Final answer to the poll: HD800 (just joking, guys!)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a quick and dirty look at the YHC S600, yet another outstanding hyper-budget earphone worthy of consideration. What the S600 brings to the...
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Hello people i guess its the time for me to review the WA5-LE and in this Part i will be covering the Takatsuki 300B Tubes. in Part 02 i will be covering the Elrog 300B (latest/newest...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3 - Page 17
Poll Results: Which one is better?
50% (155)Hifiman HE-6
49% (151)Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As I said, I wanted to keep a phone with typical Audeze sound, just for my collection. I did like HE-6 over LCD-3 so much, I didn't even listen to LCD-3 anymore. And yes, I know LCD-3 was much better than LCD-2 Rev.2. But something man has to take unpopulair discissions ;-)! And for the Audeze sound (mostly with Electronic music) it take LCD-2...
Thanks for the tip.... Ofcourse you have to add shippingcost, importfees and tax. That will be around 25-30% plus. But still less expensive!
This is probably true, because of the number of high profile reviewers that talk up the LCD3, e.g. Jude, Tyll, Skylab, Guttenberg, etc. But then again, the number of high profile reviewer's favoring the lcd3 also says something about these headphones.
I tend to agree w/ Tyll's ears on most headphones, which is why I picked the LCD3. Then again it could just be that I'm just biased by their opinions...
Could it be said that the HD800 phones are in fact better than the LCD3s so that the real choice should be either the HE6 or the HD800s? From reading several threads it would appear the HD800s are the best headphones ever made and further that nothing else can really compare with them at all... Perhaps this thread should also morph into "The HD800 Appreciation Thread" as well! The HD800 is the best headphone available after all...
It's up there for sure. It's one of my best purchases
i know the lcd-2 and the hd-800(not the lcd-3, sorry)if the lcd-3 is similato lcd-2, is not comparable to hd-800.
rather, they are complementary
Depends on the individual's tastes, and system. Ultimately, I kept my HD800 and HE6 over my LCD3 as they did pretty much everything better besides the bass texturing (HE6 feels more detailed and deep, but less musical.
Sorry, less musical compared to the lcd-3?
The rare useful comment in this thread, by someone that has actually owned both headphones.
- Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 22 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 27 seconds ago
- › Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD668B Headphone Review by mark2410 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 II 7 minutes ago
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Soundaware Esther by WCDchee
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...