I've had my Turbine Golds for a few years and I love them to death, but enough is enough! No matter what tips I use, they always fall out of my ears. My much-inferior Denon IEMs get a lot more use for this reason alone. The only tips where this isn't an issue are Complies, but those can get costly and they tend to muffle the treble a bit. Plus I don't like the process of having to roll the tips in my fingers to insert them. I just want to shove them in my ears and go.
The trouble is I LOVE the sound signature! It's warm, smooth, heavy-yet-articulate bass, and non-fatiguing. To my ears, it's great. The bass makes me smile. This is the only reason I haven't sold them sooner but in the end, an IEM that you can only enjoy while sitting down and stationary isn't very enjoyable or reasonable.
So now I'm about ready to unload them and try to find something that work for my ears sonically and physically. I've looked into the Atrio MG7, Sennheiser IE8/IE80, Triple.Fi 10, and Sony MDR-EX1000 before and they sound like they'd be good options but I have no way to audition any of them prior to purchase.
I like the sound of a high performance dynamic IEM so that's mostly but I'm looking for, but I'm also completely open to new suggestions and won't rule out a BA if it can give proper bass and cohesion.
I listen to about 90% electronic music consisting of mostly electronica, psybient, house, electro, electro-house, and trance. The other 10% consists of hip-hop, classic rock, psychedelic rock, '90s grunge/alternative, and indie. Source for these would be a 6G iPod nano or my Samsung Galaxy S. Budget can't be more than maybe $315ish, but depends on how much I get for my Monsters when I sell them.
Edited by A Ham Sandwich - 5/19/12 at 10:42pm