Final answer to the poll: HD800 (just joking, guys!)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Auralic Taurus Last post on 9/22/14 at 9:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Replacement Schedule Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would a Meier Corda Prehead MK2 SE drive a HE-6? Last post on 9/22/14 at 6:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/26/14 at 7:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3 - Page 17
Poll Results: Which one is better?
48% (131)Hifiman HE-6
51% (139)Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As I said, I wanted to keep a phone with typical Audeze sound, just for my collection. I did like HE-6 over LCD-3 so much, I didn't even listen to LCD-3 anymore. And yes, I know LCD-3 was much better than LCD-2 Rev.2. But something man has to take unpopulair discissions ;-)! And for the Audeze sound (mostly with Electronic music) it take LCD-2...
Thanks for the tip.... Ofcourse you have to add shippingcost, importfees and tax. That will be around 25-30% plus. But still less expensive!
This is probably true, because of the number of high profile reviewers that talk up the LCD3, e.g. Jude, Tyll, Skylab, Guttenberg, etc. But then again, the number of high profile reviewer's favoring the lcd3 also says something about these headphones.
I tend to agree w/ Tyll's ears on most headphones, which is why I picked the LCD3. Then again it could just be that I'm just biased by their opinions...
Could it be said that the HD800 phones are in fact better than the LCD3s so that the real choice should be either the HE6 or the HD800s? From reading several threads it would appear the HD800s are the best headphones ever made and further that nothing else can really compare with them at all... Perhaps this thread should also morph into "The HD800 Appreciation Thread" as well! The HD800 is the best headphone available after all...
It's up there for sure. It's one of my best purchases
i know the lcd-2 and the hd-800(not the lcd-3, sorry)if the lcd-3 is similato lcd-2, is not comparable to hd-800.
rather, they are complementary
Depends on the individual's tastes, and system. Ultimately, I kept my HD800 and HE6 over my LCD3 as they did pretty much everything better besides the bass texturing (HE6 feels more detailed and deep, but less musical.
Sorry, less musical compared to the lcd-3?
The rare useful comment in this thread, by someone that has actually owned both headphones.
- Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 25 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 6 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3