Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeat Audiotagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productPioneer SE-MJ751tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- m50 vs. hdj2000 vs. xone 53 vs. pro700mk2 vs. beyerdynamic 880? or wait for xb1000? Last post on 6/22/11 at 12:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphones, Studio and basic Listening For $300 and $200 for DEEP HOUSE Last post on 5/21/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Metallic theme California Headphones, any opinions? Last post on 6/7/13 at 3:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help! (un-amplified bass) Last post on 1/30/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones - Page 6post #76 of 807/18/12 at 3:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 807/29/12 at 1:43am
How do they compare to the Fidelio L1 in terms of sound? Are they similar, being warm but not hugely bass heavy? I own the hdj-2000 and am interested in the fidelio l1 (and possibly m1 if it becomes an equivelent success with the audiophile crowd).
post #78 of 807/29/12 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by DeeGee562
I was wondering if the Pioneer SE MJ751s would be good for an ipod touch/iphone...would it be able to get loud enough with these devices because i know other headphones like the Sony XB bass line need an amplifier to experience the headphones full potential, is that the case with these headphones? Also how is the bass on these? Would they be comparable to headphones such as the Beats Solo HD's? Thanks!
Sure! In fact, the SE-MJ751 comes with an Apple 3-button control/mic in the cable - well the US version does at least - . I don't actually have an iDevice, but on my Zune 30 it does get mighty loud. So, I would have no problem in believing that an iDevice would perform similarly.
I'm not sure what you mean about the Sony XBs though. I have both the XB300 and XB500, and they both seem to do okay without an amp. Are you talking about the XB700 or XB1000 by any chance?
Having owned the SoloHDs previously, I would most definitely say that the MJ751 sounds far better. It is both a competent portable and a proper basshead unit all at the same time thanks to the adjustable bass driver.Quote:
No idea here, but HiFiGuy528 has both the SE-MJ751 and the HDJ-2000, so he would be able to give you a fair comparison on that part of it at the very least.post #79 of 807/29/12 at 8:37amThread Starter
- New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › On a mission to like jazz 52 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 14 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 16 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...