I've always used songs for burn-in, but would love to try pink noise. Anyone know about any dependable downloadable tracks?
Related Forum Threads
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR60i driver Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:50pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- AKG K701 Last post on 7/9/14 at 7:03pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- GAMING: tritton 720+ are terrible, need a new headset. Last post on 6/25/14 at 6:04pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Circumaural travel headphones (Alternatives to the PXC450) Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:46pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
How do I burn in my headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks. I'll give this a try.
this works, but some if not most iem,headphones,amps,cables, sound best after hundreds of hours of burn in. personally i like to burn in all my items to get the best possible sound quality.
you can discern the change sonically if you listen to a pair of iems out of the box till a few hundreds hours there are little changes here and there you will notice
but most of the time people arent hardcore listeners that are going to in one session listen for 400 hours lol straight.
I've heard a couple headphones get worse, or not any better, with burn in... You also have to remember that over time, tips do fit better (they conform to your ear and gain softspots to adhere to your ear's shape; happened to every ear tip I've ever used... About 20-30 in total.). The better fit can be the reason why nothing ever got worse (a better fit leads to better sound).
As for a headphone getting worse... I would like you to read some burn in impressions of the Dunu Hephaes. Those were the biggest roller-coaster ride I've ever been on, I've had at least one or two other members hear them like this as well (one said it before I even talked about it on Head-Fi). They go from good out of the box, to downright aweful for 100-150 hours, then good again where they settle down around the 200 mark. Headphones can get worse with burn in, and it does happen. The improved fit with time is what makes this rare in my opinion.
That said, listening to them burns them in as well, I do a mix of just putting my iPod on shuffle and playing them, along with listening to them (if I enjoy them at the time).
Edited by tinyman392 - 5/19/12 at 8:55am
- How do I burn in my headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 2: "Pop" goes DSD. (page 122) 4 seconds ago
- › Best 20$ earbuds 26 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Just received my Denon DA300USB desktop DAC/amp 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-v600 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)