Final answer to the poll: HD800 (just joking, guys!)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Forgive me in advance for this review won't be focused too much on the sound. From the little while that I was able to listen to these headphones, they sounded amazing. They had a neutral tone...
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3 - Page 17
Poll Results: Which one is better?
48% (140)Hifiman HE-6
51% (147)Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As I said, I wanted to keep a phone with typical Audeze sound, just for my collection. I did like HE-6 over LCD-3 so much, I didn't even listen to LCD-3 anymore. And yes, I know LCD-3 was much better than LCD-2 Rev.2. But something man has to take unpopulair discissions ;-)! And for the Audeze sound (mostly with Electronic music) it take LCD-2...
Thanks for the tip.... Ofcourse you have to add shippingcost, importfees and tax. That will be around 25-30% plus. But still less expensive!
This is probably true, because of the number of high profile reviewers that talk up the LCD3, e.g. Jude, Tyll, Skylab, Guttenberg, etc. But then again, the number of high profile reviewer's favoring the lcd3 also says something about these headphones.
I tend to agree w/ Tyll's ears on most headphones, which is why I picked the LCD3. Then again it could just be that I'm just biased by their opinions...
Could it be said that the HD800 phones are in fact better than the LCD3s so that the real choice should be either the HE6 or the HD800s? From reading several threads it would appear the HD800s are the best headphones ever made and further that nothing else can really compare with them at all... Perhaps this thread should also morph into "The HD800 Appreciation Thread" as well! The HD800 is the best headphone available after all...
It's up there for sure. It's one of my best purchases
i know the lcd-2 and the hd-800(not the lcd-3, sorry)if the lcd-3 is similato lcd-2, is not comparable to hd-800.
rather, they are complementary
Depends on the individual's tastes, and system. Ultimately, I kept my HD800 and HE6 over my LCD3 as they did pretty much everything better besides the bass texturing (HE6 feels more detailed and deep, but less musical.
Sorry, less musical compared to the lcd-3?
The rare useful comment in this thread, by someone that has actually owned both headphones.
- Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 30 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 52 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with Beats By Dre Pro headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3