I've always used songs for burn-in, but would love to try pink noise. Anyone know about any dependable downloadable tracks?
Related Forum Threads
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for Amp and Sound Card for AKG K701 Last post on 12/3/13 at 2:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AKG K701 and K516DJ Last post on 11/26/13 at 5:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphone choice for IPOD - Advice Last post on 11/24/13 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K701 & M-Stage Matrix Combo Last post on 11/22/13 at 5:01pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
How do I burn in my headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks. I'll give this a try.
this works, but some if not most iem,headphones,amps,cables, sound best after hundreds of hours of burn in. personally i like to burn in all my items to get the best possible sound quality.
you can discern the change sonically if you listen to a pair of iems out of the box till a few hundreds hours there are little changes here and there you will notice
but most of the time people arent hardcore listeners that are going to in one session listen for 400 hours lol straight.
I've heard a couple headphones get worse, or not any better, with burn in... You also have to remember that over time, tips do fit better (they conform to your ear and gain softspots to adhere to your ear's shape; happened to every ear tip I've ever used... About 20-30 in total.). The better fit can be the reason why nothing ever got worse (a better fit leads to better sound).
As for a headphone getting worse... I would like you to read some burn in impressions of the Dunu Hephaes. Those were the biggest roller-coaster ride I've ever been on, I've had at least one or two other members hear them like this as well (one said it before I even talked about it on Head-Fi). They go from good out of the box, to downright aweful for 100-150 hours, then good again where they settle down around the 200 mark. Headphones can get worse with burn in, and it does happen. The improved fit with time is what makes this rare in my opinion.
That said, listening to them burns them in as well, I do a mix of just putting my iPod on shuffle and playing them, along with listening to them (if I enjoy them at the time).
Edited by tinyman392 - 5/19/12 at 8:55am
- How do I burn in my headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 27 seconds ago
- › Which Porcupine Tree \ Steven Wilson Album? 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 1 minute ago
- › HELP! Please... Advice needed. 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 2 minutes ago
- › Last Mid ohio meet this year Fall meet here we come. (westerville... 2 minutes ago
- › Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi