Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeat Audiotagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productPioneer SE-MJ751tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- m50 vs. hdj2000 vs. xone 53 vs. pro700mk2 vs. beyerdynamic 880? or wait for xb1000? Last post on 6/22/11 at 12:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me some headphones with good bass that can vibrate and shake your head? Last post on 5/21/14 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm GETTING ONE OF THESE- PLEASE VOTE?!?!?! (hdj2000/akg550/athm50s..) Last post on 12/28/12 at 1:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones - Page 6post #76 of 807/18/12 at 3:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 807/29/12 at 1:43am
How do they compare to the Fidelio L1 in terms of sound? Are they similar, being warm but not hugely bass heavy? I own the hdj-2000 and am interested in the fidelio l1 (and possibly m1 if it becomes an equivelent success with the audiophile crowd).
post #78 of 807/29/12 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by DeeGee562
I was wondering if the Pioneer SE MJ751s would be good for an ipod touch/iphone...would it be able to get loud enough with these devices because i know other headphones like the Sony XB bass line need an amplifier to experience the headphones full potential, is that the case with these headphones? Also how is the bass on these? Would they be comparable to headphones such as the Beats Solo HD's? Thanks!
Sure! In fact, the SE-MJ751 comes with an Apple 3-button control/mic in the cable - well the US version does at least - . I don't actually have an iDevice, but on my Zune 30 it does get mighty loud. So, I would have no problem in believing that an iDevice would perform similarly.
I'm not sure what you mean about the Sony XBs though. I have both the XB300 and XB500, and they both seem to do okay without an amp. Are you talking about the XB700 or XB1000 by any chance?
Having owned the SoloHDs previously, I would most definitely say that the MJ751 sounds far better. It is both a competent portable and a proper basshead unit all at the same time thanks to the adjustable bass driver.Quote:
No idea here, but HiFiGuy528 has both the SE-MJ751 and the HDJ-2000, so he would be able to give you a fair comparison on that part of it at the very least.post #79 of 807/29/12 at 8:37amThread Starter
- New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 43 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12 Headphone Amp, very good condition 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Grado SR125e 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › 2.1 speakers recommendation Creative t3 vs Logitech z623 vs Altec... 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olfusen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)