I just joined this site and im looking to buy a new pair of headphones. I've mostly listened to ibuds and beats. I listen to rock and dubstep on my iphone 3gs at the standard itunes file format. My budget is 250 or less. I want these for mostly portable use, and will get an amp if needed, but i dont want to get an amp. Im currently looking at the ath m50s and maybe the fiio e11.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/29/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/29/12
- productiBeats Headphones with ControlTalk From Monster® - In-Ear Noise Isolation - Blacktagged by System, 5/29/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 5/29/12
- productTechHead Metallic iBuds Blacktagged by System, 5/29/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable and Isolating headphone for 150USD -- SRH840, M50, HM5,etc Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good closed headphones Last post on 12/4/10 at 5:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Too much competition! What headphones should I get for $100-180? Last post on 4/1/13 at 4:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- closed Headphones for a 3rd generation ipod touch Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new headphones, need some help on choosing. Last post on 11/16/12 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: Hidizs Technology (http://www.hidizs.com/) is a Chinese audio manufacturer (mainly digital audio players) that established in early 2014 and is based in Dongguan, China....
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONA fair bit of this review may borrow sections from my U6 review. The reason for this is that a lot of...
Special thanks to Fiio for sponsoring this review unit for testing purposes Firmware installed : 1.2 Micro SD size used: 128GB C10 Sandisk Spec...
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
noob looking for new headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 95/20/12 at 6:07pmpost #3 of 95/20/12 at 6:35pmpost #4 of 95/20/12 at 8:06pm
dt770 pro (80 ohms) would also be a contender I believe... Fairly easy to drive, particularly with some amp, even a basic one, behind it. Bass extends fairly deep, though might want to opt for leather ear pads for better impact. They're also very decent for rock, portable, and durable (Made in Deutschland).post #5 of 95/20/12 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by SolomonPierce
dt770 pro (80 ohms) would also be a contender I believe... Fairly easy to drive, particularly with some amp, even a basic one, behind it. Bass extends fairly deep, though might want to opt for leather ear pads for better impact. They're also very decent for rock, portable, and durable (Made in Deutschland).
i dont have problem with a dt990 with velvour pad... and dt770 is not made in germany?post #6 of 95/27/12 at 10:51pm
All of Beyer's main line is made in Germany, one reason I have a lot of respect for them. Deutschland = Germany in German... I was just going for authenticity lol
edit: I love the velour pads also, the best velours I've ever put on my head imo. Just that the leather can add more bass according to some, although it can have some downturns for other frequencies apparently. I haven't tried leather on mine so can't comment for sure.
Edited by SolomonPierce - 5/27/12 at 10:53pmpost #7 of 95/28/12 at 9:05am
Regarding the DT770, I don't care for the sound signature. I believe the Shure SRH840 would be a better alternative. I can recommend the Fiio E11. It's a great amp for the money. But it does hiss a little. You only notice it when there are quiet passages in the music. Otherwise you don't notice it.post #8 of 95/28/12 at 3:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by hifihead
Regarding the DT770, I don't care for the sound signature. I believe the Shure SRH840 would be a better alternative. I can recommend the Fiio E11. It's a great amp for the money. But it does hiss a little. You only notice it when there are quiet passages in the music. Otherwise you don't notice it.
if thats the case, then i guess he should go for the e17, i have it and i never once notice hisspost #9 of 95/28/12 at 4:02pm
Ultrasone HFI-580, definitely. It beats the DT770 and M50 in sound quality (in my opinion) and you can easily power it with your iPhone, without an amp. The other two aren't BAD choices, and I'd try them out if you can, but I think the Ultrasones are a better choice.
- noob looking for new headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 22 seconds ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...