I've always used songs for burn-in, but would love to try pink noise. Anyone know about any dependable downloadable tracks?
Related Forum Threads
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend me a pair of headphones to give attention to when i go to listen for shopping Last post on 9/10/14 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a new pair of headphones! Last post on 9/7/14 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Quick question about AKG K701 Last post on 8/17/14 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sample object ive mesurment of headphones headstage Last post on 8/3/14 at 7:43am in Headphones (full-size)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
How do I burn in my headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks. I'll give this a try.
this works, but some if not most iem,headphones,amps,cables, sound best after hundreds of hours of burn in. personally i like to burn in all my items to get the best possible sound quality.
you can discern the change sonically if you listen to a pair of iems out of the box till a few hundreds hours there are little changes here and there you will notice
but most of the time people arent hardcore listeners that are going to in one session listen for 400 hours lol straight.
I've heard a couple headphones get worse, or not any better, with burn in... You also have to remember that over time, tips do fit better (they conform to your ear and gain softspots to adhere to your ear's shape; happened to every ear tip I've ever used... About 20-30 in total.). The better fit can be the reason why nothing ever got worse (a better fit leads to better sound).
As for a headphone getting worse... I would like you to read some burn in impressions of the Dunu Hephaes. Those were the biggest roller-coaster ride I've ever been on, I've had at least one or two other members hear them like this as well (one said it before I even talked about it on Head-Fi). They go from good out of the box, to downright aweful for 100-150 hours, then good again where they settle down around the 200 mark. Headphones can get worse with burn in, and it does happen. The improved fit with time is what makes this rare in my opinion.
That said, listening to them burns them in as well, I do a mix of just putting my iPod on shuffle and playing them, along with listening to them (if I enjoy them at the time).
Edited by tinyman392 - 5/19/12 at 8:55am
- How do I burn in my headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)