Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeat Audiotagged by System, 5/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/12
- productPioneer SE-MJ751tagged by System, 5/31/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- m50 vs. hdj2000 vs. xone 53 vs. pro700mk2 vs. beyerdynamic 880? or wait for xb1000? Last post on 6/22/11 at 12:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphones, Studio and basic Listening For $300 and $200 for DEEP HOUSE Last post on 5/21/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Metallic theme California Headphones, any opinions? Last post on 6/7/13 at 3:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help! (un-amplified bass) Last post on 1/30/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones - Page 6post #76 of 807/18/12 at 3:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 807/29/12 at 1:43am
How do they compare to the Fidelio L1 in terms of sound? Are they similar, being warm but not hugely bass heavy? I own the hdj-2000 and am interested in the fidelio l1 (and possibly m1 if it becomes an equivelent success with the audiophile crowd).
post #78 of 807/29/12 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by DeeGee562
I was wondering if the Pioneer SE MJ751s would be good for an ipod touch/iphone...would it be able to get loud enough with these devices because i know other headphones like the Sony XB bass line need an amplifier to experience the headphones full potential, is that the case with these headphones? Also how is the bass on these? Would they be comparable to headphones such as the Beats Solo HD's? Thanks!
Sure! In fact, the SE-MJ751 comes with an Apple 3-button control/mic in the cable - well the US version does at least - . I don't actually have an iDevice, but on my Zune 30 it does get mighty loud. So, I would have no problem in believing that an iDevice would perform similarly.
I'm not sure what you mean about the Sony XBs though. I have both the XB300 and XB500, and they both seem to do okay without an amp. Are you talking about the XB700 or XB1000 by any chance?
Having owned the SoloHDs previously, I would most definitely say that the MJ751 sounds far better. It is both a competent portable and a proper basshead unit all at the same time thanks to the adjustable bass driver.Quote:
No idea here, but HiFiGuy528 has both the SE-MJ751 and the HDJ-2000, so he would be able to give you a fair comparison on that part of it at the very least.post #79 of 807/29/12 at 8:37amThread Starter
- New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › SE846 Filter mod 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor Virtuoso Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Help Me Diagnose Why My Setup Sounds Harsh With Orchestral Music 9 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 13 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 16 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...