Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Arizona (Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria/Scottsdale etc) meet : round 2 for the summer?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arizona (Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria/Scottsdale etc) meet : round 2 for the summer? - Page 3  

post #31 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid-Fi View Post

I take it this died off again...
 


I assume so given the lack of response on this thread.

post #32 of 81

If someone local is willing to take the reins and set a firm date/location, I think quite a few members are still interested.

post #33 of 81
Thread Starter 

Things have been busy, making music and stuff. It might happen this coming summer? But honestly I'm not too sure. Does anyone else have the desire to help organize a meet?

post #34 of 81

I'm certainly very interested in attending a meet in the Phoenix area.  I've never been to one before so wouldn't know the first thing about how to organize one.  Hopefully someone will pick this up and run with it!

post #35 of 81

There was a meeting in the works for late Spring, but it grew difficult with work and other projects intervening. Stay tuned for updates as talks for a late May/early June meet is in the works..

post #36 of 81

Just throwing this out there!  Our friends in NY have a sort of purse of funds that they re-cycle to hold their meets.  Basically they ask for sponsorship donations in the form of product from vendors who can also attend said meets.  Not-so-silent auctions are held to move these products and the proceeds are then funneled in to pay for the accommodations and various expenses.  The leftovers are saved for the next meet.  Since most people hate me I would probably be the least good person to be in charge of this!

 

I know it's a bit off our locals' level of prestige right now but it's a decent model nonetheless and something worth mentioning.

post #37 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis View Post

Just throwing this out there!  Our friends in NY have a sort of purse of funds that they re-cycle to hold their meets.  Basically they ask for sponsorship donations in the form of product from vendors who can also attend said meets.  Not-so-silent auctions are held to move these products and the proceeds are then funneled in to pay for the accommodations and various expenses.  The leftovers are saved for the next meet.  Since most people hate me I would probably be the least good person to be in charge of this!

 

I know it's a bit off our locals' level of prestige right now but it's a decent model nonetheless and something worth mentioning.


Indeed it is. As you said though, it's a bit off, but a great model to use for a future meet. I don't think I would be able to control such caliber of a meet, so that would rule me out of being in charge as well.

post #38 of 81

Where was the last Arizona meet held?  How many showed up? 
 

post #39 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico613 View Post

Where was the last Arizona meet held?  How many showed up? 
 


The Burton Barr Central Phoenix Public Library. It was a nice attendance with about 20-25 people if I recall correctly. It's our planned spot for the next meet. Food and drinks weren't permitted last meet, but that will change this meet.

post #40 of 81

Hi Coolzo,

 

Left some information for you via PM. Would you mind checking? Thanks!

post #41 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis View Post

Just throwing this out there!  Our friends in NY have a sort of purse of funds that they re-cycle to hold their meets.  Basically they ask for sponsorship donations in the form of product from vendors who can also attend said meets.  Not-so-silent auctions are held to move these products and the proceeds are then funneled in to pay for the accommodations and various expenses.  The leftovers are saved for the next meet.  Since most people hate me I would probably be the least good person to be in charge of this!

 

I know it's a bit off our locals' level of prestige right now but it's a decent model nonetheless and something worth mentioning.

 

I am hesitant to step forward to organize an Arizona meet similar to my past events. For the last meet, many of the attendees were unable or decided not to contribute to help offset expenses. One of the venders did donate product for a silent auction. The proceeds from the auction helped but did not fully offset the cost of the meet. Given this history, it seems unlikely we would have any leftovers. I would consider organizing another meet If there was greater member participation. Generally interest in a local meet seems limited these days.

post #42 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by balderon View Post

 

I am hesitant to step forward to organize an Arizona meet similar to my past events. For the last meet, many of the attendees were unable or decided not to contribute to help offset expenses. One of the venders did donate product for a silent auction. The proceeds from the auction helped but did not fully offset the cost of the meet. Given this history, it seems unlikely we would have any leftovers. I would consider organizing another meet If there was greater member participation. Generally interest in a local meet seems limited these days.


That was of the reasons the last meet we organized wasn't held at a hotel. It was in talks, but it just didn't seem like it would work best for the amount of attendees.

post #43 of 81

What is the ratio of equipment displayed by attendees vs vendors?

 

Anyone want to come to Sedona?

 

post #44 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico613 View Post

What is the ratio of equipment displayed by attendees vs vendors?

 

Anyone want to come to Sedona?

 

 

I'd drive up from Scottsdale but I'd like to see a list of vendors first.

post #45 of 81

+ 1
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Arizona (Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria/Scottsdale etc) meet : round 2 for the summer?