Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeat Audiotagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productPioneer SE-MJ751tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- m50 vs. hdj2000 vs. xone 53 vs. pro700mk2 vs. beyerdynamic 880? or wait for xb1000? Last post on 6/22/11 at 12:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphones, Studio and basic Listening For $300 and $200 for DEEP HOUSE Last post on 5/21/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Metallic theme California Headphones, any opinions? Last post on 6/7/13 at 3:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help! (un-amplified bass) Last post on 1/30/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Chord Electronics Limited U.K.Model: MojoPrice: $599 at moon-audio.com Volume Control: One “+” and one “-” volume ball button.Power Connector: USB, Micro BBattery Life:...
New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones - Page 6post #76 of 807/18/12 at 3:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 807/29/12 at 1:43am
How do they compare to the Fidelio L1 in terms of sound? Are they similar, being warm but not hugely bass heavy? I own the hdj-2000 and am interested in the fidelio l1 (and possibly m1 if it becomes an equivelent success with the audiophile crowd).
post #78 of 807/29/12 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by DeeGee562
I was wondering if the Pioneer SE MJ751s would be good for an ipod touch/iphone...would it be able to get loud enough with these devices because i know other headphones like the Sony XB bass line need an amplifier to experience the headphones full potential, is that the case with these headphones? Also how is the bass on these? Would they be comparable to headphones such as the Beats Solo HD's? Thanks!
Sure! In fact, the SE-MJ751 comes with an Apple 3-button control/mic in the cable - well the US version does at least - . I don't actually have an iDevice, but on my Zune 30 it does get mighty loud. So, I would have no problem in believing that an iDevice would perform similarly.
I'm not sure what you mean about the Sony XBs though. I have both the XB300 and XB500, and they both seem to do okay without an amp. Are you talking about the XB700 or XB1000 by any chance?
Having owned the SoloHDs previously, I would most definitely say that the MJ751 sounds far better. It is both a competent portable and a proper basshead unit all at the same time thanks to the adjustable bass driver.Quote:
No idea here, but HiFiGuy528 has both the SE-MJ751 and the HDJ-2000, so he would be able to give you a fair comparison on that part of it at the very least.post #79 of 807/29/12 at 8:37amThread Starter
- New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 7 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 18 seconds ago
- › New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet - 1-28 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Power Supplies - PART3 - SMPS, LPS. SuperCap, Battery, DIY... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Please recommend headphones or IEMs for blocking low frequency noise 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear