE-6 first would be ideal if you can manage it (same goes for any headphone really).

 

In terms of bass, for my ears the HE-6 have the best bass I've heard anywhere (not heard the LCD-X/3 but owned the LCD2.2 for more than a year). Absolutely cannot fathom people hearing them as bass-light, can understand their bass presentation might not be for some people, but light I cannot understand. People who heard them on my system have without exception loved the bass from the HE-6. Makes me wonder if the people who have called the HE-6 bass-light have either a strong preference for a bass-tilted sound (nothing wrong with that at all of course), or have heard them inadequately driven.

post #328 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

 

Trying out an HE-6 first would be ideal if you can manage it (same goes for any headphone really).

 

In terms of bass, for my ears the HE-6 have the best bass I've heard anywhere (not heard the LCD-X/3 but owned the LCD2.2 for more than a year). Absolutely cannot fathom people hearing them as bass-light, can understand their bass presentation might not be for some people, but light I cannot understand. People who heard them on my system have without exception loved the bass from the HE-6. Makes me wonder if the people who have called the HE-6 bass-light have either a strong preference for a bass-tilted sound (nothing wrong with that at all of course), or have heard them inadequately driven.

 

+1

post #329 of 405
The LCD's lack the openness and transparency of the HE6. For some, myself included, a slightly upper tipped frequency response, with a soundstage that scales with improved equipment makes a headphone hard to beat. The HE6 also give you the heft and dynamic swing of a top-tier ortho (without constricting the size of the soundscape). The LCD's, while smooth and forgiving, hit their equipment peak rather quickly (they are an amp whore in a way, with the Dynahi marginally pulling away from the others) and they just don't bring enough to the table to compete with the likes of stats and the HE6. This IMO of course, but on the other hand a lot of people seem to be taken in by the warmth and pleasing tonality of the LCD's.
post #330 of 405
Yo Eric how are you. My friend has said it perfect.

Al
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3