Final answer to the poll: HD800 (just joking, guys!)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
i bought it this buletooth headphone 1 week ago. when i received it, i found it's very weightless, i think it's about half an ounce weight. about the performace, it can play 7 hours or more, the...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3 - Page 17
Poll Results: Which one is better?
50% (151)Hifiman HE-6
50% (151)Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As I said, I wanted to keep a phone with typical Audeze sound, just for my collection. I did like HE-6 over LCD-3 so much, I didn't even listen to LCD-3 anymore. And yes, I know LCD-3 was much better than LCD-2 Rev.2. But something man has to take unpopulair discissions ;-)! And for the Audeze sound (mostly with Electronic music) it take LCD-2...
Thanks for the tip.... Ofcourse you have to add shippingcost, importfees and tax. That will be around 25-30% plus. But still less expensive!
This is probably true, because of the number of high profile reviewers that talk up the LCD3, e.g. Jude, Tyll, Skylab, Guttenberg, etc. But then again, the number of high profile reviewer's favoring the lcd3 also says something about these headphones.
I tend to agree w/ Tyll's ears on most headphones, which is why I picked the LCD3. Then again it could just be that I'm just biased by their opinions...
Could it be said that the HD800 phones are in fact better than the LCD3s so that the real choice should be either the HE6 or the HD800s? From reading several threads it would appear the HD800s are the best headphones ever made and further that nothing else can really compare with them at all... Perhaps this thread should also morph into "The HD800 Appreciation Thread" as well! The HD800 is the best headphone available after all...
It's up there for sure. It's one of my best purchases
i know the lcd-2 and the hd-800(not the lcd-3, sorry)if the lcd-3 is similato lcd-2, is not comparable to hd-800.
rather, they are complementary
Depends on the individual's tastes, and system. Ultimately, I kept my HD800 and HE6 over my LCD3 as they did pretty much everything better besides the bass texturing (HE6 feels more detailed and deep, but less musical.
Sorry, less musical compared to the lcd-3?
The rare useful comment in this thread, by someone that has actually owned both headphones.
- Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3
- › IEMs for insomniacs--please make a recommendation! 8 seconds ago
- › Micromega MyDAC - switchable input DAC, switchable USB Class 1 or 2... 20 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 1 minute ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 4 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 4 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 5 minutes ago
- › Yulong ADA1 7 minutes ago
- › Hunter Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Sports 4.1 Bluetooth Headset... by Shobin Wang
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...