Final answer to the poll: HD800 (just joking, guys!)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auralic Taurus Last post on 9/22/14 at 9:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Replacement Schedule Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3 - Page 17
Poll Results: Which one is better?
48% (134)Hifiman HE-6
51% (142)Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As I said, I wanted to keep a phone with typical Audeze sound, just for my collection. I did like HE-6 over LCD-3 so much, I didn't even listen to LCD-3 anymore. And yes, I know LCD-3 was much better than LCD-2 Rev.2. But something man has to take unpopulair discissions ;-)! And for the Audeze sound (mostly with Electronic music) it take LCD-2...
Thanks for the tip.... Ofcourse you have to add shippingcost, importfees and tax. That will be around 25-30% plus. But still less expensive!
This is probably true, because of the number of high profile reviewers that talk up the LCD3, e.g. Jude, Tyll, Skylab, Guttenberg, etc. But then again, the number of high profile reviewer's favoring the lcd3 also says something about these headphones.
I tend to agree w/ Tyll's ears on most headphones, which is why I picked the LCD3. Then again it could just be that I'm just biased by their opinions...
Could it be said that the HD800 phones are in fact better than the LCD3s so that the real choice should be either the HE6 or the HD800s? From reading several threads it would appear the HD800s are the best headphones ever made and further that nothing else can really compare with them at all... Perhaps this thread should also morph into "The HD800 Appreciation Thread" as well! The HD800 is the best headphone available after all...
It's up there for sure. It's one of my best purchases
i know the lcd-2 and the hd-800(not the lcd-3, sorry)if the lcd-3 is similato lcd-2, is not comparable to hd-800.
rather, they are complementary
Depends on the individual's tastes, and system. Ultimately, I kept my HD800 and HE6 over my LCD3 as they did pretty much everything better besides the bass texturing (HE6 feels more detailed and deep, but less musical.
Sorry, less musical compared to the lcd-3?
The rare useful comment in this thread, by someone that has actually owned both headphones.
- Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3
- › Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! 3 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 51 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 52 seconds ago
- › Coiled cable suggestion 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3