Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3 - Page 19

Poll Results: Which one is better?

 
  • 47% (125)
    Hifiman HE-6
  • 52% (136)
    Audeze LCD-3
261 Total Votes  
post #271 of 405

but to get the he6 working to its fullest potential ,it needs a high end amp ;which amp you chosen for it ,when you were doing the days of direct comparison to the lcd3 ?

had you used the amp for both ?

post #272 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstern View Post

but to get the he6 working to its fullest potential ,it needs a high end amp ;which amp you chosen for it ,when you were doing the days of direct comparison to the lcd3 ?

had you used the amp for both ?

While I prefer HE6 to LCD3 by quite a big margin, I think LCD3 would be better on poorer recordings. 

It also needs a proper system behind it. In the past it was neck and neck with hd800 for me, but recently I upgraded my dac and now with F3 and PWD mk2 behind it, it is my favorite can! I wonder what the GSX will do for me when it arrives.

post #273 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cante Ista View Post

While I prefer HE6 to LCD3 by quite a big margin, I think LCD3 would be better on poorer recordings. 

It also needs a proper system behind it. In the past it was neck and neck with hd800 for me, but recently I upgraded my dac and now with F3 and PWD mk2 behind it, it is my favorite can! I wonder what the GSX will do for me when it arrives.

If the F3 is anything like the F1J the GS-X mkII will come in 2nd place.  That PWD and First Watt amp turned out to be a great pairing for the HE-6.

 

I going out on a limb and waiting for the Schiit Statement Hybrid amp so I can tailor fit it with some tubes for the LCD-3.  The recessed treble makes it hard to get a good amp pairing.  IMO.. 

post #274 of 405

 I think LCD3 would be better on poorer recordings....'

does this translates to that the lcd has better dynamics and the hd 800 better fidelity ?
post #275 of 405

No it's more about the accentuated vs. recessed treble IMO...

post #276 of 405

in this sense how lcd3 compare to hd800 ?

post #277 of 405

Yes the consensus seems to be that the treble is smoother with the Audeze, and not as accentuated as it is with the HD800.

post #278 of 405

for poor recordings the hd800

for better  the lcd,s 

for great recordings the he6 

           ??

 he6 similar to he 60 ?

post #279 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstern View Post

for poor recordings the hd800
for better  the lcd,s 
for great recordings the he6 
           ??
 he6 similar to he 60 ?
If you want to look at it that way, good recordings will sound best with the HD800's generally, poorer recordings are forgivable with LCD3, and the HE6 is somewhere in between them but will sound fantastic with better material.
post #280 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

If the F3 is anything like the F1J the GS-X mkII will come in 2nd place.  That PWD and First Watt amp turned out to be a great pairing for the HE-6.

 

I going out on a limb and waiting for the Schiit Statement Hybrid amp so I can tailor fit it with some tubes for the LCD-3.  The recessed treble makes it hard to get a good amp pairing.  IMO.. 

 

Looking forward to your impressions. your m7 v PWD review was the last straw for me to buy the PWD. Hope I can resist this time. wink.gif

post #281 of 405

i guess it must ,has to do with which amps using ,as other opinions are saying that the he6 which is very very power hungry ,is the most forgivable of all "?

anyway ,for poor recordings ,would you say the hd800 to be considered worlds best headphone ?

or how about the akgk100 ?

post #282 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstern View Post

i guess it must ,has to do with which amps using ,as other opinions are saying that the he6 which is very very power hungry ,is the most forgivable of all "?

anyway ,for poor recordings ,would you say the hd800 to be considered worlds best headphone ?

or how about the akgk100 ?

have not heard them side by side but HD800 is better resolving than the k1000. The best HP out there is Stax SR-009, but that could also depend on what you like and how you set up your system, etc. 

post #283 of 405
I have read this thread from beginning till this post and it as it always is . NO ONE ANSWER.

With that ill put things as I see it in my now perspective.

If you want the most detail and for me to accomplish this it needs to be more neutral and as some say bright .
Stay 009 or second place HE 6 , third HD800 . As they are all close but for me clearly they are in this order. If I am in the mood to hear my music some what more subdued meaning less revealing , it's the LCD3 heck it's why I bought them less fatiguing .
As for amps no one here has mentioned the AUDIO GD REF 10 it drives them all great except the stax of course . Or the WOO WA5 it too drives the HE 6 fine. The WA22 is better for the HD800.

In someways I guess it's opinion to a point but there is a line that some people clearly cross where I cannot agree.

One more thing no one has said in this thread BURN IN. The HE6 at least my pair needed to bun in as when they were brand new I almost requested a new pair , they were extremely Bright but this gave way to better sonics. Now as far as bass detail the he6 is more detailed but not by much as for amount , deepness I'm not sure but hear is food for thought if the he6 is brighter than the lcd, 3s than it would make sense for people to feel there is more bass in the LCD,s but deeper for the HE6 . My reasoning someone here said it there is more treble energy in the HE6 so when the bass appears it may seems more deeper . I'm am not sure on this one they both are just different and the HD800 is between them but closer to the HE6 .

Well that's my 2cents and I do not mean to offend just share thoughts as we all do.

Al D
post #284 of 405

Pardon my ignorance but ...wht the hell is prat?

post #285 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by egosumlux View Post

Pardon my ignorance but ...wht the hell is prat?
http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary

To me, it's the driver's ability to keep up with sharp transients.
Edited by Happy Camper - 9/27/13 at 7:58am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3