Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeat Audiotagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productPioneer SE-MJ751tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- m50 vs. hdj2000 vs. xone 53 vs. pro700mk2 vs. beyerdynamic 880? or wait for xb1000? Last post on 6/22/11 at 12:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphones, Studio and basic Listening For $300 and $200 for DEEP HOUSE Last post on 5/21/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Metallic theme California Headphones, any opinions? Last post on 6/7/13 at 3:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help! (un-amplified bass) Last post on 1/30/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones - Page 6post #76 of 807/18/12 at 3:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 807/29/12 at 1:43am
How do they compare to the Fidelio L1 in terms of sound? Are they similar, being warm but not hugely bass heavy? I own the hdj-2000 and am interested in the fidelio l1 (and possibly m1 if it becomes an equivelent success with the audiophile crowd).
post #78 of 807/29/12 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by DeeGee562
I was wondering if the Pioneer SE MJ751s would be good for an ipod touch/iphone...would it be able to get loud enough with these devices because i know other headphones like the Sony XB bass line need an amplifier to experience the headphones full potential, is that the case with these headphones? Also how is the bass on these? Would they be comparable to headphones such as the Beats Solo HD's? Thanks!
Sure! In fact, the SE-MJ751 comes with an Apple 3-button control/mic in the cable - well the US version does at least - . I don't actually have an iDevice, but on my Zune 30 it does get mighty loud. So, I would have no problem in believing that an iDevice would perform similarly.
I'm not sure what you mean about the Sony XBs though. I have both the XB300 and XB500, and they both seem to do okay without an amp. Are you talking about the XB700 or XB1000 by any chance?
Having owned the SoloHDs previously, I would most definitely say that the MJ751 sounds far better. It is both a competent portable and a proper basshead unit all at the same time thanks to the adjustable bass driver.Quote:
No idea here, but HiFiGuy528 has both the SE-MJ751 and the HDJ-2000, so he would be able to give you a fair comparison on that part of it at the very least.post #79 of 807/29/12 at 8:37amThread Starter
- New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 1 minute ago
- › Grado GS-2000e 2 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-100ABN h.ear on wireless impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...